The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Janice! I just heard on the news that you guys are in for some frigid temps. Try and stay warm my friend!:hug:

Hi everybody!

Just popping in quickly to tell those of you who are interested that Laura and Caili just called from Lake Placid. She came in first place in her individual program! :cool1: She has two more events to go.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Congrats Caili!!!!

I thought this casserole was okay, DH really liked it. It was easy, cheap, and low cal so I am not complaining.

Mexican Tortilla Casserole

Ingredients
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
14 oz. can no-fat refried beans
1/4 cup salsa
4 whole wheat tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Optional: 1/2 to 1 cup shredded carrot

Nutritional Info
Fat: 24.3g
Carbohydrates: 27.9g
Calories:447.7
Protein: 27.6g

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Fry ground beef until no longer pink.
Stir in can of refried beans and salsa.
Heat mixture through.
Spray round casserole dish with no-stick cooking spray.
Lay one tortilla in the bottom of the dish and spread approx. 1/4 of beef and bean mixture on top.
Sprinkle approx. 1/4 cup of cheese over that.
Continue to layer, then top all with remaining cheese.
Bake 15-20 minutes, or until hot and cheese on top is lightly browned.

Optional: For more nutritive value, add shredded carrot to beef and bean mixture. For lower fat, use reduced fat cheese, or reduce quantity of full-bodied cheddar.

Number of Servings: 6

I have a bus day today. The Smitten Kitten's are picking up The Ring today and we are meeting them at Barnes and Noble at 1:00 to see it. At 3, we are meeting my parents and grandmother at Red Lobster to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. So no cooking for me tonight.

WFD at your house?

Last night I made the Chicken Pot Pie Soup and it was great! I tried to look up to see who shared the recipe, but couldn't find it, so ... sorry! :guilty: But, I give a great big thanks to the person that did! :goodvibes

Twas me :angel: You are welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter