The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just got home from one fabulous week at the GF!!!!

Some rain everyday............
But, once again had the time of our lives.

We were in room 8233.
nice view.

Update after I start the wash

Later

Welcome back!! Glad to hear 8233 had a nice view, I've stayed in 8231 and that big tree was in the way. Hope to hear more about your stay!

Okay, here's my test to see if I figured out how to post a photo. If the photo show's up it is the view from Room 6126 on the first floor of Sugar Loaf. Taken from the patio, looking slightly to the left, it's a clear view on the Contemporary!
jun_2011_261.jpg

Yes, there is a way to adjust size when you upload to photobucket. I've forgotten exactly where it is, give me a minute to go look at my account and I'll be back! (someone else may know already, hope they jump in)

OK - one way is to choose the photo in your photobucket account, then move your cursor over the top of the photo. A tool bar will open up with "file" - "edit" - "resize," etc. listed. Choose "resize" and then click on the one you want. I can't remember the largest allowed here, I'll have to go look that up, too.:laughing:

ETA: Dan Murphy says 640 x 480 seems to work the best for photos in posts.

068.jpg

On this July 4th that's supposed to be hazy,hot and humid where I am, here's a photo of a very cold morning at the GF. This was taken from my balcony in Sugar Loaf.

Jungle Cruiser - Nice photo! I think you can go a little larger if you like, I was just in my albums, and I think I have my photos set to 800 x 600. It's kind of tough to tell, but I know when I scroll to the tool bar, it says 77% - for whatever that's worth, lol.

Have fun, loved your photo.:thumbsup2

janeapplemeadow - Beautiful shot of the marina and fog. I'd love to be there right now!:lovestruc

Cali-D - Sorry about your tags, how frustrating!:headache: I feel your pain, we accidentally deleted a Disney wallpaper when my DH formatted my computer a while back, and can't find it anywhere.

Last year, I was so worried that we wouldn't make the trip because of my Mom being ill. Well, we made it. Sadly, my Mom passed away in December. When we booked this trip, I said to DH that we wouldn't have to worry this year about not being able to go because of my Mom. DH said that he still had his parents (thankfully) and should get the travel insurance. Don't you think we got a call last night that DH's dad is ill and going to be admitted to the hospital.

Once again, our trip is up in the air. Please say some prayers for my father-in-law. Thanks!

Gina

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL!:hug: I hope he does well, his illness isn't too serious, and you and your family are able to leave for your trip with no worries. Big hugs to you, what a year you've had.:hug:

First of all Happy fourth of July to all!!!!

We arrived in Orlando last Saturday at 9:30 am. Leisurely walked to the Magical express.....since we checked in on line we entered the line to the buses and had about a 10 min wait.

The bus we rode took us and the guest to the Poly first, then the GF.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a worker and lead to the registration desk.
At 10:30 there was no one there, and since we did on line registration we were quickly given our keys to the world. We had requested a first floor room, but, the girl goes we have one on the sexcond floor that is ready...........we said we would take it....so off to 8233.

The room had a nice view............there was a tree to the right of the balcony that did not obstruct the castle view, or the fireworks. The only thing it did interfer with was the electric light music at night..........you know the music on the water.

It was a quiet room, never heard our neighbors.

Daily newspaper.
twice daily maid service, turn down in evening.
I love there shampoo and rinse....their soap is the nicest smelling.

Pool was not crowded. Both were very clean...abundant towels. Main pool had ducks, pool with slide, no ducks.

Took the boats back from Magic Kingdom.

A lot of weddings going on...............got to see some beautiful wedding dresses.

Later.

Happy 4th to all as well. When thinking of what photo to post today I really didn't have anything so 4th of July feeling. So how about something opposite of being independent/Independence? Marriage.

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

Lyons Family - thanks for the review! Glad you had such a great room, and the tree didn't block your view of the castle.:goodvibes Don't you love seeing all the happy brides in their beautiful dresses?!:cloud9:

KC Mike - LOL about opposite of Independence! Cute. Love the photo, I don't have any of Cinderella's Coach, very nice.:thumbsup2

Lyons Family - thanks for the review! Glad you had such a great room, and the tree didn't block your view of the castle.:goodvibes Don't you love seeing all the happy brides in their beautiful dresses?!:cloud9:

KC Mike - LOL about opposite of Independence! Cute. Love the photo, I don't have any of Cinderella's Coach, very nice.:thumbsup2

We caught them on our last day waiting for Magical Express.

Whitecaps from the wind around the dock.
jun2011377.jpg

Palm trees swaying in the high winds.
jun2011378.jpg

Rainbow over the Contemporary after the storm.
jun2011375.jpg

Congratulations! :cheer2: I am working on our first visit to GF for 2012! Soon our "one day" will be here too if all goes as planned! ISN'T IT EXCITING! :cloud9::flower3:

SOOOO exciting! I have been to Disney many times but staying at the Grand is an experience all it's own! :yay: When in 2012 are you planning on going?

janeapplemeadow - Another wow! Those shots are great. Still having GF withdrawals. We are 15 days away.

Last year, I was so worried that we wouldn't make the trip because of my Mom being ill. Well, we made it. Sadly, my Mom passed away in December. When we booked this trip, I said to DH that we wouldn't have to worry this year about not being able to go because of my Mom. DH said that he still had his parents (thankfully) and should get the travel insurance. Don't you think we got a call last night that DH's dad is ill and going to be admitted to the hospital.

Once again, our trip is up in the air. Please say some prayers for my father-in-law. Thanks!

Gina

I am praying for a happy outcome for your FIL. With a little magic, pixiedust:Pixeydust, & lots of Prayers all will be well.

Jungle Cruiser - Love your photos of the storm!:goodvibes

catyanna - You are going to love the GF.:lovestruc

BTW - I just noticed you live in FL, you lucky girl. Moving there has been my dream since the early nineties.

Nine more days untill we are at the Grand!! I can't wait. I don't know how I will get through this last week of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter