**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
Finally joining this thread. DP and I are taking our first trip to DLR Oct. 2-6. Oct is when we've done WDW the last 2 trips and we love it. We're staying at DLH. The plan is to stay in and enjoy the hotel during the day on the 3rd, but then head in for MHP at 4. I still need to get tickets to that. I was very excited when I made ADRs on Sunday. Just doing Blue Bayou and Goofy's, but I'm looking to the CS places people talk about too.

scrappymel said:
that's too bad! I am thinking about doing this tour as a bday gift to ME a little later in our trip. We are staying until the 20th, so maybe it will be on time opening back up. I'm sorry you are missing it!

I sure hope you get to do it and really enjoy it! :)

Hit the 60-Days-Until mark and the boyfriend doesn't want to make any reservations anywhere. :C Dating a penny pincher can be great but sometimes I want to splurge on dinner.

I'm guessing it's not possible to get a table without a reservation at these sort of places when we're down there, in case he changes his mind?

Hi everyone! We are heading over from Australia to DLR for Halloween Time and will be there from the 26th of Oct until the 31st of October. We are hitting two MHP's the first on the 27th (my birthday) and the 31st for Halloween! Otherwise we will have a 2 day park hopper and then doing a couple of other activities in the area while we are there. We will be staying at the Tropicana.

This is the 3rd trip to DLR for us but the first time for my brother and sister who are joining us. Needless to say, we are super excited!!:yay:

Hit the 60-Days-Until mark and the boyfriend doesn't want to make any reservations anywhere. :C Dating a penny pincher can be great but sometimes I want to splurge on dinner.

I'm guessing it's not possible to get a table without a reservation at these sort of places when we're down there, in case he changes his mind?

I think it depends on the place and the time. Some places would be booked (Blue Bayou comes to mind) but we were able to get a last minute reservation to Goofy's kitchen one trip. It was an off peak time like 2 pm or something but we got in. I'd take the reservation number with you and call as early in the day as you can and see what they have.

We just booked our hotel for Oct. 17 - 21 (at the Rodeway Inn Maingate) for a surprise birthday trip for my DD! I am currently on hold with Disney to try to upgrade my 5 day park hopper tickets (for our January trip) to annual passes. The CM doesn't seem to know how to do it, so we will see...

We just booked our hotel for Oct. 17 - 21 (at the Rodeway Inn Maingate) for a surprise birthday trip for my DD! I am currently on hold with Disney to try to upgrade my 5 day park hopper tickets (for our January trip) to annual passes. The CM doesn't seem to know how to do it, so we will see...

I would have just edited this, but I can't figure out how. LOL

I am now the happy owner of two premium annual passes! We will upgrade my husband's ticket later.

Oh, and I got tickets for MHP for myself, DD, and DM! The MHP is on DD's actual birthday. What a great birthday party!!

I am so excited!!! I can't wait to see the look on her face when she wakes up at Disneyland!!

I would have just edited this, but I can't figure out how. LOL

I am now the happy owner of two premium annual passes! We will upgrade my husband's ticket later.

Oh, and I got tickets for MHP for myself, DD, and DM! The MHP is on DD's actual birthday. What a great birthday party!!

I am so excited!!! I can't wait to see the look on her face when she wakes up at Disneyland!!

I merged your two posts, lorijohnhill!:)

You should see an Edit button in the lower right corner of your post. Just click on it and change whatever you need to change, and then save it.

Waiting to get plane tickets but likely there 10/26-10/28. Want to go to mhp on 10/27. Just need to make sure my plane tickets work out before I purchase party tickets. Still deciding where to stay. Going to be off property for sure. Our first time to DL since I was a kid. Sat 10/25 at DL and sun 10/28 at CA. Mhp 10/27. Gonna surprise dd4 :). We went to WDW last year at Xmas.

It has been such a long time since I have been on the DIS boards!!! I just booked our trip (first one that we are taking together!) for Oct 5- Oct 7 at Fairfield. So excited to be back at the land this fall :)

We are excited to take our second visit from 10/26 - 11/1 with a 5 day hopper and a sixth day at MHP on Halloween!! Cannot wait!

Well I can officially announce now that our October trip will be an adoption celebration for us and our kiddos! Woohoo! We are doing 2 character meals and the MHP. And for the first time staying on site!

Well I can officially announce now that our October trip will be an adoption celebration for us and our kiddos! Woohoo! We are doing 2 character meals and the MHP. And for the first time staying on site!
Congratulations, what a wonderful way to celebrate! We have 2 grown bio sons and 2 adopted daughters from China. Our youngest came home at almost 5 years and then had major spine surgery. When she finally got the all-clear after her surgery, we took her to Disneyland. She was almost 7 and watching her experience it all for the first time was just as magical for me as it was for her! :) Enjoy it all!

MHP 29th October booked!

But, I didn't receive a confirmation email or the email with the tickets - last year it was immediate! I got the confirmation page and a ticket confirmation number on the actual webpage.

Is this unusual? Should I make contact?

MHP 29th October booked!

But, I didn't receive a confirmation email or the email with the tickets - last year it was immediate! I got the confirmation page and a ticket confirmation number on the actual webpage.

Is this unusual? Should I make contact?

samserena --

Did you get a confirmation number at the time you purchased them (on the DLR site)? You should call Disney and make sure they have your ticket order/transaction in their system, to start with. And then you will have to go to the ticket booths when you get to DLR. Not only did a similar thing happen to Jamie (DisneyJamieCA), but also to at least a couple of other people I saw commenting about it on Facebook somewhere (a few weeks ago). Jamie's order/purchase was found in the Disney system, and she explained the rest of what she was told to do by Disney in this post, from the Halloween Time Superthread.

Hi everyone & welcome to all the new dis'ers
so great to see so much planning action going on.I have updated both the check-in list as well as the MHP list up to this point. Please let me know if you notice any errors.

so is Von's the best place to order from?
Not sure it is the BEST but it was the one i read the most about on here and didnt find negative reviews so figured i ill give them a try

Thanks, Dena, for keeping up with this! Is lime green the accepted Cali color code for Disers?
My pleasure!! in regards to the lime green, i would assume that it would be the same for DL as it is in WDW, i was planning to make a little something something in lime green to represent. :)

I am really excited that it is almost my 60 day msarkbut i have to hurry up and decide WHICH reservations i want to make hahaha nothing like leaving it to the last minute.

heading over to the halloween thread to get all caught up there...

It is time for me to commit. I will be going to Disneyland Oct 9th and 10th to see my son march with his schools marching band. I'm overly excited because this is a surprise short trip before my big trip in December. I have only been to DL 3 times (one as a kid and two trips as an adult) so to get the opportunity to go twice in one year is absolutely amazing! I love these boards and all the great tips I have gotten from them.

It is time for me to commit. I will be going to Disneyland Oct 9th and 10th to see my son march with his schools marching band. I'm overly excited because this is a surprise short trip before my big trip in December. I have only been to DL 3 times (one as a kid and two trips as an adult) so to get the opportunity to go twice in one year is absolutely amazing! I love these boards and all the great tips I have gotten from them.

congrats on your surprise mini trip. sounds like it will be the perfect time to really

get you in the mood for your big trip in Dec :)

I have added your dates so everything is updated to here :)

samserena --

Did you get a confirmation number at the time you purchased them (on the DLR site)? You should call Disney and make sure they have your ticket order/transaction in their system, to start with. And then you will have to go to the ticket booths when you get to DLR. Not only did a similar thing happen to Jamie (DisneyJamieCA), but also to at least a couple of other people I saw commenting about it on Facebook somewhere (a few weeks ago). Jamie's order/purchase was found in the Disney system, and she explained the rest of what she was told to do by Disney in this post, from the Halloween Time Superthread.

Thank you!!

Hard to call with the time zones but I will email now and call at the next available oppurtunity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter