The Genius Things to Pack

I will pack real maple syrup for my kids to eat on waffles/pancakes (they hate the maple flavored syrup) and I'll take some Tajin for my husband. He loves that stuff on fresh fruit...

Oh, and I pack a $2 toothbrush holder for the bathroom. I HATE toothbrushes all over the counter when we travel.

Last edited:
I always bring a couple of plastic grocery bags for dirty underwear and socks. Cheaper than buying space saver bags, and they do the job of keeping them separate from the rest of the clothes nicely.

We also invested in high capacity power banks - we usually wind up flying for half a day to get from home to Orlando or back again - and those are quite handy for when you have unexpected delays in travel.

In the past anything you book such as excursion or meet and greets or tastings you booked in advance would have a ticket in your cabin on embarkation. Excursion ones will likely never go away since that is how the vendor and DCL reconcile the participants. But apparently those for on-board things are disappearing and you need to remember when they are.
Thank you!

They used to print tickets telling you where and when your signed up tasting was.

They don’t print off tickets anymore but Palo and the spa will leave you reminders on the fish outside your room. The fish is also where people who do the fish ender thing hang there bag and hangers. It’s at eye level when you stand at your door to your left. I think it maybe a starfish on one side of the ship...fish on the other.
So there is a hook outside your door that is shaped like either a fish or starfish, that people use to leave items outside your room? Or, the steward might leave the next day's schedule? That is pretty handy if it is actually what I am picturing! Thanks!

So there is a hook outside your door that is shaped like either a fish or starfish, that people use to leave items outside your room? Or, the steward might leave the next day's schedule? That is pretty handy if it is actually what I am picturing! Thanks!

Yes and no. There is a fish or starfish outside of your door that is used sometimes to leave things for you by the cruise ship staff. I seem to recall that our Palo 'invite' was left there. The next day's Navigators are left in the room itself, I believe.

But people who do the whole fish extender thing, will hang some sort of item holder over the fish ('extending' the fish) into which FE gifts can be left.

On our most recent cruise all our booked events (including Palo, DW's manicure & a Mixology) were on our app-based navigator. We use the app extensively, so that was nice

Yes and no. There is a fish or starfish outside of your door that is used sometimes to leave things for you by the cruise ship staff. I seem to recall that our Palo 'invite' was left there. The next day's Navigators are left in the room itself, I believe.

But people who do the whole fish extender thing, will hang some sort of item holder over the fish ('extending' the fish) into which FE gifts can be left.
Does anyone have a picture of one of these? You know how they say a picture is worth a 1000 words? Thanks!

Fish Extenders-
FE01.jpg

I also pack tea bags, Starbucks Via, and some of those water flavoring drops. My kids drink Lady Jane Grey almost every morning. I like a cup of cinnamon tea, and I pack ginger tea for upset bellies (which we almost always have on vacation because of the extra indulgences). I'm not worried about getting green tea bags on ship, which is another favorite. My husband is picky about coffee, so I figured a few Starbucks Vias will make him happy, if he doesn't like the coffee on ship. I'm sure he will treat himself to a coffee at some point, but I'd rather not do that every day. We also like those water flavoring drops, so I'm sure we will take a regular one and an electrolyte enhanced one (my husband is keen on hydration when it is hot out).

I'll also pack a few snacks- individual bags of goldfish, larabars, non-chocolate granola/snack bars. I read the reviews on the excursion we are planning for Nassau, and after being gone for 3 hours on a catamaran (with 1 hour of snorkel time), my kids will be hungry on the ride back and snacks aren't provided. I'll also throw in a few bottles of water/gatorade.

Last edited:
We also invested in high capacity power banks - we usually wind up flying for half a day to get from home to Orlando or back again - and those are quite handy for when you have unexpected delays in travel.

We fly into Orlando from California, so our travel days are long too. This is a great idea, so we can all watch movies or play games on our long flights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter