**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations about things we should be sure to do on our October trip that may not be available on our January trip?

Newsiemj said:
Well I can officially announce now that our October trip will be an adoption celebration for us and our kiddos! Woohoo! We are doing 2 character meals and the MHP. And for the first time staying on site!

Congratulations!

Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations about things we should be sure to do on our October trip that may not be available on our January trip?

lorijohnhill --

None of these things will be available in January (at least, not in their Halloween formats -- except for that Haunted Mansion Holiday should probably remain open through January 4th or 5th):

Seasonal Entertainment/Activities/Highlights -- Disneyland

Seasonal Entertainment/Activities/Highlights -- California Adventure

Also check out the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) display in Frontierland, and the assortment of pumpkins perched in various spots around Main Street (they call it the Pumpkin Festival).

Eat an assortment of seasonal meals and snacks.

It's possible that Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney could be having their Haunted House Building (Gingerbread) Workshop while you're there, but the dates for that are usually very limited and it's hard to catch it when it's happening. Reservations are needed, and I'm not sure when the dates for the Workshop will be announced. Details of what the Workshop entails can be found Here.

And, if you have an extra day or a few hours to spend away from Disneyland Resort, here are some other Halloween-ish things to do in Southern California:

Other Haunted Happenings and Spooky Sights to See in Southern California

One thing that I just added to the above list of Haunted Happenings is "Rise of the Jack O' Lanterns," which looks really awesome! Info Here.

:dancer::dancer:

So I asked this in a separate thread and I am still undecided so I will bring it into the October thread hoping to get some more opinions.

My fiance and I arrive late Sunday, Oct 12th. I have purchased 2 regular admission tickets and 2 MHP tickets for Tuesday the 14th.

I am undecided whether we should use the regular admission for Monday or Tuesday.. we would gain approximately 5 hours extra if we used it Monday (estimate based on last years park hours for Columbus day vs. Tuesday Halloween Party), but would have to deal with what would probably be weekend level crowds as it is Columbus day. We will be two days removed from our wedding and possibly still a bit worn out.

If we use it Tuesday we also get EE (staying at DLH) which will probably be 7 AM (as the park closes early that day for the party) which means it should be a lot less busy than if the EE was at 9..

If you were in my position what would you do?

Alright, after months of procrastinating I think I talked DH into a few days in October. I have to call our time share and see what days they might have open still but we are shooting for Oct. 5- 8/9 staying at Peacock Suites. We have not been since January 2013 so I'm super excited and we are even talking about getting APs this time!! We will most likely skip the Halloween party. More info to follow!!

It is time for me to commit. I will be going to Disneyland Oct 9th and 10th to see my son march with his schools marching band. I'm overly excited because this is a surprise short trip before my big trip in December. I have only been to DL 3 times (one as a kid and two trips as an adult) so to get the opportunity to go twice in one year is absolutely amazing! I love these boards and all the great tips I have gotten from them.

We now have a place to stay. We will be at the Anaheim Plaza Inn (just a cheap place to stay). I hope it's ok enough. :worried
I have park tickets, Mickeys Halloween party tickets, and airfare. Now all I need is transportation. We are looking at rentals because the price is close to a taxi or shuttle plus we can add a beach day on departure day. I'm too excited to sleep most nights :D!

So I asked this in a separate thread and I am still undecided so I will bring it into the October thread hoping to get some more opinions.

My fiance and I arrive late Sunday, Oct 12th. I have purchased 2 regular admission tickets and 2 MHP tickets for Tuesday the 14th.

I am undecided whether we should use the regular admission for Monday or Tuesday.. we would gain approximately 5 hours extra if we used it Monday (estimate based on last years park hours for Columbus day vs. Tuesday Halloween Party), but would have to deal with what would probably be weekend level crowds as it is Columbus day. We will be two days removed from our wedding and possibly still a bit worn out.

If we use it Tuesday we also get EE (staying at DLH) which will probably be 7 AM (as the park closes early that day for the party) which means it should be a lot less busy than if the EE was at 9..

If you were in my position what would you do?

Well…..taking into consideration, the points you've already outlined:

1. Leftover weekend crowds from Columbus Day on Monday
2. Possibly still tired/worn out from wedding on Monday
3. Extra Magic Hours available to you on Tuesday
4. Possible earlier EMH(which typically means less crowding) on Tuesday

Logically, my first instinct would be to choose Tuesday, but that's just me!

The only problem for me, would be that I would find it very difficult to wait out that whole Monday(doing other things besides the Parks), knowing that I could go to the Parks, but was having to stay away! ;)

On the other hand, taking that Monday, to really rest/decompress from the wedding, might help you to have an even better time, once you do get into the Parks!

Ultimately, only you will know what is best for you, but if you are already second guessing going into the Parks on Monday, I personally, would not dismiss those feelings!:thumbsup2

It's a tough choice---Good Luck in deciding!:)

Ha, thanks for the response.. I think my mind is made up I am just dragging my feet.

I was planning to take Monday as a spa/shopping day which I think would really help us relax and set the tone for the week.

Either way getting excited, and it is coming up quick..

You are welcome!:thumbsup2

I think I could easily stay away from the Parks, if the day were filled with a visit to the Spa, and lots of shopping!!!!;) Both of those ideas sound great!

Hello everyone! Sorry I just jumped here to the end of the thread, but does anyone know why I can't find a hotel (in walking distance) to DL starting Oct. 5-10? I know GayDays are Oct. 3-5 but is there something else going on as well?

Hello everyone! Sorry I just jumped here to the end of the thread, but does anyone know why I can't find a hotel (in walking distance) to DL starting Oct. 5-10? I know GayDays are Oct. 3-5 but is there something else going on as well?

I know in Northern NV that's our fall break week. Might have something to do with it, I know a lot of families going, including my own.

samserena --

Did you get a confirmation number at the time you purchased them (on the DLR site)? You should call Disney and make sure they have your ticket order/transaction in their system, to start with. And then you will have to go to the ticket booths when you get to DLR. Not only did a similar thing happen to Jamie (DisneyJamieCA), but also to at least a couple of other people I saw commenting about it on Facebook somewhere (a few weeks ago). Jamie's order/purchase was found in the Disney system, and she explained the rest of what she was told to do by Disney in this post, from the Halloween Time Superthread.

Thank you Sherry. I called and it went exactly as you said! and we're ready to roll for the 29th - now to think about costumes. :maleficen

Getting excited!

Air tickets - check
Hotel - check
5 day park hoppers -check
Micky Halloween Party - check
Transport LAX to DL - check

Soooo excited, it is coming so quickly.

I know in Northern NV that's our fall break week. Might have something to do with it, I know a lot of families going, including my own.

Their blog says they are using a new system (Crowd Calendar 4) or something like that, but the same thing happens with them quite a bit I'm learning. You can't plan in advance cause they keep changing their numbers right up to your travel dates. Anyway, seems that the earlier predictions of very low crowds might have been wrong.:badpc:

Their blog says they are using a new system (Crowd Calendar 4) or something like that, but the same thing happens with them quite a bit I'm learning. You can't plan in advance cause they keep changing their numbers right up to your travel dates. Anyway, seems that the earlier predictions of very low crowds might have been wrong.:badpc:

mgpan --

Have you ever seen/read this thread by HydroGuy - "Why I Am Skeptical of the Touring Plans Website DLR Crowd Calendar"?

Thank you Sherry. I called and it went exactly as you said! and we're ready to roll for the 29th - now to think about costumes. :maleficen

samserena --

You're very welcome!

That's great to hear that you got it worked out. It would be better if you didn't have to deal with the ticket booths at DLR to get your MHP ticket, but at least they had your purchase in the system and could pull it up and confirm that it was there!

I have no idea why so many people's tickets seemed to get lost in cyberspace this year. It makes me wonder if something was wrong with DLR's computers -- maybe their system incorrectly showed that the e-Tickets were emailed when they really were not.

MinnieMouseMom said:

There are three Halloween parties that week (6, 8, &10). Maybe that had st to do with it?

The two of us arriving September 25, leaving Oct 4 - staying at the Best Western Stovalls (first time there). Attending Mickey's Halloween Party Sept 30!

It is Columbus Day weekend and a 3 day weekend for most.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter