• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pas130 - we love both December and May at WDW, but DD's very favorite time in the World is Christmas! We have been able to enjoy the pool during December, but it is sometimes a bit too chilly.

Did you notice the suite descriptions that I added on the first page, post #2? CaliD was kind enough to give his permission for me to use his info.:goodvibes

pas130 - we love both December and May at WDW, but DD's very favorite time in the World is Christmas! We have been able to enjoy the pool during December, but it is sometimes a bit too chilly.

Did you notice the suite descriptions that I added on the first page, post #2? CaliD was kind enough to give his permission for me to use his info.:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 I'm trying to debate which to do..Be in the main building or a suite. It would be quieter being in the suite, which could be better for the kids. Now I'm thinking mid November-the XMas party will be going, but all the decorations won't be up. But it may be a little warmer:confused3 Sorry if I'm hijacking the new thread. Thanks for your help:hug:

Thx for updating the thread! :thumbsup2

We are headed back to Sugar Loaf in a few weeks for some water park hopping..:3dglasses

Does anyone know where I can find out what conventions are being held at GFlo or for that matter Contemp?

pas130 - you aren't hijacking! It's all part of the GF discussion. November is one of the few months we haven't been, but it seems the weather can be unpredictable throughout the traditionally "cold" months. We had beautiful, sunny weather with temps in the 80s in January a couple years ago, so you never know.

HFC1969 - Congrats on your upcoming GF stay!:goodvibes

I do not know of a website that has convention dates. I don't think the pages for the convention & business center list the upcoming groups, but here is the link: http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com...isney world convention center||S|b|7270869631

Maybe the Orlando Chamber of Commerce, or Orange County Convention Bureau has a listing?

tobin04 - won't be long now until you are seeing it all for yourself!:banana: So excited for you, I know you'll have a tough time sleeping tonight.;)

QUOTE]

Ha ha! I wish! I have a 16 month old who keeps me on my toes, so I'll be falling right to sleep when she does tonight! :lovestruc

Thanks for the wonderful info and pics. We have never stayed at GF CL before and you are making the wait VERY difficult! :goodvibes

I do need some advice.... We will be there Nov 12-19.
Has anyone split a stay between 2 resorts? Some of my family really want to try AKL and I guess I could give up a couple of nights from MY dream resort..GF.

Is it too much trouble or does it add some variety? No kids in our party of 6. Any opinions?:confused3

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the new thread.:goodvibes I'm going to try to get more photos uploaded to my Photobucket account, so I can add them to the first page. Bear with me, as I'm packing for our upcoming vacation.

tobin04 - :laughing:

spreadingpixiedust - Welcome!:cheer2: We have booked a split stay many times, and usually enjoy having two(or more) resorts in a trip. If you think ahead, it isn't that difficult. We usually pack a bag for the first resort, and repack the dirty clothes as we go. On moving day, we just pack the toiletries and head to the new resort.

If my DD has a friend along, they usually head out for rope drop, while I stay behind and get things ready. When I've checked into the new resort, I text them and we meet up for lunch or park touring, until the room is ready.

tnkrbl289 - Welcome!:yay:

k&a&c'smom has done a wonderful job with the **NEW** thread:thumbsup2

I hope your packing is going smoothly. I find packing daunting even with my hand dandy lists. Which reminds me that I have to do some packing tomorrow - ugh (short 24th anniversary trip).

Have a great trip:goodvibes

Pralines and Cheese, what great photos and what a wonderful surprise. :cool1: I would have had great difficulty leaving the suite to go to a park. :rotfl: Thanks for returning and sharing with all of us. :grouphug:

k&a&c'smom, love the new FAQ. :surfweb: Have a wonderful beach vacation and safe travels. :beach:

Tobin04, enjoy your GF trip. Can't wait to hear about it. :wizard:

Has anyone reported seeing the new logo merchandise? I remember in August 2010 a Cast Member working at Commander Porter’s said they were getting new logo items for their clothes during the fall of that year, however when I was back there in December 2010 they didn't have anything new. So is there an update anyone has or was the Cast Member wrong about that?

vettegirl - I somehow missed your post earlier - thanks!:goodvibes

CR Fan - you just missed the best source regarding GF merchandise - BCV23! Hopefully, she'll pop back in and see your question, or someone else will know. I don't buy much in the way of souvenirs, so I can't answer.

WDWKOOK - thanks, and congratulations! Good luck with your packing as well, enjoy your anniversary trip!:cloud9:

BCV23 - thanks!:hug: So glad to see you.

I'm with you, it would be tough to walk out of that suite and spend any time at all elsewhere.;)

:banana:
June 25...........June 25....,
Can't get here soon enough.

Keep posting - getting very excited!

Safe travels.

We are headed there Monday and staying at the GF for this first time (something I have wanted to do since 1996). I can't wait!

llaxton - Welcome!:goodvibes Your trip is right around the corner, you'll be walking through those lobby doors and smelling that fantastic freshener before you know it.:dance3:

Lyons Family - it won't be long now!:cool1::cool1:

Yey new post! The other was getting too long for me to read it all. 4 months and 6 days until we arrive at the GF. I can't wait! It's my first time staying there. :banana::banana:

Thank you for the new thread!
We're staying in the Epcot Resort loop this time, and after 2 yrs. on the monorail (GF, then BLT), I hope I won't get homesick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter