The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't call it construction. It's new rugs, furniture, stuff like that. Back in the Fall, I was told it would start in March. This month one person told me May and one told me June. It will not impact guests at all since it will be removal of furniture and replacement of new. I will probably just come to work one day and go "Wow ... I have a new hangout". I'm excited about it.

While I know things need renovating from time to time especially with the traffic Disney's BC sees, most people frown when they arrive and there is a major renovation going on during summer vacation. In order for Disney to maintain their high stardards of lodging, parks and etc. there has to be construction sometime. We have stayed on property before during a construction phase and Disney goes above and beyond to not let it interfere with their guest!
Thanks for the info!

Hi all.

After reading through most of this thread, we finally booked our vacation to WDW and YC last night! Now comes the real planning...

Would someone be kind enough to confirm the package delivery options available to a guest? From what I've read, if the package is delivered via:

- U.S. Postal Service, then the front reception can take it and hold for the guest at no charge.
- Grocery delivery service (like Garden Grocer), delivery can be left at the bell hop until picked up by the guest.
- any other service (like UPS, FedEx), the package goes to the business center where there will be a charge according to package size and weight.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Just bumping to see if anyone knows...thanks.

Are there any chairs outside on the smaller balconies at Beach Club?
No, which is strange, because the balconies are very nice and large.

[/QUOTE]

Stayed at the Beach Club ESPN weekend and received an upgrade. Plus I called only 2 weeks before our stay and used my 45% of pin code, that I received last October. We stayed on the 2nd level and our view over looked the quiet pool, and if it wasn't for a tree, we could see the Boardwalk. My dh loved this room, because we could take the stairs down to the pool, and we could walk right out to the sidewalk that went to the IG and Boardwalk.

I liked taking the entrance to the Boardwalk lobby. I think the BC lobbies is one of the best at WDW. When we were in a hurry, we would go his way, but when we took walks we went out the lobby way.

We ate breakfast over at the Dolphin "The Fresh Mediterranean Market.
It is set up with stations.
As you visit each one, there is a list of available items.
The food is then made FRESH for you, to order.

Breakfast includes Fresh Juice and Starbucks Coffee!

Adults $17.95; Children $10.95

Our walk back to the BC.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We had an ADR at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, but we missed it and walked over around 9:30 as a walk up and got right in. The place was busy and our table was a little to close to another couple, but they soon left and we were fine. We walked back over to the BC, and gathered our luggage by 11:00 and checked out.

If we stay at the BC again, it won't be during Peak Season, unless we receive another percentage off. It was our 2nd time there and rates were much better in Nov. than February.

Edit-on Sunday it warmed up considerably and our room was very warm. We tried turning on the AC and it wouldn't kick on. The hallways were very warm too. We were wondering if the AC units were down or something. I could just imagine people freezing and turning on the heat, and people like us, trying ot run the AC.

I found a few pic. of our room. Disney touch.
ry%3D400

2 nice queen beds.
ry%3D400

Flat screen on the wall.
Hot chocolate was my staple for the weekend.
ry%3D400

This was the elevator about 2 doors down from our room. When you went to the bottom floor, it showed you where the elevator was. We tried to take the stairs as much as possible.
ry%3D400

Meaning if I am at YC lobby and want to go say hi to TEena, can I wander around inside and eventually wind up in BC lobby or do I need to physically exit the YC lobby go outside and enter the BC lobby?

Meaning if I am at YC lobby and want to go say hi to TEena, can I wander around inside and eventually wind up in BC lobby or do I need to physically exit the YC lobby go outside and enter the BC lobby?

Someone else will have to confirm, but I believe you can get from to the other without exiting the building.

You actually have to walk outside for a little bit and walk under a covered walkway between YC and BC.

You can exit the YC just past the Yachtsman and enter the BC just past Beaches and Cream, if I recall.

You may change your mind about the decor of the BC lobby soon. We're getting a new lobby very soon!

I'm so surprised to read this. Wasn't new furniture put in the lobby just in the past 2-3 years?? We will be there in late May. Whether new stuff or current, we can't wait!! :banana:

Does anyone have pics of the newly renovated BCV rooms? I heard they received new linens and flat screen TV'S?

Yes, that's a good reason to pick the YC because you are guaranteed a full size balcony if you are not on the first floor. However, I still call the YC the "dark side". I love the lightness and atmosphere so much better on the BC but many people like the YC atmosphere better.

Teena, I gotta chuckle everytime you say the "dark side" thing!:rotfl:

Now, the YC rooms, there's no "dark" there! what were they thinking keeping those bright white headboards?:scared1: ACK!

Great news about the BC lobby! Thanks for keeping us updated! :thumbsup2

I don't get it :confused3 do that many people hang out in the lobby? I wouldn't pick a resort on the lobby, how much time is spent there? The only lobby I can remember sitting in was GF, we had a drink and listened to the piano player.

I don't get it :confused3 do that many people hang out in the lobby? I wouldn't pick a resort on the lobby, how much time is spent there? The only lobby I can remember sitting in was GF, we had a drink and listened to the piano player.

Exactly, and that is why we went with YC. I prefer the atmosphere of the BC lobby, but how much time will we really be spending in it? Even the WL lobby which I love, I don't end up spending a ton of time in. For me, the other thing is, we can always go "hang out" in the BC lobby if we feel like it.

The villa rooms received a very very very soft upgrade last year.
No new televisions were installed. SOME linens changed, it really was not much of an upgrade...

Does anyone have pics of the newly renovated BCV rooms? I heard they received new linens and flat screen TV'S?

I did it. I've read every page of this thread. Thanks to all for the info. I am more excited than ever. Most of my questions have been answered. Just need one thing clarified. This was mentioned back on page 161 . . .

In addition, every BCV has either a balcony or patio large enough for a table and two chairs. That isn't the case at the BC.

Can someone please just confirm for me that none of the BCV rooms have standing only balconies? We have booked a studio (renting points). We don't need a huge balcony, just something large enough for 2 chairs. Just need to know so that I know if I need to make a room request or not. Thanks.

Now . . . what do I do for the next 7 and 1/2 months?

I'm so surprised to read this. Wasn't new furniture put in the lobby just in the past 2-3 years?? We will be there in late May. Whether new stuff or current, we can't wait!! :banana:

It was about 3-1/2 years ago. The furniture and rugs have not worn well so therefore we get a new lobby ... yippeee!!

Hey friends ... I'm out of here tomorrow morning on the Disney Magic for 7 nights. I'll try to catch up on questions when I return. Today was absolutely one of the most beautiful days I've ever experienced in this area. In the 70's with no humidity, bright sun ... absolutely perfect. Hopefully that weather will follow our cruise the entire week. We had a super lunch at Italy and now we're packing for the cruise.

Hey friends ... I'm out of here tomorrow morning on the Disney Magic for 7 nights. I'll try to catch up on questions when I return. Today was absolutely one of the most beautiful days I've ever experienced in this area. In the 70's with no humidity, bright sun ... absolutely perfect. Hopefully that weather will follow our cruise the entire week. We had a super lunch at Italy and now we're packing for the cruise.

Bon voyage! Can't wait to here about your trip!

Amanda

Why not stay at the BC instead of the YC? It's much closer to the BCV.

If you spend lots of time looking out your balcony at the view, then it would be worth it to get a waterview. However, really think about this. It's a good sum more. We've found that when we visited WDW, after spending extra money for a super view, we'd look out for the first ten minutes while we were in the room and go "wow, look at that view". Then the rest of the week we were never in the room except to change clothes, shower or sleep and we had the drapes closed then. So we started booking the cheapest ugliest view and spent the money instead on boat rentals and massages, etc. However, everybody is different. I just found personally I didn't spend enough time in the room looking at the view to justify the extra cost. If I had my mother or father with me and they weren't doing the parks or going to the pool and just wanted to sit on the balcony and read and look at the view, then I would definitely splurge and go for a waterview.
Thanks for the feedback! I tried to book the BC (I needed two rooms) but there was no availability. I called today and it would be about 58.00 to upgrade-so I'm on the fence-however, spending the extra money on a massage doesn't sound like a bad idea either!!!! THANKS for the idea!!!!

The flat screen TVs have been added in the last half year or so. Upgraded towels and linens were added several years back at the same time as other deluxe resorts. The living room couch we had in January had new fabric and I think the studio couch did, too. Banquettes have new fabric. Otherwise the patterns are the same or very, very close to the original to my eye anyway.

The villa rooms received a very very very soft upgrade last year.
No new televisions were installed. SOME linens changed, it really was not much of an upgrade...

I think it was actually a very major renovation but just not very apparent. Entire wings were blocked off. New carpets, paint, the bench at the banquette no longer moves around. We had at least one brand new appliance but that might have been coincidence. But as almost all patterns are the exact same, it is hard to tell.

Starting some time in the Fall, flat screen TVs and iHomes were added. At the Member's annual meeting, we were told BCV will get new patio furniture some time this year.

I did it. I've read every page of this thread. Thanks to all for the info. I am more excited than ever. Most of my questions have been answered. Just need one thing clarified. This was mentioned back on page 161 . . .

Can someone please just confirm for me that none of the BCV rooms have standing only balconies? We have booked a studio (renting points). We don't need a huge balcony, just something large enough for 2 chairs. Just need to know so that I know if I need to make a room request or not. Thanks.

Now . . . what do I do for the next 7 and 1/2 months?

Well, I can confirm it but you probably want to hear it from someone else. :goodvibes If you ask on the DVC forums, I think many will have noticed that it is the case. First floor rooms do have little patios rather than balconies but do have two chairs and a small table.

It was about 3-1/2 years ago. The furniture and rugs have not worn well so therefore we get a new lobby ... yippeee!!

How fun for you, Teena. I had just gotten used to it :rotfl: but then I don't get to see it every week. :rotfl:

Isn't Tutto great? Have fun on your cruise and I hope your weather is perfect. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter