The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have any update about October at V&A? Tried to book today for Oct 3-Oct 10 right at 6am for my 180+10 reservation window and nothing was available. I just left a message on the V&A reservation line. :(

Did you try to book online or call Disney Dining? I called Disney Dining and my call was put through to V&A directly. The lady from V&A who answered explained the October booking situation with the forthcoming announcement (coming later in April), then took my name and phone. She was going to call me after the formal Oct announcement was made, and book me at that time after explaining the new October menu and pricing. (see my post above)

I am still wondering if anyone has a newer Queen Victoria Room menu. My DD10 and I will be going in less than two weeks and I would love to read the menu over and over and over again in anticipation! We are soooo excited to enjoy this experience!

Did you try to book online or call Disney Dining? I called Disney Dining and my call was put through to V&A directly. The lady from V&A who answered explained the October booking situation with the forthcoming announcement (coming later in April), then took my name and phone. She was going to call me after the formal Oct announcement was made, and book me at that time after explaining the new October menu and pricing. (see my post above)

Computer and V&A directly - I left a message with V&A - didn't get an actual person.

I always read that the Chef's Table offered a larger menu (13-14) compared to (10) of the QVR and a pricier wine pairing.
I called the other day, the wine pairing is the same except for two types of wine, same price. The course count is the same as well, with 2-3 different courses than each other. Was it always this way?

I always read that the Chef's Table offered a larger menu (13-14) compared to (10) of the QVR and a pricier wine pairing.
I called the other day, the wine pairing is the same except for two types of wine, same price. The course count is the same as well, with 2-3 different courses than each other. Was it always this way?

It's the same as the QVR .... only difference is that you really can (and do) talk to the chef .... If you ask for something special, they can do it (within reason).

It's also quit fun to talk to the chefs ..... they are people and will talk back! :)

I am still wondering if anyone has a newer Queen Victoria Room menu. My DD10 and I will be going in less than two weeks and I would love to read the menu over and over and over again in anticipation! We are soooo excited to enjoy this experience!

I wonder if you call the restaurant directly, if they will email you a copy of a recent menu? I believe you can go to their website directly and view an example of each menu, but I'm not sure how up-to-date they keep them. Some of the website appears to be a bit out of date - however, if you've not visited their site, I recommend that you do so. It's a GREAT way to build your excitement, learn about the staff and the chefs, and view the different dining options. I always get a little excited when I visit their official website. http://www.victoria-alberts.com Enjoy your dinner! The last time we ate there, it was in the QV Room. We even got to prepare our own croutons with the different types of salts and oils, which was so much fun. (geeky me) Chef Scott Hunnel came out to say hello to us, which was completely unexpected. I have to say that I was a little star struck, and I don't think of myself as someone who is impressed by "celebrity" very easily - but HELLOOOOOOO???? That talent!!

I wonder if you call the restaurant directly, if they will email you a copy of a recent menu? I believe you can go to their website directly and view an example of each menu, but I'm not sure how up-to-date they keep them. Some of the website appears to be a bit out of date - however, if you've not visited their site, I recommend that you do so. It's a GREAT way to build your excitement, learn about the staff and the chefs, and view the different dining options. I always get a little excited when I visit their official website. http://www.victoria-alberts.com Enjoy your dinner! The last time we ate there, it was in the QV Room. We even got to prepare our own croutons with the different types of salts and oils, which was so much fun. (geeky me) Chef Scott Hunnel came out to say hello to us, which was completely unexpected. I have to say that I was a little star struck, and I don't think of myself as someone who is impressed by "celebrity" very easily - but HELLOOOOOOO???? That talent!!

There are not many celebs I would drool over, but I think Chef Scott would definitely be one of them! LOL!
Unfortunately their website isn't up to date either. The menu appears to be more of a fall/winter season.
I have not tried calling the restaurant directly, part of me is scared of coming across as to eager (even though I completely am!)
The crouton prep sounds like fun! Some bread, salt, oil, flame, along with the wine pairings...definitely a recipe for amazing entertainment :)

I understand they contact you before your reservation regarding allergies/preferences. How specific were you in your answer? We don't have allergies but there are a few things that we somply don't like (about 2 or 3 foods). I was also wondering if I should give ideas on foods that we absolutely love just in case they want to do something different with them. I don't want to be so specific that the kitchen can't do its thing though. What did you do?

Thanks!

It's the same as the QVR .... only difference is that you really can (and do) talk to the chef .... If you ask for something special, they can do it (within reason).

It's also quit fun to talk to the chefs ..... they are people and will talk back! :)

Oh okay, cool! I'm trying to decide between the two lol, I was weighing out all the incentives of each vs the other. Older reviews kept citing more courses and several more hours than the QVR, which was kinda putting us off.
The QVR will make similar adjustments I've been told, for instance a diner who doesn't like seafood, etc.

Will both rooms handle menu preferences the same as CT? For instance if one of the couple doesn't like fish, etc. I've read a lot of reviews about the chef's adjusting the courses slightly for food preference (like red meat or no seadfood, etc.)

Even the main dining room does. My husband and I ate there with our teenaged daughter to celebrate our anniversary on our recent trip. They called me about a week or 2 before the trip and asked me for spellings of names, what we were celebrating, etc. as well as any dietary restrictions or things we did not care for... my daughter does not eat shellfish and her menu was customized to reflect this. It was the best meal I have ever had. Pricey to be sure, but worth every penny. We did the wine pairings (worth it), the caviar course (worth it) and the Australian Kobe upgrade (would not do again - it was fantastic, but so was the other option). Our meal here was an experience I would not trade away. I hope to eat there again!

Even the main dining room does. My husband and I ate there with our teenaged daughter to celebrate our anniversary on our recent trip. They called me about a week or 2 before the trip and asked me for spellings of names, what we were celebrating, etc. as well as any dietary restrictions or things we did not care for... my daughter does not eat shellfish and her menu was customized to reflect this. It was the best meal I have ever had. Pricey to be sure, but worth every penny. We did the wine pairings (worth it), the caviar course (worth it) and the Australian Kobe upgrade (would not do again - it was fantastic, but so was the other option). Our meal here was an experience I would not trade away. I hope to eat there again!

Awesome!
I'm excited after all the reviews.
We had just dined two weeks ago at Eleven Madison Park in NYC and that has set the bar for me. It was a last minute invite, my sister is a big wine importer in Manhattan and two clients dropped out of their meeting. Grabbed a suit, hopped on the train lol.

There are not many celebs I would drool over, but I think Chef Scott would definitely be one of them! LOL!
Unfortunately their website isn't up to date either. The menu appears to be more of a fall/winter season.
I have not tried calling the restaurant directly, part of me is scared of coming across as to eager (even though I completely am!)
The crouton prep sounds like fun! Some bread, salt, oil, flame, along with the wine pairings...definitely a recipe for amazing entertainment :)

I understand they contact you before your reservation regarding allergies/preferences. How specific were you in your answer? We don't have allergies but there are a few things that we somply don't like (about 2 or 3 foods). I was also wondering if I should give ideas on foods that we absolutely love just in case they want to do something different with them. I don't want to be so specific that the kitchen can't do its thing though. What did you do?

Thanks!

That "recipe for amazing entertainment" comment just cracked me up. Super!

I think for the QV Room, I only told them that my husband doesn't enjoy mushrooms. Neither one of us has food allergies. Since then, the hubby has lightened up a little about fungi (he's eaten some really delicious dishes with mushrooms on our last Disney Cruise Line trip, for instance) - and he says that he's not planning to request any changes to the menu. I don't remember how far in advance they called us, but I DO remember getting a call the day before our reservation, while we were already at WDW, to remind us of our arrival time, and possibly to also remind us of the dress code. That was a couple of years ago, though, so my memory's a little hazy.

This time, I don't think we'll express any dislikes. There are so many courses that 1) we won't go hungry regardless and 2) we're just a little more open to new experiences. Since we're at the Chef's Table this time, I think it will be easier to maybe get a little substitute if there's something that really doesn't sit well with us. I would like to request "no sweetbreads" - because I don't like the taste of most organ meats, but if that comes up, I'll just skip it. I've never tasted anything remotely unappetizing while at V&A, and I'm so excited to be eating there - I just don't think Chef Scott will steer me wrong. Especially since he has now has an intimate relationship with me after our last non-verbal chat in the QV room when I was struck dumb by his awesomeness. I'm sure the drool was memorable, and the stammering was adorable. I thought about telling them that my favorite treat in the world is MOREL mushrooms, and I have a huge fondness for cheese, but I think I'll just let them surprise me, unless they really press me for an answer, that is... LOL! I am really hoping for the lobster and caviar jar that everyone keeps posting for the amuse bouche. Looks amazing!

We are getting wine pairings, so I hope I'm sober enough to remember to ask about coffee. The vacuum pot is so much fun to watch!

That "recipe for amazing entertainment" comment just cracked me up. Super!

I think for the QV Room, I only told them that my husband doesn't enjoy mushrooms. Neither one of us has food allergies. Since then, the hubby has lightened up a little about fungi (he's eaten some really delicious dishes with mushrooms on our last Disney Cruise Line trip, for instance) - and he says that he's not planning to request any changes to the menu. I don't remember how far in advance they called us, but I DO remember getting a call the day before our reservation, while we were already at WDW, to remind us of our arrival time, and possibly to also remind us of the dress code. That was a couple of years ago, though, so my memory's a little hazy.

This time, I don't think we'll express any dislikes. There are so many courses that 1) we won't go hungry regardless and 2) we're just a little more open to new experiences. Since we're at the Chef's Table this time, I think it will be easier to maybe get a little substitute if there's something that really doesn't sit well with us. I would like to request "no sweetbreads" - because I don't like the taste of most organ meats, but if that comes up, I'll just skip it. I've never tasted anything remotely unappetizing while at V&A, and I'm so excited to be eating there - I just don't think Chef Scott will steer me wrong. Especially since he has now has an intimate relationship with me after our last non-verbal chat in the QV room when I was struck dumb by his awesomeness. I'm sure the drool was memorable, and the stammering was adorable. I thought about telling them that my favorite treat in the world is MOREL mushrooms, and I have a huge fondness for cheese, but I think I'll just let them surprise me, unless they really press me for an answer, that is... LOL! I am really hoping for the lobster and caviar jar that everyone keeps posting for the amuse bouche. Looks amazing!

We are getting wine pairings, so I hope I'm sober enough to remember to ask about coffee. The vacuum pot is so much fun to watch!

Oh my land! I was just enjoying a glass of wine in preparation of the wine pairings (Disney's allll about the prep you know!) and I just choke/laughed reading your comment! I am very sure you have a special place in Chef Scott's heart, I mean, how could he forget your intimate moments together! :love: I'm SURE he went back to the kitchen and commented on how sweet you were. Maybe that's the reason hubby has lightened up on his disfavour of the fungi - he now has culinary competition!

My daughter and I both strongly dislike pepper. We're fine if it is incorporated into a sauce but not the main or distinctive flavour. And we really don't like it as a finishing pepper grind. I know, we're the odd ones out, but it is what it is. The only other thing for a dislike is my daughter HATES yams/sweet potatoes. She's good with everything else (her favourite vegetables are brussel sprouts and corn!), but the sweet potatoes were a no-go even as a baby.

It's funny you mention sweetbreads because I was going to see if there was a way to incorporate them into one of my dishes. I've never had them before and figured this would be the perfect place to try them. I'm a former farm girl so I'm good with all types of meat.

Coffee pot is a definite! I'm hoping they will do it with tea, but if not I will gladly sacrifice myself for that experience (maybe Chef Scott will remember me too after such a difficult sacrifice? It's stiff competition but a girl can dream:lovestruc

Oh my land! I was just enjoying a glass of wine in preparation of the wine pairings (Disney's allll about the prep you know!) and I just choke/laughed reading your comment! I am very sure you have a special place in Chef Scott's heart, I mean, how could he forget your intimate moments together! :love: I'm SURE he went back to the kitchen and commented on how sweet you were. Maybe that's the reason hubby has lightened up on his disfavour of the fungi - he now has culinary competition!

My daughter and I both strongly dislike pepper. We're fine if it is incorporated into a sauce but not the main or distinctive flavour. And we really don't like it as a finishing pepper grind. I know, we're the odd ones out, but it is what it is. The only other thing for a dislike is my daughter HATES yams/sweet potatoes. She's good with everything else (her favourite vegetables are brussel sprouts and corn!), but the sweet potatoes were a no-go even as a baby.

It's funny you mention sweetbreads because I was going to see if there was a way to incorporate them into one of my dishes. I've never had them before and figured this would be the perfect place to try them. I'm a former farm girl so I'm good with all types of meat.

Coffee pot is a definite! I'm hoping they will do it with tea, but if not I will gladly sacrifice myself for that experience (maybe Chef Scott will remember me too after such a difficult sacrifice? It's stiff competition but a girl can dream:lovestruc

I think you are my lost best friend. Wish I was with you, choking and drinking wine, instead of sitting in my office trying hard to muster some enthusiasm to get some work done. I'm a lost cause when vacation is soooooo close!

Enough talk of work, and back to the happier topic at hand. Ha Ha! I don't remember ANYTHING being very peppered in the food there. Just perfectly seasoned. Nor do I remember sweet potatoes. I think the more recent reviews within the past year are indicative of many of the items you'll be served. Sweet potatoes may be a little too "common" for Hunnel cuisine, and I also think they wouldn't be considered "seasonal" unless it was fall. Think micro-greens and those trendy little multi-colored potatoes, if you see potatoes of any kind.

I want to hear all about your meal, and I want to hear how your daughter enjoyed herself. Hopefully you'll post something before we leave on May 13. We are taking our son to dinner at the Chef's Table. He just turned 13. He has no interest in being a chef, or in cooking in general, other than what is required to get his cooking merit badge in Boy Scouts (think pancakes...) but he always watches MasterChef and Hell's Kitchen with us, so he's excited to have the experience. He's also kind of adventurous in his food choices - much more so than I was at his age, so he'll have fun.

I read somewhere that you CAN order tea in the vacuum pot - so definitely do it! Now... have another glass of wine for me!

I'm just finding this thread, don't know how it took me so long. We have reservations for our anniversary in September for our inaugural trip to Victoria and Alberts. Its a surprise for my hubby, which hopefully he'll love. I've stayed away from V&A to date as we've eaten at some of the countries best restaurants and I didn't want to be disappointed. But after reading multiple reviews lately, I'm pretty sure we're gonna love it. Wine pairings here I come....

You made an ADR! That's definitely a sign of a special occasion.

I think you are my lost best friend. Wish I was with you, choking and drinking wine, instead of sitting in my office trying hard to muster some enthusiasm to get some work done. I'm a lost cause when vacation is soooooo close!

Enough talk of work, and back to the happier topic at hand. Ha Ha! I don't remember ANYTHING being very peppered in the food there. Just perfectly seasoned. Nor do I remember sweet potatoes. I think the more recent reviews within the past year are indicative of many of the items you'll be served. Sweet potatoes may be a little too "common" for Hunnel cuisine, and I also think they wouldn't be considered "seasonal" unless it was fall. Think micro-greens and those trendy little multi-colored potatoes, if you see potatoes of any kind.

I want to hear all about your meal, and I want to hear how your daughter enjoyed herself. Hopefully you'll post something before we leave on May 13. We are taking our son to dinner at the Chef's Table. He just turned 13. He has no interest in being a chef, or in cooking in general, other than what is required to get his cooking merit badge in Boy Scouts (think pancakes...) but he always watches MasterChef and Hell's Kitchen with us, so he's excited to have the experience. He's also kind of adventurous in his food choices - much more so than I was at his age, so he'll have fun.

I read somewhere that you CAN order tea in the vacuum pot - so definitely do it! Now... have another glass of wine for me!

Maritime hospitality means there is ALWAYS a wine glass waiting :) :drinking1

You don't know how much you have just calmed my mind about the pepper. So many places think the more pepper they use equals better food (notice my lack of the word cuisine). That's true about the seasons - I didn't even think of it.

You now have a parenting follower of me, Oh Mrs. Guru :worship: My daughter is interested in becoming a chef. So the last time we were in Montreal, Quebec I took her to a restaurant call Au Pied de Cochon. They have foie everything. We were both loving our meals while sitting at the chef's bar, when another table ordered the pigs head for two. This dish comes with foie, lobster, mussels, and a pig's head with a knife stuck through. Needless to say the therapy fund was started the next day..... :worried:

I will definitely try and post something prior to your departure, just know that I am a technical buffoon. To the point that the IT department at work can recognize my voice! We have a week at Coronado booked followed by a week at Royal Pacific at Universal. We return home the evening of May 2. But don't worry, I'll definitely tell Chef Scott you say hi! (You should PM me your name so I can let him know you are arriving! Maybe he'll prepare an extra course for you!?)

Congratulations on the reservation. It is WELL worth it.
Since I am reading comments on the wine, I want to make sure to give you this advise to TRULY enjoy your experience.
Please "do" get the wine pairing, but share it. Each pairing is a full pour and it is a LOT of wine by course 4. After that, it takes a "little" away from the taste, though you will definitely be happier ;)
The wines are to die for and Israel (the Maitre'd) really knows his stuff in pairing, but sharing the wine pairing as a couple is a good idea.
The actual pairing is only about $105, so cost is not the reason for my suggestion. In any case, have a WONDERFUL dinner.
We were 4 couples, and the 8 of us took over the Victoria room (our party was too big for the Chef's table). Chef Scott came towards the end of the meal.

My 15 year dating Anniversary is Oct 26 and my DH will be deployed during our 6th wedding anniversary and his 30th bday. What is the best way to book the Chef Table? We love food, used to live in Vegas and have dined at some of the best restaurants but never have we dined at a chefs table. I need to get this for him cause he would just go crazy. That and I would finally beat him in the gift department.

You made an ADR! That's definitely a sign of a special occasion.

I know right. It's very un me, but figure if I can sell the hubby of having our daughter spend the evening in the child care facility while we have an adults only night, it should be worth it ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter