The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please leave this thread open. I enjoy seeing other dinner menus, because I admit that sometimes it seems as though I cook the same things ove and over.

I think that we are having leftovers this evening: pork chops and stuffed peppers. We have two local teams playing tonite, and I want to see the Hawks tipoff.

Another vote to keep this thread open! We're either having cider vinegar chicken (another Rachael Ray) or Sausage and Bean ragout (fancy name for Italian sausage and pasta)

Tonight I think I am going to make pressed paninis with some of the leftover roast chicken from the other day, sweet onions, arugula, mustard, and cheddar. And...I think I will serve them with tater tots! Don't tell anyone! :)

Tonight is a busy night, so it will be frozen pizza and a green salad. DS will have some veggie with his pizza, as well..

I won't be getting home until really late tonight and I'm not hungry. I'm just going to have a cappuccino from Seattle's Best Coffee. YUM! I know I'm so exciting.... :)

I'm working at home today. I took a bag of frozen meatballs and put them in the crockpot this morning with a bunch of sauce. DH and I will have meatball subs, the kids can pick between subs or spaghetti with meatballs! Easy, and wow does the house smell good.

ckmommy said:
We are having Bacon Avacado Quesdillas.

That sounds sooo good!! Do you use a quesadilla maker? I've been thinking about getting one because my girls LOVE those things! :sunny:

Going out tonight but last night I had Shrimp and Spinach with Orzo. I sautéed two cloves of garlic in olive oil, then added half of a 6oz. bag of spinach. Once that was wilted I added about a half pound of peeled shrimp. I cooked it until the shrimp were pink then squeezed a whole lemon into it and cooked for a few minutes more. Salt and peppered then served it on orzo pasta. Very good.

Morning :)

So what are you having tonight? We are having breakfast for dinner tonight. We're having my scrambled eggs made with cheddar cheese and Canadian bacon. With it I'm making cinnamon biscuits with honey. I like having breakfast at dinner every now and then.

What are you having??? :)

Good morning :sunny:

Well, I have to go to the grocery store today and I still don't know what to make for dinner...right now I'm thinking it will be chili dogs, fries and applesauce (very kid friendly, LOL) ;)

Tonight I think it's the cider vinegar chicken with salad--if I can find some honey

nucpharm29 said:
Tonight I think it's the cider vinegar chicken with salad--if I can find some honey

Would you mind sharing teh recipe. We eat so much chicken because DD will not eat red meat. I am always looking new ideas.

I don't know what I am fixing tonite. I am a little irritated with DH today. Last night he insinuated that I spend a little too much time on the computer :confused3 Where did he get that idea????? Anyway, he is only getting a hot supper if I find a recipe that I like ON THE COMPUTER!!!!! :goodvibes

Another Rachael Ray recipe
3tbsp EVOO
4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
coarse black pepper
2 med yellow onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
3 tbsp honey
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 cups chicken stock

Preheat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of EVOO. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides, 3 min per side. Remove and reserve the meat, covered with foil. Add another tbps of EVOO, the onions, thyme, honey, and the garlic. Season the onioins with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 7-8 min. YOu want the onions to get really brown and caramelized. Add 1/2 cup cider vinegar and the stock. Turn up the heat and bring the liquids to a simmer. Once at a simmer return the chicken to the skillet. Cook the chicken in the sauce for a bout 10 minutes, flipping the chicken over halfway through the cooking time. Server with potatoes and salad

Thanks for the recipe! Rachel Ray is a favorite recipe source of mine too. I'm not sure if this yummy looking dish is going to save DH from fried egg sandwiches on whole grain toast though. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter