The Olympics

I always get all sad when the Olympics end :(

Mhm, I definitely agree with you there. The Olympics are great to watch and a perfect time to feel patriotic to your country and to feel a sense of belonging with the rest of the world.:goodvibes

Hey, I wasn't online during the Olympics -- too busy watching them. I enjoyed reading this thread, though, since it brought them all back.

I'm not in the same time zone and find I'm still overtired from lack of sleep during the Olympics. But, they were awesome!

Do you know if CTV is planning to broadcast the Paraolympics?

Hey, I wasn't online during the Olympics -- too busy watching them. I enjoyed reading this thread, though, since it brought them all back.

I'm not in the same time zone and find I'm still overtired from lack of sleep during the Olympics. But, they were awesome!

Do you know if CTV is planning to broadcast the Paraolympics?

My understanding is yes, CTV will be televising them which I think is awesome. The Olympic rings were taken down on Friday and the Paralympic crescents were put up. The flame is going through Victoria today.

Here's a couple photos from last night courtesy of the Vancouver Sun of Roberto Luongo (Team Canada's Men's Goalie) lighting a Paralympic Cauldron in Robson Square

2675176.jpg

2674218.jpg

It is my understanding that the official flame will be lit tonight on the waterfront same as the Olympics.

Here's the article the photos are from. I will give updates when I can on the Paralympics and will post my own photos as we try to get to events.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/2010wintergames/news/Canucks+goalie+Roberto+Luongo+lights+Games+cauldron/2675170/story.html

And I don't know what sort of televised events locations will get but here's the official Canadian Olympic / Paralympic tv channel site that will have updates on events/results of races, etc.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/

Thank you!

LOUUUUU! LOL.

It will be great to follow the paraolympics with your reports. I appreciate your taking the time to share it with us.

I've not had any success in finding the games broadcast here. :confused3

It was the opening ceremonies tonight; I only got to see part of it as I was at one of my nieces hockey tournament tonight but they had it on the TV in the sitting area of the rink. There was an amazing dance routine going on with one person who has limited leg strength and had crutches. he was doing AMAZING moves mid air balancing on the crutches.

I am hoping some video will be on youtube soon!

For those of you in Canada, or at least the Vancouver area they opening ceremonies is being replayed Saturday at 2pm on CTV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter