The Olympics

I am laughing at my hubby doing the ::OMG How did you not score dance!:: :rotfl2:

This is bad for the blood pressure!!!!!

GO CANADA GO!!

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

2:02 left...

this is the scariest part of the game...

I am waiting on the goalie to be pulled.

As a citizen of Vancouver I want to thank the world for making the Olympics such a success and for your kindred spirit in sport and togetherness. I do hope that we were able to showcase that we aren't just igloos and snow ;) ;)

:grouphug:

EDIT: Deservedly US goalie Miller got the tourny MVP

And world champion hockey players! ;)

Congratulations my friends!!! It was an incredible game! Four years? :teeth:

Honest? It was right for Canada to win on home soil. ::yes:: (Plus, my Grandfather would have liked it that way). :teeth:

Thank you world!

Who is watching the closing ceremonies? I hear there will be a lot of poking fun of Canadianisms :) And the missing arm of the flame inside of BC Place

We are! The opening of the missing arm was GREAT!!!! :rotfl:

Looking forward to seeing the rest. The Anthem was very nice. ::yes::

definatly very cool opening. I love the fourh arm raising.

I'm so sad it's over though. I've enjoyed watching every minute of it. I always had one of the four stations on.

And I finally understand curling... and it was something me and my friend could talk about. Now we won't really have anything to talk about...

Woohoo Neil Young! I heard rumours he would be there and WOOHOO he is.

SHATNER!!!! LOL

so which commercials are you going to miss and which ones are you hoping to never see again??

I like the P&G ones, all of them fairly cute.
The mcdonalds ones were nice.
The GE say "AAAA".

I'll be glad see the AT&T snowboard in space gone.
The sienna "there's a diaper bag on the roof" and "mommy's taking a time out"
and even though it's not that bad, subway one... Only cause i can't afford to eat it all the time, and it makes me crave it.

I'm sure there will still be a few played afterwards, but not like every commercial break as they were during the games.

We didn't get those commercials up here...

All I know is with the Olympics officially over I am back sitting at my desk at work :surfweb::surfweb:

I loved the closing ceremonies! They had a great tongue-in-cheek self-deprecating tone that made me smile. :happytv: Plus, I loved the fact that they gave the fourth torchbearer a chance to light the Olympic flame, since she didn't get a chance at the opening ceremonies.

And how can you not like a ceremony with huge inflatable moose?

LOL ya I took it as tongue and cheek and laughed though I've had some friends take serious offense. WHAT-EVA! :confused3

Anyways.... so sad this morning as I look out my window at work and see the Olympic Rings turned off. :( :(

And from my vantage point one lone German flag which I assume was forgotten... Poor thing.

BUT the Paralympics start next week. :dance3: Hubby and I going to try and get to the opening ceremonies if he can get off of work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter