The Solo Trip Which Led to a Vinylmation Addiction!** COMPLETE 4/8

So after I saw the indecent exposure, I decided I need to do something. I was a bit discouraged because it was so busy but I decided to push through!

I headed to TSM and saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The next show was in about 40 minutes so I decided to wait in line.

IMG_3479_zpseb16ba5d.jpg

IMG_3480_zps852d952e.jpg

IMG_3486_zpsbcb750c6.jpg

There was a funny family behind me with a kid about 13 and he did not want to see this show! He was so mad he was missing out on Indiana Jones.

It was so busy that they didn't even let the regular guests in the waiting area. The waiting room was entirely filled with fastpass people. We didn't get to go in until right when the show started.

I wanted a good seat but it was pretty much impossible to get a good seat where I was. I ended up towards the right of the room in the middle.

Time for the show to start!

IMG_3491_zpscd3191d8.jpg

I love the water effects, the bubbles, and the smoke effects!

IMG_3493_zpsea717252.jpg

IMG_3494_zps4d5426ed.jpg

IMG_3495_zps2e4118ca.jpg

IMG_3500_zps0b8679ad.jpg

After the show I was definitely underwhelmed. I think they need to replace this show with something else!

I decided to head towards the Osborne Lights to get ready for them and to meet up with Emmebear!

She said she was getting a beer at the Studio Catering Company so I figured I might as well head back.

IMG_3503_zps032b766b.jpg

IMG_3506_zps6d9b0af6.jpg

I love the TSM area!

Stand by still over 2 hours!

IMG_3507_zps34035c09.jpg

IMG_3508_zps1b8977eb.jpg

IMG_3510_zpsb33b45e8.jpg

Up next: Osborne Lights with emmebear!

Enjoying your report so far! I just recently discovered Vinylmations too and think it could get real ugly real quick if I don't stay off the Disney website and eBay :laughing:

A quick trip to the World! :thumbsup2 Awesome!! I was reading your other trip report and you said that you started a new one, so here I am :surfweb:

Butterfinger Cupcake Yummmm! :lovestruc I have to try one of those.

Was it Marathon weekend when you were there? I was there a few years ago during Marathon weekend and it was really crowded. :crowded:

Wow what a site to see at ToT :scratchin :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about your meet :cool1:

Thanks for joining in! No it wasn't marathon weekend. I think that started the weekend after I was there. Thank god as I hear as well that marathon weekend is crowded. That site was def weird at ToT! I don't know what these people are thinking.

Enjoying your report so far! I just recently discovered Vinylmations too and think it could get real ugly real quick if I don't stay off the Disney website and eBay :laughing:

Haha same here! I have an amazon gc i need to use and Amazon sells vinylmations! I might have to use my gc on vinylmations!

wow- we used to go in mid january alot and it was always pretty slow- wonder what drove the attendance when you were there?

wow- we used to go in mid january alot and it was always pretty slow- wonder what drove the attendance when you were there?

It was just that one day at Hollywood Studios that was bad. I think it was because christmas/new years crowds were still there and there was AM EMH at HS that maybe had something to do with it?

When I got to Studio Catering Company I didn't see her anywhere. She texted me that they went on the street but will be back soon and that they have a green stroller!

I stand around a little bit and look to the right and see them coming! Yay!! We said hi and gave hugs and I met Emme and she is sooooo cute. Seriously, the cutest little girl I have ever seen! She has the longest dark brown hair the biggest cheeks and the prettiest eyes. Such a pretty 3 year old!

Now it is time to head to the lights. We get in the street and of course it was crazy because they haven't started. I told Emmebear that she should go to the light switch and see the light switch be flipped.

We talked for a bit about how we both started liking Disney and different experiences we have had. We talked about her hotel and it was really cheap and nice with 3 bedrooms!

Next it was time for the lights to start so the switch was flipped and the lights start dancing. Emme loved it!! She was looking all over the place and just wanted to stand up in her stroller and see everything. Her mom got her a baby Simba toy that she loved and was holding.

It was so cool to see the lights again especially when I didn't think I would see them until this December. Here is my photo collage. They aren't that great!

IMG_3515_zps7a7680f7.jpg

IMG_3516_zps01b98358.jpg

IMG_3520_zps428f8887.jpg

IMG_3526_zps0937f34e.jpg

IMG_3528_zpsed037429.jpg

IMG_3531_zps44f243e9.jpg

IMG_3533_zpseddb1823.jpg

We stopped and took some more pictures and emmebear gave me some photography tips! She is very into DSLRs and actually photographs on the side.

3B2C29BB-691A-4594-AD5E-8BFB0BDE9E87-10700-00000E1C9203E8C8.jpg

She hello Kittied us! How cute!!

Then we decided to wait in line to get the main photopass in front of the toy soldiers. I hot a hazelnut hot chocolate which was disappointing because it didn't taste like hazelnut at all but the hot chocolate was good.

The music stopped just before we were going to get our picture so we had to wait. The CM working the line took Emme and started dancing with her. It was super cute!!!

Here we are! I look horrible!

IMG_3534_zps70bf51b0.jpg

We decided to walk around a little bit more then have some other fun in HS!

IMG_3537_zps42072633.jpg

IMG_3538_zpsa977fdc0.jpg

IMG_3541_zpsfe68affb.jpg

IMG_3542_zps444d4f1e.jpg

IMG_3543_zpse7c62f50.jpg

IMG_3545_zps52beba6c.jpg

Now that we finished touring the Osborne Lights we decided to ride Star Tours.

IMG_3547_zps0a650084.jpg

I was a little worried that Emme would be scared but we decided to go on it. She loved it! she loves Angry Birds Star Wars so we kept saying it was Angry Birds Star Wars.

She was a little loose in the chairs but she had fun. Us older people felt a little queasy after though. It was a cool sequence that i haven't got before. Normally I get the one where a big pokey thing comes in to the glass.

Luckily she had a car so we didn't have to take a bus. We took the car and headed to Boma. How nice it is to have a car!

Tonight we had a reservation at Boma around 7:45/8:45? I don't really remember all I know was it was later than I normally eat. But I was ok with that! Emmebear booked this reservation and this is the reservation that we were originally just going to meet for but it turned into HS and the next day at MK which was awesome!

We dropped her car off with valet because I guess valet is free with tables in wonderland. That was nice!

I was really excited to have dinner here. Corey would never eat dinner at Boma because he is very picky so this was the only chance I had to eat here. We have been to breakfast at Boma but never dinner. Emmebear loves Boma so I was excited! She raved about the carrot ginger soup and I was excited to try that.

After we got into the building I saw an amazing sight: The Christmas Tree!!!

IMG_3560_zps91866e71.jpg

IMG_3559_zps98cfa5b1.jpg

I did NOT think I would see any resort Christmas decoration so I was stunned and excited to see this tree. It was so beautiful!

We get to the restaurant and check in even though we were a bit early.

They let us in early!

Pretty tree in the lobby!

IMG_3553_zps07af1277.jpg

IMG_3550_zpsee81e115.jpg

We had a table in the window which is funny because every time I have been to the restaurant I have sat at the tables by the window! In November I only sat one table over from where I was this time.

Emmebear wanted to order a drink so I decided to order one too!

I got the Superfruit margarita topped with lemon lime foam! It was delicious and I loved the foam.

FA5ECAD4-0283-4D75-95E9-F1E2A68FE1AF-5407-00000728B2542871.jpg

IMG_3556_zps54c52ad4.jpg

The carrot ginger soup was delicious! It was a little thicker than I thought it would be but it was good and tasted like butternut squash soup.

IMG_3555_zpsb0c86dfe.jpg

Emme was a little cranky in the beginning but she got much better! She is just so cute! She was watching videos on her moms phone which entertained her for the meal.

My first plate:

IMG_3554_zpsadeb6551.jpg

I loved the rice with the tomato paneer. It was basically just cheese cubes with a tomato curry sauce. It was delicious! The meat wasn't that great but the boma mustard was good on it!

I must not have a picture of my other plate but this dessert plate was amazing!!! they have great desserts. I had zebra domes before but didn't like it. I liked this zebra dome!

IMG_3558_zpsada64483.jpg

We had a great time at Boma. We didn't leave till 10pm. I was exhausted when I got back to my hotel and fell right asleep! I normally don't sleep well in value beds but I was so exhausted this trip that I fell right asleep!

We had to be up really early because we had a reservation at Crystal Palace at 8:05am!

Just getting caught up. I didn't miss any vinylmations, I see. I just LOVE the Osborne Lights !! So, so amazing !!

It was crazy crowded when we went on our trip, too. Like 8-9 crowds. We were stunned. Didn't stop us from having fun though !!!

Susan

The Carrot Ginger Soup is the best!! :) I love eating at Boma.

Really enjoying your TR.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just getting caught up. I didn't miss any vinylmations, I see. I just LOVE the Osborne Lights !! So, so amazing !!

It was crazy crowded when we went on our trip, too. Like 8-9 crowds. We were stunned. Didn't stop us from having fun though !!!

Susan
Nope, no vinylmations yet. They come later and in a frenzy!

The crowds were crazy! Sun and Mon weren't bad but that Sat was horrendous!
The Carrot Ginger Soup is the best!! :) I love eating at Boma.

Really enjoying your TR.

I really liked it too! It was my first time eating there and I want to go back!

Well, this is fun! I'm in ...

Yay! Thanks for joining in!

This morning was Crystal Palace with emmbear and Emme! I was so excited to go to a character meal with a little kid! Normally it is just me and Corey.

I think our reservation was at 8:10am and we were running a little late. Emmebear got to my hotel at 8:05 to pick me up. I forgot my hair tie in my room before she arrived so I had to go back and get it but I got it before she picked me up.

Emme was so happy this morning watching her tv show in the car.

We actually made REALLY good time! We got to MK at 8:30. It was my first time ever parking in the MK parking lot and it went smoothly. While riding on the monorail I realized just how foggy it was! You couldn't even see into the lake!

5C91C734-BEB4-4818-A01C-53F00D859EEC-15123-000014F9269AFCBE.jpg

MK was already packed for being this early. A lot of people get there early! So we get in the line to get our bags checked and Emmebear goes in quickly. Then its my turn....And there were foreign people next to me that had a knife in their bag!!!!!!!! Granted it was just a pocket knife but still you should know not to bring that! Then they were all freaking out that they were going to get in trouble. Then the security guard had to call someone, all while I was standing there waiting to be checked out! He could have easily looked at my bad but nooo, i had to get into a different line!

IMG_3561_zps1fb7fb6b.jpg

So I got in the different line and got through quickly. The knife people were still there.

YAY!!! Christmas decorations! I couldn't believe I was seeing Christmas decorations twice in the same season!

IMG_3562_zpsd951db64.jpg

IMG_3563_zps9ead744a.jpg

FOGGGG!! It was pretty awesome actually! Yeah, the clouds may not have been blue for this time to take pics before the park opened but it was really cool!

IMG_3564_zpsb08e6a05.jpg

IMG_3565_zpsf1a0b1d8.jpg

IMG_3566_zps58b6c4f7.jpg

Yay! Dis'ers turned into friends :) We actually want to meet up again sometime in the next couple of months.

IMG_3567_zpsfb2e0d72.jpg

IMG_3568_zps7ef905f5.jpg

Do you guys know how to take a ride on this thing? Thats a Disney goal!

IMG_3570_zpse0f78a21.jpg

IMG_3571_zps08f12667.jpg

IMG_3573_zps0d527464.jpg

IMG_3574_zpsbd01bcff.jpg

IMG_3576_zps0f01c564.jpg

IMG_3575_zps5d2665e5.jpg

Finally time to eat breakfast! Since I got gypped out of this breakfast from my November trip I needed to eat it this trip!

Before we checked in Emmebear realized she left her batter charger for her camera back at the hotel! So she was on hold with the hotel trying to find them and make sure they put them in safe place.

Emme was a little cranky but she quickly got over it!:)

IMG_3578_zps978a9b1e.jpg

It was still so cool looking with that fog so I took some more pictures.

Breakfast seemed a little bit more pricey than I thought.

IMG_3577_zps79b297e4.jpg

IMG_3581_zps6457652b.jpg

IMG_3582_zpsa08716b3.jpg

Haha, there is he little Simba baby that she loved.

IMG_3585_zps786793e6.jpg

Emmebear checked us in and a few moments later we were called in!

We had a castle view, although it is a bit foggy!

IMG_3586_zps951d7aec.jpg

The characters started coming right away so we waited to get our food.

IMG_3588_zpsbf2ef760.jpg

Pooh came first!

IMG_3589_zps8e282a70.jpg

Emme was bouncing Pooh's belly and it was so funny!

After Pooh I went up for my first plate which had smoked salmon and fruit.

IMG_3591_zps3003370e.jpg

The fruit and smoked salmon was very good. Last time I was here they had a berry fruit bowls which was really good. They didn't have this this time unfortunately. The smoked salmon was a pastrami smoked salmon so it was a little too salty on the outside.

Next Piglet came! I think he/she is my favorite because they are pink, my favorite color!

IMG_3592_zps7feabeb0.jpg

Next plate has more smoked salmon, cheesy potatoes, corned beef hash, and a cheesy omellete bake.

IMG_3596_zps74ce81ad.jpg

Nothing on this plate was really great. The cheesy omelette bake was gross and had a really weird texture. The cheesy potatoes were ok but I prefer shredded potatoes.

I had to try to breakfast lasagna which they brought back.

IMG_3597_zpse9b24452.jpg

It wasn't very good. I wish it was more like bread pudding. The berry flavor was a fake berry flavor. The caramelized bananas on top were great!

I realized at this point i forgot the pooh's puffed french toast which is soo good! It is basically just fried donuts with cinnamon sugar on it. It is so good but these pieces were a little well done.

IMG_3598_zps7e39d860.jpg

Before I knew it breakfast was over. It wasn't as good as the first breakfast I had here. I swear every disney restaurant tastes better the first time. The second time it is always a let down.

It is such a pretty restaurant! I just don't get why all of these restaurants book up but yet when you go in there is at least 1/3 of the tables empty? They don't do that good of a job with time between tables.

IMG_3602_zps0283c34a.jpg

IMG_3603_zpsf99140f5.jpg

I definitely want to do a solo trip at some point. No one I know likes Disney enough to go on as many trips as I would like to. Can't wait to hear more about yours!

I love eating Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Yummmm!! I agree the place seems to be always empty, but there are a lot of people sitting outside waiting? Bad table turn around I guess. The fog makes the castle look really cool :) great pics!

After we got done with Crystal Palace we needed to move it to head to New Fantasyland.

I was getting very very excited because in November I just missed it opening. They wouldn't let me in even though it was open.

The skies were starting to turn blue and non foggy!

IMG_3604_zps41eeaacf.jpg

Our plan was to ride the Little Mermaid ride first.

IMG_3605_zps23ef3dce.jpg

IMG_3606_zps7444caf9.jpg

The queue was gorgeous! All of the rock and water made it so pretty! It was pretty peaceful!

IMG_3607_zps4699bbf5.jpg

IMG_3608_zps9fe09ecf.jpg

Soo there is a game that you play with this crab that is projected on screens.

Here are what the instructions are supposed to look like.

IMG_3612_zps4313d705.jpg

Here are what one set of instructions look like.

IMG_3611_zps558eb234.jpg

Can you believe the letters are already coming off?? That doesn't seem right!

Scuttle talks to you while waiting. Super cute!

IMG_3614_zps7c182ece.jpg

The painting in the loading area is so pretty

IMG_3625_zpsa693b03e.jpg

IMG_3629_zpsd96af78f.jpg

Scuttle wants again talks to you in the beginning of the ride.

IMG_3632_zps30dc90f7.jpg

IMG_3633_zps257a8085.jpg

Then you go backwards and get a rush of cold air like you are going underwater. You see bubbles in front of you.

IMG_3634_zpsc1882fbe.jpg

IMG_3637_zps527a7462.jpg

IMG_3638_zpsdfbb2c3a.jpg

The Prince Eric statue is exactly like the statue in Art of Animation!

IMG_3640_zps44758651.jpg

IMG_3642_zpsa2ed5cc2.jpg

Continued in next post..

I left out and we were just starting our ride on The Little Mermaid ride! I was loving it so far!

IMG_3643_zps4048c593.jpg

IMG_3646_zpsd551b004.jpg

When you come up to this Ariel you do see the rod poking out of her back but it doesn't make me upset about it like some people are.

IMG_3647_zps42e2d1a9.jpg

IMG_3649_zps939a5e7a.jpg

IMG_3650_zpsb9089d4e.jpg

My only negative about this main room would be it seemed really light. It wasn't dark enough.

IMG_3652_zps01e40575.jpg

IMG_3653_zpsb1a80194.jpg

Then you go into the room where they are about to kiss!

IMG_3655_zps2f70d368.jpg

IMG_3656_zpsa730d28f.jpg

IMG_3657_zps6d8cffe6.jpg

IMG_3658_zps9e3a3e53.jpg

Then King Triton appears.

IMG_3660_zpsbcf943a1.jpg

IMG_3662_zpsdb70fbe4.jpg

And Ariel and Prince Eric get married! Aw how cute!

IMG_3663_zps2b7deebd.jpg

IMG_3664_zps2c03ee2e.jpg

And Scuttle concludes his story telling.

IMG_3665_zpse03ddcf6.jpg

The End!

All in all, I really liked the ride. I do think the middle room needs to be darker but it was very cute and colorful and full of great music! I love the Little Mermaid music.

I definitely want to do a solo trip at some point. No one I know likes Disney enough to go on as many trips as I would like to. Can't wait to hear more about yours!
That is how I am. None of my friends like Disney. Thankfully my boyfriend likes it. He doesn't want to go as much as me though!

I love eating Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Yummmm!! I agree the place seems to be always empty, but there are a lot of people sitting outside waiting? Bad table turn around I guess. The fog makes the castle look really cool :) great pics!

Me too! It is a fun time! Maybe they just really underbook here? Thanks for the compliment about my photos

Ugh, I'm sorry you didn't get to see New Fantasyland in November! I was there a little later than you in November and I thought I had no hope of seeing it because of AP previews, but I actually got in twice! I was SO happy, I think I cried a little! :yay: I just think that whole area is perfect! princess:

I LOVED the Little Mermaid ride! I know a lot of people complained about it when they started doing previews, but I loved it! What more do people want! :rotfl:

I'm a little slow to this trip report, but I finally found it!!!
oooohhhh I solo trip, I've always said I would go to disney by myself.
That Penne CHicken Alfredo looks so good, how I wish I could have some Disney food right now.
I hate when Disney is so crowded, I just want to go on my favorite rides with out waiting like 1-2 hours.
WHAT?!:eek: People need to purchase clothes that fit them. I mean its a family place keep that to yourself!
Just the story of all the crowds seems like a nightmare
I need to see the osborne lights.
Emme seems so precious! Love her merida dress
That Boma food looks pretty good.
A knife?! Why would you ever bring a knife into Disney? I mean I can understand cutting something up but you should know that you wont get in.
The new fantasyland is perfect! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter