The Olympics

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Good night for the games.

So then? We're still on for Canada vs US!!! :teeth:

Some to go yet, but we'll see how it plays out. ::yes::

Today is women's medal games for hockey -- Canada vs USA for gold so we are guaranteed that meeting!

Are we all watching woman's hockey now? :cool1: Cold medal game. I am switching between the woman's hockey and Canada vs Sweden in curling. I am not certain what is on the third channel. I love it we have 3 mainstream channels basically 24/7 Olympics. When it was CBC it was just 1 channel 24/7. With CTV having won the Olympic bid we get CTV and their subsidiaries . I have to say I am enjoying being not only the same city but the same time zone so I don't need to wake up at 3am to watch hockey games. :rotfl2:

Edit:

Wmn Hockey Standings -- Great job to all the girls!
Gold - Canada
Silver - USA
Bronze - Finland

Ok so who here had a dry eye when Rochette got bronze... don't lie! It certainly was not me!

And there we go....

Canada vs USA in the Gold Medal game -- this is the game all of Canada has been waiting for. Granted we thought we'd meet Russia in the final. The US team has played very well so it will be a tough game. I am looking forward to revenge ;) ;) ;)

Sunday noon Pacific. :banana::banana:

OK. Apollo got robbed. He touches, gets disqualified. Two others in the same race touch and don't? Not cool. Seriously way not cool.

He is a true sportsman though. Gave his opinion through a smile and moved on.

Bronze for the team. Good job. ::yes::

And did your heart go out to the German sisters? One wins the gold and the other falls. Heartbreaking sobs from the fallen sister. Bittersweet moment for the winner.

All of my Canadian friends, who we have summered with every year for 14 years, are out of their ever loving minds for hockey. I'm neutral at best, but we all will be watching the hockey game. Fun for me because of them, seems a bit more like life or death for them!!

Kathleen

This really is exciting!!!

One of my friends who is a hockey player is frothing at the mouth for a US win!

This is gonna' be some kind of Sunday! :goodvibes:goodvibes

All of my Canadian friends, who we have summered with every year for 14 years, are out of their ever loving minds for hockey. I'm neutral at best, but we all will be watching the hockey game. Fun for me because of them, seems a bit more like life or death for them!!

Kathleen

Seems?? There is no seems about it. It is life or death.

:laughing:

OK. Apollo got robbed. He touches, gets disqualified. Two others in the same race touch and don't? Not cool. Seriously way not cool.

He is a true sportsman though. Gave his opinion through a smile and moved on.

It's part of the game... a Canadian was disqualified earlier for a much shorter touch and no fall resulted from it. win some and loose some. It sucks that it was in the medal race but alas he accepted it so I've accepted it.

Yep. Deal and move on, eh? :teeth:

SO!!! After 62 years!!!! God for the American four man bobsled team! Good run men! :goodvibes

Canada has 13 GOLD! Nearly an all time high!

OK ladies and gents this is it... Men's hockey gold medal game. We aren't playing the opponent we thought we would but either way it's panned out to be a great game and both teams are guaranteed a medal. Good luck to both teams...

And now I jump into selfish mode:
GO CANADA GO! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

This has been a great game so far!
The Luongo / Kessler battle has been great.

Keep up the good work guys! 14 minutes until GOLD!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter