Thank God For Trip Insurance; Our Merry Land/Sea! (Two new updates October 3)

Great update!

We haven't yet tried Coral Reef, but are booked there in May. Can't wait to try it!

Also looking forward to the Sum of all Thrills. Looking forward to seeing your video!;)

Subscribing! Just discovered your trip report...enjoying it so far and looking forward to the cruise report. Wanted to say "hi" and mention that your TR of your trip with two broken arms was a big help to me last February when my daughter broke her arm a few days before our WDW trip. I was directed to your TR by a Moderator after I posted an inquiry about travel with a broken arm. Our trip turned out fine, but I was very worried that DD10 would have a hard time--she didn't have too many problems, just a bit tired sometimes from lugging the cast along--and the CMs were wonderful to her. A belated Thank You for your great trip report! :)

I should be in bed, too!! It's after midnight here!! YIKES!! Oh well--LOVE the ponchos!! The girls are so cute in them!! I've been buying things already for our December trip, too!! ;) Mmmm--your food at Coral Reef looks YUMMY!! It IS pretty!! And yay for Soarin'--my favorite!! I would LOVE it if they did a Florida version!! Great idea!! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see the Sum of all Thrills video!! :goodvibes

Glad I'm not the only one who stays up too late on the DIS.:goodvibes

Your family is so beautiful, and I love the picture of Faith stretched out sleeping, too cute. Love the poncho's, and it looks like the girls loved them too. I haven't eaten at Coral Reef yet, but it looks like I need to the next time we go. I have always heard great reviews about it.

How long have they had"the sum of all thrills"? Do you remember the height requirement? I hope they have it there for a while. Sounds like your girl's are having fun. I noticed in your first TR you all got up early and did a lot before the afternoon crowds.This one you are taking it easy and going later, then staying after the afternoon crowds leave and staying out late. I was curious as to which was your preference.:goodvibes I hope that just made sense.

I don't remember the height restriction for Sum of all Thrills. I'm thinking maybe 52". Well our late mornings were more due to the fact that we had so much planned in the evenings this trip. I also love rope drop. This trip was more laid back and we didn't feel the need to get it all in like we had in years prior. So, if you do feel like getting it all in I guess rope drop would be best. We are not fans of returning to the resort for naps during the day. We'd rather sleep in or go back early.

hi! :goodvibes I am really enjoying your trip report. Thank you for posting such wonderful photos. :thumbsup2 The girls look adorable in their ponchos and your dinner at the CR looks delicious!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for the kind words.:goodvibes

Another good update! Coral Reef is one of our favorite too. That's great you got to sit in the front!

Being in the front is the only way to go for me.:goodvibes

Very cute ponchos! I buy stuff like that and save it too!

Coral Reef looks really good. I think we will try that one next time.

I will have to remember that tip on the Visa meet and greet. We tried it twice and the line was unreal both times so we left. Can't wait to see your PP pics!

Definitely recommend arriving for Visa greet early.:thumbsup2

Way to go for buying the ponchos that far before the trip. :D lol They were really cute!

I still have yet to ride Soarin'. :( Christmas '08, I missed out on it...don't know why either. lol Oh well. I digress.

No Soarin!:eek: It is a MUST!!!

Great update!:thumbsup2 I have yet to make it to the Visa Meet and Greet. We seem never to find it. And when I do remember about it, it is alway after hours.

This next trip I am going to make it a priority to go there.:goodvibes

Arrive early!:goodvibes

Another great update:cool1:

I showed my DD (7) earlier the ponchos in your pics and she loved them. She told me I had to find one for her that she "had" to have one, LOL

Sounds like your day in Epcot is starting out great!

Brandin

I got the ponchos on a huge sale come Spring of last year.:goodvibes

We love Coral Reef! :love:

Can't wait to see the video from Sum of All Thrills!

Coral Reef is fab.:yay:

Great update!

We haven't yet tried Coral Reef, but are booked there in May. Can't wait to try it!

Also looking forward to the Sum of all Thrills. Looking forward to seeing your video!;)

Video is uploaded and coming soon.:cool1:

Subscribing! Just discovered your trip report...enjoying it so far and looking forward to the cruise report. Wanted to say "hi" and mention that your TR of your trip with two broken arms was a big help to me last February when my daughter broke her arm a few days before our WDW trip. I was directed to your TR by a Moderator after I posted an inquiry about travel with a broken arm. Our trip turned out fine, but I was very worried that DD10 would have a hard time--she didn't have too many problems, just a bit tired sometimes from lugging the cast along--and the CMs were wonderful to her. A belated Thank You for your great trip report! :)

Wow, too cool that my last TR was able to help with your situation. I'd never thought of it that way but that is great! Sorry your DD broke her arm before the trip. Truly is a huge bummer but Disney seems to make everything better. Thanks for posting and reading along.:goodvibes

As promised here is the video of DD9 and DH riding their simulated roller coaster that they designed. Their ride was fairly mild although they still loved it. Others were flipping upside down.:eek: DH said this really helped as he could enjoy himself knowing that DD was also enjoying herself.

I went back and added a couple video where they belong earlier in the trip if anyone is interested. MVMCP dance party: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34875954&postcount=79

and (a favorite of mine) video of us walking through completely empty streets of Hollywood Studios at midnight after the TSM party: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34802248&postcount=41

Hi, My name is Ty, I read your other TR when you went to WDW with 2 broken arms, God Bless you girl! I can't remember if I commented on you TR or not, I think I read it in the completed TR forum so maybe I wasn't able to comment. anyway, I was so excited to find another TR from you because I fell in love with your family while reading your last TR. Your girls are so cute, I love the way you dress them.

IT was your last TR and all the great pictures in it that made me really want to go to MNSSHP, I am finally going this year.
I have done MVMCP in the past, which one do you like best? were alot of adults dressed in costume? My Kids are older, 15 and 17, by the time we go my son will be in the service and my DD doesn't want to go at all so it will be just DH and me, do you think MNSSHP is mainly for kids or did you see alot of adults without kids? Sorry to be full of questions about your old TR.

I agree with you about non ticket holders sticking around for the party, that bugged me a bit too, I had to pay for what they were getting for free.

I can't wait to read more, especialy the sea part of your trip.

Hi, My name is Ty, I read your other TR when you went to WDW with 2 broken arms, God Bless you girl! I can't remember if I commented on you TR or not, I think I read it in the completed TR forum so maybe I wasn't able to comment. anyway, I was so excited to find another TR from you because I fell in love with your family while reading your last TR. Your girls are so cute, I love the way you dress them.

IT was your last TR and all the great pictures in it that made me really want to go to MNSSHP, I am finally going this year.
I have done MVMCP in the past, which one do you like best? were alot of adults dressed in costume? My Kids are older, 15 and 17, by the time we go my son will be in the service and my DD doesn't want to go at all so it will be just DH and me, do you think MNSSHP is mainly for kids or did you see alot of adults without kids? Sorry to be full of questions about your old TR.

I agree with you about non ticket holders sticking around for the party, that bugged me a bit too, I had to pay for what they were getting for free.

I can't wait to read more, especialy the sea part of your trip.

Thanks for the kind words and for coming along for this ride! We loved both MNSSHP and MVMCP. They are both equally special in completely different ways. It is hard to pick one over the other. That being said I think MNSSHP is a tiny bit more of a favorite. The fireworks were AMAZING! It was so fun to dress up and the girls loved collecting candy in the MK! You will have a great time. Many adults go without children so you will not be out of place whatsoever.

Photopass pics!! Got my photopass pics and am going to upload some of the pictures that have already been covered in the TR.:cool1:

First up, our first day at EPCOT!

Image0510.jpg

DH and I took a picture without kids since Faith was asleep.
Image0515.jpg

Then we put Faith in the picture ................asleep.:rotfl2:
Image0518.jpg

And later, she arose!:yay:
Image0522.jpg

Evening in Epcot before heading out to TSM party.
Image0525.jpg

MVMCP
Image0527.jpg

Image0529.jpg

Image0532.jpg

Love this border!
Image0533.jpg

Image0535.jpg

Image0571.jpg

Image0566.jpg

So, we left off with day 3 Epcot. I posted video from Sum of all Thrills. Here are some photopass pics we got at the Disney Visa Meet. Goofy was quite silly and the girls loved it. He pretended to take me to the side and give me a big smooch. Then he turned and tried to fight DH doing some one leg korate move. It was too cute.:rotfl2:
Image0613.jpg

Image0608.jpg

Image0615.jpg

We then headed over to Journey to Imagination. Faith decided she absolutely did not want to ride because she remembered the stinky part. We love this ride even though it's old and outdated. We convinced her by telling her we'd warn her when it was time to plug her nose. Instead she plugged her nose through the entire ride.:lmao:
371.jpg

We spent quite a while just playing around in the exit area (not sure what they call this). Here's one side note. All three visits we have made funny pictures and emailed them to family members. The first year they never made it. Second year it worked fine. This year emails were indeed sent to loved ones but they were of foreign people we don't know, NOT US.:confused3
372.jpg

The girls each bought some fun bouncy balls. Hope's has Fantasmic Mickey in it and blue glitter, Faith's lights up and makes sound. (Hmmm, where are those right now?):rolleyes:
373.jpg

It was another fantastically hot day in the high 80's, remember we had just come from -20 degree weather.:beach:
375.jpg

We then rode Test Track for the second time this trip.:cool1: Family Favorite!
Image0628.jpg

DD5 (Faith) had been really upset when she saw Snow White at MVMCP at the end of the night and realized she'd missed her chance to see her so I had promised we'd see her at Epcot. So, off we went in search of Snow White in Germany.

First we stopped for a couple more photopass pictures in front of the Epcot tree.
Image0641.jpg

We made it to Germany and I entered the store to ask when Snow White where we could see Snow White. When I asked the clerk that question she responded, "at any counter".:rolleyes: Once I explained I wanted the live character :laughing: we were told she was on break and would be out again in 15 minutes. So, we joined the handful of people already waiting and waited for Snow White. I'm sure Faith would say it was worth the wait.
Image0660.jpg

Guess we were on a photopass mission as it looks like we hit a few more on near the lake.
Image0656.jpg

At this point we looked at the clock at it was a little after 4 p.m. While we thought it would be fun to check out more Santa Storytellers the idea of heading back to the resort to hang out at the pool for a while sounded more appealing to us all. (We truly had a go with the flow sort of mentality this time. Far cry from previous years.):rolleyes1

So, we headed out to the buses with plans to return tonight for Illuminations.
Back at the Pop we saw this cute van driving along the walking paths. Too cute.:cutie:
380.jpg

The girls changed into their suits and headed to the pool as the sun went down. We were there over the shortest day of the year.
384.jpg

I got us all dinner at the food court and we ate it by the pool. Sounds lovely right? Not so much, tons of tiny nasty nats started to swam us. We found ourselves eating as fast as possible and shooing them away. DH got the nachos which were fantastic.
381.jpg

After a nice relaxing couple of hours at the pool we showered and changed into warmer clothing for our return to Epcot for Illuminations. I was the only one who had seen this before. (I went on my own last year.) I knew they would all love it. We made it back in plenty of time to find an adequate viewing spot.
Image0663.jpg

This picture is funny to us. I really wanted a family picture in front of Spaceship Earth while it was dark. DH was on the phone with his boss and had been for most of the bus ride. The girls got their picture taken and then we stood waiting for DH to get off the phone. DH has a very long winded boss. So, finally after DH realized I was not moving on without the picture he asked his boss to hold for a minute and we took this picture. You can see the cell in DH's hand.:rotfl2: What's even funnier to us is it's one of our favorite pictures. I told DH he should show it to the boss and let him know he too is in the picture (on the phone)!
Image0665.jpg

Illuminations was simply amazing and it was so nice to be able to share that with the family. The special Christmas bonus was far greater than anything I could have dreamed. They played "Let their be peace on earth." It was glorious. Wish I had recorded it.
401.jpg

As per her usual routine, Sleeping Beauty fell off to dreamland as soon as she felt tired.
409-1.jpg

Faith slept as Hope opened her new present for tomorrow, a Princess Tiana outfit.
413.jpg

It was another successful day in Paradise!

Up Next:hourglass: A full day at Hollywood Studios!

I had originally made reservations here for the night before we departed but canceled them. Some time when we arrive late or leave early we may try this lovely hotel. The pictures of the pool on top look awesome.

Sorry for getting to your report late, but I just started to read. We were going to stay at the Hyatt- before our cruise last summer and I checked prices, and they were running $250.00. I wasn't going to pay that for a airport hotel.

I ventured over to the Cruise boards and I saw that a bunch of DIS members talk about how they were getting bargain prices for Hyatt either on Expedia or Priceline. I followed all the rules for Expedia and got a 2 queen bed room for $49.:banana: When I checked in, I thought for sure, that I would be told that their was a computer glitch or something. But nope, we had a beautiful room, and I was concerned we would hear the jets come in, but you couldn't hear anything. And, you are right about the pool, which surprised us.

So if you want to find out how to get a room there, give me a PM, and I'll give ya the hints.

On to read the rest of your TR. And, I'm glad you meet OneTreeHillAddict, she writes great TR's too.

Looks like you had a great day! Your photopass pics are really cute. Too funny about your husband's boss!

GREAT updates!!! Wow--you got some INCREDIBLE PP pics!! :goodvibes So glad ya'll were able to find Snow White!! I'm cracking up at your hubby on the phone with his boss!! If you remember from my May TR, the only time my DH was on the phone with his boss the stepsisters and stepmother were yelling at him and giving him a talking to for being on the phone!! :lmao:

Great update. You guys really had a nice mix of getting stuff done and down time. Very nice PP pics!

Wow. Where to I begin? Your PP pics were all great! Love the ones with the Santa hats. I must say it seemed strange to me to see you in a PP picture without a cast. :rotfl:

Good for you for going with the flow and heading out for the pool. We did that on our trip as well and enjoyed it even more than last year. It IS vacation after all.

Yay for Illuminations! :banana: I love that show. Glad your whole crowd got to see them this time.

I'm just on the edge of my seat waiting for your cruise. And I want to know why trip insurance was needed??????

All caught up on your trip report. your photopass pics are great!!! I really want to try the Sum of all Thrills at Epcot, do you remember what the height requirement was on it? Can't wait to read more.

Melissa

Hi! I am LOVING your report! I read the whole thing last night!!! Your girls are PRECIOUS!! I LOVE their outfits! Thank you for posting all about MVMCP, I have never really seen too many pictures of it, so thanks! I am soooo anxious to hear about your cruise, as we are taking our first Disney cruise on the brand new Dream in June of 2011!:goodvibes

Your trip report is exactly why I wait until after it gets moved to the completed section. I just can't wait. :rotfl: It's wonderful I can't wait to read more. We are taking (what will be a 2 year old) on her first trip next year and I can't wait. Your family is beautiful. Keep it coming.

Great update. The girls are just adorable in their matching dresses and mickey santa hats! Glad you were able to get your camera back, I would have been a wreck! Can't wait to read about your time at MVMCP.

Melissa

Yeah I am glad you got your camera back as we lost ours on the last park day..over 700 pics to. I had hoped that all disney familes are honest...that not the case. Unfortunately.....thank got we still had a great time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter