**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you do the WOC lunch package...so you need to line up early or is there a spot for people that have bought it? Just wondering if you did the lunch package..how early do you them need to get there for the show?

It's my understanding that there is a special priority viewing section that you get access to. Of course, there will be other people in that section who also purchased premium viewing through dining packages, so it is probably good to get there at least a little early. I've never actually done WOC, so I'm afraid I don't have much info beyond what I was told on the phone. One interesting tidbit: The time of your meal determines which show you get a pass for. Lunch reservations automatically get passes to the earlier show. Dinner reservations up to a certain time also get access to the earlier show. Dinner reservations that take place PAST a certain time get passes to the later show. :)

Thanks for the info. May just get a regular fastpass for it and come a little early.

Hi lovely DISers. So happy to see so many new October people planning away right along with me. It's a special kind of happy to know you are surrounded with other like minded Disney crazed planners lol :)

The thread has been updated up to this point so if you have provided your trip info it has been added to the appropriate check-in list. Please let me know if i made any mistakes or anything changes. I just had to smile taking alook at the whole list. So much Disney love!!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Sherry and the others for all their valuable info and "been there" guidance as well as to point a quick reminder in the direction of the Halloween Time Superthread that Sherry has put together. It is an incredible collection of all things Halloween related at Disney and although i have yet to post there i frequent regularly and am blown away by the info and support. :worship:

As for me, i have updated my Pre-trip report so if you feel the urge to read the rantings of me feel free to check it out Here :) Time is finally starting to pick up the pace, can't wait to step foot into the Happiest place on earth!!

Hugs & Mickey Ice Creams :)

Hi lovely DISers. So happy to see so many new October people planning away right along with me. It's a special kind of happy to know you are surrounded with other like minded Disney crazed planners lol :)

The thread has been updated up to this point so if you have provided your trip info it has been added to the appropriate check-in list. Please let me know if i made any mistakes or anything changes. I just had to smile taking alook at the whole list. So much Disney love!!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Sherry and the others for all their valuable info and "been there" guidance as well as to point a quick reminder in the direction of the Halloween Time Superthread that Sherry has put together. It is an incredible collection of all things Halloween related at Disney and although i have yet to post there i frequent regularly and am blown away by the info and support. :worship:

As for me, i have updated my Pre-trip report so if you feel the urge to read the rantings of me feel free to check it out Here :) Time is finally starting to pick up the pace, can't wait to step foot into the Happiest place on earth!!

Hugs & Mickey Ice Creams :)

it is so very exciting! only a little bit longer and those of us going at the end of october will get our hours!

p.s. our dates changed to 29th-30th (instead of 30th-31st) in case you wanted to update :)

:cloud9:

it is so very exciting! only a little bit longer and those of us going at the end of october will get our hours!

p.s. our dates changed to 29th-30th (instead of 30th-31st) in case you wanted to update :)

:cloud9:

changed it :)

i am anxiously awaiting the hours to see if i have to alter any of our plans.

Hi,
We changed our hotel arrangements. We are now going to be staying at the Castle Inn (Oct 17-21), instead of the Rodeway Inn.

We have received our tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party for October 20th!!!! I am so excited!

My daughter still has no clue that we are going to Disney for her birthday. My mom and I purchased the items today to make an Elsa dress for my daughter (also a surprise). I cannot wait to see her face!

Hi,
We changed our hotel arrangements. We are now going to be staying at the Castle Inn (Oct 17-21), instead of the Rodeway Inn.

We have received our tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party for October 20th!!!! I am so excited!

My daughter still has no clue that we are going to Disney for her birthday. My mom and I purchased the items today to make an Elsa dress for my daughter (also a surprise). I cannot wait to see her face!

your info has been updated and your MHP dated added to list. How exciting about your daughter. Dou you have a plan on how you are going to tell her???

oops sorry about that we are going to DisneyLand

getting quite excited. We have the ten day pass which was only due to this forum's information

thank you :)

your info has been updated and your MHP dated added to list. How exciting about your daughter. Dou you have a plan on how you are going to tell her???

We are going to tell her we are going on a field trip to see a Mission ( we are home schooling this year). She's 7, so we should be able to get away with telling her it's in Southern CA and not a specific town. Then we'll suggest stopping for dinner when we get to the Disneyland exit. We did that the last time we went to visit family in San Juan Capistrano, so she shouldn't get suspicious at that point. I think while we are eating we will give her a birthday card that "someone" sent and have her open it up. It will be a surprise letter from Minnie and Elsa ( her two favorites).

Hi DenaRox…..

Just wanted to shout out a huge "Thank You" to you, for starting and updating this thread, and creating a place for all of us October planners to check in and stay in touch!

Thanks for all your work and efforts!::yes::

Cheshirecatty said:
Hi DenaRox…..

Just wanted to shout out a huge "Thank You" to you, for starting and updating this thread, and creating a place for all of us October planners to check in and stay in touch!

I totally agree! I so appreciate Dena's hard work! And I love following along as all the other October people plan their trips! :)

The hours are out for our days in the park(s) (Oct 13th and 14th).. looks like with the MHP, park hopper and EMH both days we get a total of 31 potential hours parkside.

Now to plan the itinerary... hoping to run it by the vets to be torn apart and rebuilt faster, better and stronger.

To help add info to your lists: We are going to the Oct 20th Halloween Party and We have ard for Goofy's Kitchen on the 21st. We will probably do Sunday and Monday (19 & 20) in Disneyland and Tues and Weds in CA.

Thank you, Dena, for the kind words! I appreciate it. That thread is a labor of love, but I was never really able to do with it what I wanted to do with it when I had an old, horrible computer that wouldn't function properly.:badpc: Now that that soul-crushing beast is out of my life, I have been much more able to do some of what I wanted (lack of time is still an issue, though, but I do what I can).

In any case, for the first-time Mickey's Halloween Party attendees this year, I just put together a post/list of links to as many MHP reviews from 2013 that I could find, all of which were lurking in the former, older Superthread. That list of MHP review links can be found -- HERE.

You will find that I included quotes from many of the reviews/recaps, and from those you can gather that there were a lot of positive reviews...and also some not-so-positive reviews. Hopefully they will further help to gave everyone an idea of what to expect, directly from the people who attended the MHP last year -- both the veteran MHP-goers and first-timers!

Thank you, also, Dena, for keeping up with this Check-In list of October and MHP guests! It is greatly appreciated! I hope you have an amazing Disneyland Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party experience in October!:cool1::cool1:

So school has started today and now to formally start planning our next vaca -

We are staying DVC GC Oct 17 - 22
The 17th will be DD 8 birthday - we debated and debated if we should do the halloween party on this night and I just read somewhere that there si some utah convention on that weekend?? So anyone agree this would be a good date to miss?

We booked the MOnday the 20th party HOPING this will be less crowded ? this will be our 2nd DL halloween party - we have done WDW the last 3 years...

SO excited oh and DH and I celebrate 9 years on the 21 ...now to work on costumes that are ride friendly ;)

So school has started today and now to formally start planning our next vaca -

We are staying DVC GC Oct 17 - 22
The 17th will be DD 8 birthday - we debated and debated if we should do the halloween party on this night and I just read somewhere that there si some utah convention on that weekend?? So anyone agree this would be a good date to miss?

We booked the MOnday the 20th party HOPING this will be less crowded ? this will be our 2nd DL halloween party - we have done WDW the last 3 years...

SO excited oh and DH and I celebrate 9 years on the 21 ...now to work on costumes that are ride friendly ;)

JoRo --

UEA (commonly, informally referred to as Utah Escapes to Anaheim) is what's going on. Apparently lots of people flee Utah while the educators are in conferences and at an Expo all week, and they head to Disneyland Resort. See this post for noteworthy dates/events in October.

Check out the reviews of the MHP from Monday, 10/21 in 2013 (which would be the equivalent of the date you go this year). That list of MHP review links can be found -- HERE. At least one person referred to the MHP on that Monday night as "VERY crowded" but still lots of fun and worthwhile. Most people enjoyed it, crowds or no crowds.

Hi DenaRox…..

I totally agree! I so appreciate Dena's hard work! And I love following along as all the other October people plan their trips! :)

Thank you, also, Dena, for keeping up with this Check-In list of October and MHP guests! It is greatly appreciated! I hope you have an amazing Disneyland Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party experience in October!:cool1::cool1:

*Blush* Thanks, it really is my pleasure, keeps me busy and in the disney mood :)

To help add info to your lists: We are going to the Oct 20th Halloween Party and We have ard for Goofy's Kitchen on the 21st. We will probably do Sunday and Monday (19 & 20) in Disneyland and Tues and Weds in CA.

added :)

pixiedust: 49 days till we will be on the road! So Excited!
sooooo exciting!!!! It's almost Disney Time!!

The thread is updated to this point :)

I woke up this morning super excited! 27 days and counting until we leave and 25 days until the big reveal. I now have the best idea for the reveal - from a thread here.

Our only problem is going to be to see Elsa and Anna with the new FP system they are trying out. We have early morning Character breakfasts scheduled both mornings. We aren't rope drop type people anyway. By the time we get to DL, the FP will either be gone or the return time too late. Oh well, my DD saw them in January and she will have the opportunity to see them in May 2015. Can't do everything all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter