The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for thew thread, k&a&c'smom! Hope your vacation is great! :cheer2:

intruder alert!​

I am popping over from the Poly thread and have a question for you guys.

The poly has just installed cabanas poolside. GF has had them for a while so maybe you guys can answer my question.

anyone that has rented a cabana or knows the answer please speak up!

do you guys tip the attendent for just being there? or do you tip when they bring food and drinks? if so what is the norm in each situation!:confused3 when do you tip? how much is acceptable?:confused3

intruder alert!​

The poly has just installed cabanas poolside. GF has had them for a while so maybe you guys can answer my question.

do you guys tip the attendent for just being there? or do you tip when they bring food and drinks? if so what is the norm in each situation!:confused3 when do you tip? how much is acceptable?:confused3

:rotfl:

We're really not intruding, as I see it, we're just coming over for a visit from next door and from across the lagoon:thumbsup2. These folks are very friendly over here and always warmly welcome DISers staying at all those other MK resorts (and even non-MK).

intruder alert!​

i reserved a cabana today and asked the reservationist... from that i felt that tipping if you get extra food just like room service delivery would be appropriate but the fee for the cabana itself and the amenities such as fruit/fridge were part of your reservation rate..... please someone else chime in if that seems wrong :) if anyone goes above and beyond in service i'd never see it as wrong to tip but just for the use and nothing too eventful :confused3: i'd lean to no.

i'd love to hear from someone who has done the cabana's before... was it worth it? pros/cons? and of course the tipping ? at hand.

intruder alert!​

We have rented cabanas at the CR and GF and have tipped when we ordered food/drinks (20%) or received services we felt were above and beyond. I can't really think of any cons, we enjoy always knowing we have a reserved space and ease of access to food/beverages. However, we also enjoy CL and enjoy being pampered during vacations while others would rather splurge on something else.

I simply cannot believe my week is over...here are a few pics

Our room, 6216, the one directly above the roof "peak"

Disney146.jpg
[/IMG]

The view from our balcony (the balcony was not "see thru" since it was above the roof

Disney5-6-11002.jpg
[/IMG]

The inside of our room
Disney5-6-11001.jpg
[/IMG]

The new espresso/latte machine - it looks upscale I guess! you insert a pod and press the button for latte or espresso, and then they have two little milk steamers that you can add frothy milk to your cup. Personally I liked the "old" machine better, but this one looks nicer.

Disney2011053.jpg
[/IMG]

coffee pods - neat! they even had decaf!
Disney2011059.jpg

*sigh* miss this view!
Disney012.jpg
[/IMG]

movies by the pool
Disney5-6-11036.jpg
[/IMG]

The delicious roasted chicken salad from Gasparilla's. With walnuts, raisins, and tossed in a light vinaigrette.

Disney2011052.jpg
[/IMG]

I know that room and view well-we stayed in that very same room last July!!! We loved it too:cloud9:

Hello fellow Grand Lovers!

I have a question for some of you experts. Last year we stayed in Sugar Loaf and loved, loved, loved it. This year (July) we're set for the Poly, but the crowded pool situation there makes me nervous. That and the fact that the Grand really is calling my name. My question is about the deluxe rooms vs. regular room size. For those of you that have stayed in an outer building deluxe room, would you take that over Sugar Loaf? We're going back and forth with Sugar Loaf or booking a deluxe room (not in the main building). Thoughts? We did enjoy turndown, the location of the Sugar Loaf building, and the ease of grabbing snacks from the lounge. Club level is hard to beat, but I'm thinking about that extra room too....

Hello fellow Grand Lovers!

I have a question for some of you experts. Last year we stayed in Sugar Loaf and loved, loved, loved it. This year (July) we're set for the Poly, but the crowded pool situation there makes me nervous. That and the fact that the Grand really is calling my name. My question is about the deluxe rooms vs. regular room size. For those of you that have stayed in an outer building deluxe room, would you take that over Sugar Loaf? We're going back and forth with Sugar Loaf or booking a deluxe room (not in the main building). Thoughts? We did enjoy turndown, the location of the Sugar Loaf building, and the ease of grabbing snacks from the lounge. Club level is hard to beat, but I'm thinking about that extra room too....

I'd go for the club level in Sugar Loaf if you really want to stay at the GF -- especially if you like spending a lot of time at the resort enjoying its amenities like the pool and all the club level goodies.

The deluxe room may be a bit bigger but are you going to spend much time actually IN the room? Maybe around the resort, right? but not necessarily the room? If you are planning on spending lots of time in the actual room than maybe the extra space is worth it.

We're really not intruding, as I see it, we're just coming over for a visit from next door and from across the lagoon:thumbsup2. These folks are very friendly over here and always warmly welcome DISers staying at all those other MK resorts (and even non-MK).
:hug: thank you very much for the welcome!

i reserved a cabana today and asked the reservationist... from that i felt that tipping if you get extra food just like room service delivery would be appropriate but the fee for the cabana itself and the amenities such as fruit/fridge were part of your reservation rate..... please someone else chime in if that seems wrong :) if anyone goes above and beyond in service i'd never see it as wrong to tip but just for the use and nothing too eventful :confused3: i'd lean to no.

i'd love to hear from someone who has done the cabana's before... was it worth it? pros/cons? and of course the tipping ? at hand.

We have rented cabanas at the CR and GF and have tipped when we ordered food/drinks (20%) or received services we felt were above and beyond. I can't really think of any cons, we enjoy always knowing we have a reserved space and ease of access to food/beverages. However, we also enjoy CL and enjoy being pampered during vacations while others would rather splurge on something else.

We are CL type as well!! I am really excited about the new cabanas at the poly! We reserved the regular cabana all day and the premium cabana from 7 till midnight. Don't know whether it will be worth it.. But I know that day will be very relaxing! Thank you guys for your advise and insight! I will now go back to the Poly thread.:worship:

About the cabana's at the GF. We rented one the other day. We did the whole day-rental, and it was just about $200 with tax. We got a huge fruit bowl, and a fridge stocked with soda's and water. And a cabana-boy! :lmao: We ordered lunch through private dining, which is an automatic 18% tip. We tried to tip our "cabana boy" when we left, but he said he wasn't allowed to take it!

The cabana was glorious. We were tired (traveling with a 1 year old is exhausting! LOL!). My oldest LOVES to just swim, so she loved having a pool day! Totally worth it!

:thumbsup2
2 days till were back at WDW.

:cheer2::cheer2:
About the cabana's at the GF. We rented one the other day. We did the whole day-rental, and it was just about $200 with tax. We got a huge fruit bowl, and a fridge stocked with soda's and water. And a cabana-boy! :lmao: We ordered lunch through private dining, which is an automatic 18% tip. We tried to tip our "cabana boy" when we left, but he said he wasn't allowed to take it!

The cabana was glorious. We were tired (traveling with a 1 year old is exhausting! LOL!). My oldest LOVES to just swim, so she loved having a pool day! Totally worth it!

That sounds wonderful:cloud9: What a great vacation!

Tomm. we will be at the GF. Its like a dream come true. Cant believe its almost here!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter