The Genius Things to Pack

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ChicosWife, Feb 11, 2019.

1. anricat

anricat DIS Veteran

A few weeks ago was my first time to use this new reusable/collapsable one and it was so much better than the Starbucks drinks carrier I was taking. First, I liked the carry handle much more - it felt more stable and I could carry 6 drinks (vs. 4). Plus like you mentioned reusable AND packs flat.

They come in a two pack and I didn't need two so I went in on it with someone in my cruise meet group. I brought both with me and they just gave me $10 cash on the first day for the second one.

mouselike-harrier likes this.
  2. bbel

bbel DIS Veteran

I always pack dryer sheets. A few in the suitcase and a couple in each drawer keeps everything smelling fresh. And they're so cheap, you can toss them at the end if you don't want to take them home.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. tundra1

tundra1 Earning My Ears

What are tasting tickets? Sorry, I am new to Disney cruising, and it is like learning a whole new language and set of acronyms! LOL!:flower1:

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Yes.

And I carry on my essentials. For me that means swimsuits and coverups, my evening clothes and one or two pairs of shoes that go with the dresses, sunscreen, toiletries, and ID/money stuff. Oh and kindle phone and charging stuff.

Basically I carry on the things that make a cruise a cruise for me. Everything else goes in normal luggage.

6. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

In the past anything you book such as excursion or meet and greets or tastings you booked in advance would have a ticket in your cabin on embarkation. Excursion ones will likely never go away since that is how the vendor and DCL reconcile the participants. But apparently those for on-board things are disappearing and you need to remember when they are.

7. scgustafson

scgustafson DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum

The tip was referring to room service tips, which are not part of the standard gratuities automatically charged to your onboard account (those cover your cabin host[ess], dining team server, dining team assistant server, and dining team head server). While most room service items are complimentary, it is still standard practice to tip the server bringing them - most people do $1 per item, with a minimum of $5. Realize that some room service items come with a charge (noted on the room service menu), and those items come with an automatic 15% gratuity added to them.

8. Davistigers

Davistigers Mouseketeer

Air freshener. With our family of four in a stateroom over the past 5 cruises, this has been the most used item.

mouselike-harrier and JARNJ3 like this.
  9. FigmentSpark

FigmentSpark DIS Veteran

We bring the electric tealight candles so we can put them in the bathroom overnight. That way, since the light switch is outside the bathroom, you don't have to turn the big light on and wake the other person in the bed when you want to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

I also bring a little wedding favor pouch (dollar store) and put a tea light in it, then hang it on a metal hook on the roof for my DH who likes a little bit of light at night. I hang one on the handle of the bathroom door, too, so it's not pitch black for anyone taking that middle of the night trip.

10. Cruising Engineer

Cruising Engineer DIS Veteran

I discovered WashEZE years ago. Found them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/WashEZE-3-La...words=washeze+3-in-1+laundry+detergent+sheets
    It's a sheet that contains detergent, softener, anti-static. Follows the load of laundry from washer to dryer. No liquids or powders to spill or deal with. If you need to do a quick sink wash, just tear off a portion of the sheet. Does a great job. Been using these for all 7 cruises.

11. NAB

NAB <font color=green>That first page just got too hea

They used to print tickets telling you where and when your signed up tasting was.

They don’t print off tickets anymore but Palo and the spa will leave you reminders on the fish outside your room. The fish is also where people who do the fish ender thing hang there bag and hangers. It’s at eye level when you stand at your door to your left. I think it maybe a starfish on one side of the ship...fish on the other.

12. ChicosWife

ChicosWife The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!

All great ideas! *Writing these down now* :bitelip:

13. serenitynow

serenitynow DIS Veteran

I always pack a cheap plastic sink stopper that covers the drain for the bathroom sink so we can hand wash our swimsuits.

Cruising Engineer and ChicosWife like this.
  14. anricat

anricat DIS Veteran

That bathroom light is the worst. We have a battery operated night light that is magnetic on the back. We just magnet it on the back of the door and switch it on.

15. LizGirl

LizGirl Obsessed with WDW

I've never seen this shower caddy - it looks helpful! Thanks for sharing!

ChicosWife and anricat like this.
  16. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

So even when just ordering say a cookie, you tip at least $5? We may have to skip room service.

17. Shellyred8

Shellyred8 I'd rather be at Disney

Binder clips to keep the window curtains closed tighter when you are trying to sleep when there is light outside.

Small flashlight to use in the middle of the night when you have to go to the bathroom or move about in the room in the dark while others are sleeping.

ChicosWife and cann1214 like this.
  18. dad of 3 addicted to DCL

dad of 3 addicted to DCL Waiting for July

For a party of 5, PooPouri is essential. The bathrooms don't have fans

19. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

You can tip as much or as little as you like. I typically do the $1/item, but I don't have a minimum. Or I didn't before I had to stop room service as I am gluten-free and room service is not recommended for people with food allergies.

scgustafson, CyndiLouWho and NAB like this.
  20. anricat

anricat DIS Veteran

We tip a dollar an item.

kkayluvsdis and CyndiLouWho like this.
  21. scgustafson

scgustafson DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum

I am not sure that I would order room service for just a single cookie, but in that case, sure just a $1. If you are going to order, you might as well get enough cookies for everyone and milk to go with them. Most of our orders include an all-hands on deck cheese plate, along with either chicken wings and/or fries, so that is a pretty heavy tray worth $5, even though it is only 2-3 items.

CyndiLouWho and ChicosWife like this.