The Bahamian Rum Runners! May 18, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Magic!

Hi lar42. Glad you didn't have any problems booking. Sounds like your DD is right around the same age as mine (19 and 23 when we sail). Maybe they will hit it off and enjoy the college stuff together.

Our youngest DD just got her schedule for the year for the dance company and nothing is conflicting with the cruise! :cool1: So as soon as Sept 10th comes we will be booking as well. Wish we could do it sooner - but we can't. Please everyone keep your fingers crossed that we have "smooth sailing" ;) with our booking as well.

We will be on the magic as well!! My wife and I are in are mid 30's and we will be bringing our son, Zander with us. He will be 3 1/2 when we set sail. This will be our first disney experience!!

Welcome!! :)

I was hoping/wondering the same about formal night.. surely we'll have one?? I hope, I already bought my outfits!! :lmao:

This is all i can find on DCL's site:

Question
What should I wear to dinner?
Answer
Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:

One cruise casual night—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
On 4-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

I was also wondering about semi or formal nights. I thought I heard somewhere that there is only a real formal night on 7 night and longer cruises. Now I could very well be dreaming this - so don't take my word for it.

I am wondering if we will have 3 cruise casual, 1 pirate and 1 semi-formal.

i found navigators from a 6/10 cruise with the same itinerary but i dont have enough posts yet to post a link:headache:

how crazy do people get dressing up for pirate night?:mickeyjum

leave it to good ole Dis to not let the link go through. :headache:

Some people go all out and some people don't do anything. So either way - you will fit right in. ;)

Aw shucks, of course the link didn't work!! :(

I was wondering the same about pirate night.. that's a challenge for me to figure out what to wear on that night!! :) pirate:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter