Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wandered over to the budget board and thought I would share this post from the "what you never got for Christmas" thread:

My sister and I wanted the Barbie Dream Pool too! My grandma lived with us, and after one of her hospital stays, she gave us a bedpan to use as our Barbie pool. We thought it was great! We'd fill it up with water and our Barbies would have a marvelous pool party.

:scared::lmao:

Yikes. We are NOT getting this. I am not unhappy about that. Sorry.

Go ahead, rub it in:sad2:

That would be just fine with me!

Unfortunately it ain't happening:sad2:

I have been taking a lot of pictures in the city over the last few days so I'll post those today. [/QUOTE}

Cool!:thumbsup2

Yesterday was my last test so I am now free from school until mid-January. :woohoo:

Awesome! When will you get your final grades? I'm sure you did awesome!:goodvibes

Anybody going to see Avatar this weekend? Alek, Erich and I are going to see it on Sunday. Can't wait!

Jimmy wansts to see but I think that's only becasue they are the latest Happy Meal toys:confused3

But, you know what? I have food, shelter, nice kids, wonderful friends, and plenty of presents under the tree. :goodvibes I'll quit whining now. I'm just feeling stressed and carpy. Sorry. My problems really aren't that bad.

Love you all! :grouphug:

:hug:That's why we are here my friend. To vent to, even when things aren't really as bad as they seem and you just need to blow off some steam!

Just wandered over to the budget board and thought I would share this post from the "what you never got for Christmas" thread:

My sister and I wanted the Barbie Dream Pool too! My grandma lived with us, and after one of her hospital stays, she gave us a bedpan to use as our Barbie pool. We thought it was great! We'd fill it up with water and our Barbies would have a marvelous pool party.

:scared::lmao:

:scared:

Slate! Where have you been!:confused: Miss you around here:hug:

So the snow prediction is now up to 8-14 inches:mad: I have a dentist appointmetn at 9:00am and a hari/eyebrow appointment at 11:00! I will reschedule the dentist appointment if I have too, but I cannot under any circumstances cancel the haircut. I am stating to look like tha shaggy dog:sad2:

Luckily Jim's car is all-wheel drive, so he will be chauferring me around tomorrow;)

Acme was a freaking MADHOUSE and let me tell you those people are skeery :scared:. I wil have to shop again on Wednesday or Thursday morning. I didn't get my fish for Christmas Eve or the cheesecake.

Tomorrow is cookie baking day too:eek:

Hope everyone is having a good night!

Awesome! When will you get your final grades? I'm sure you did awesome!:goodvibes

I have most of them already.

Biology A+
Chemistry A+
Math A+
Computer Literacy (what a joke) A+
Ethics and Critical Thinking A+
Communications A+

The last two are estimates as he has not posted the term paper marks but I did the math and I could score as low as a 50% on the papers and still have an A in both classes. I highly doubt I scored a 50% though. :rolleyes:

So a perfect 4.0 GPA. :banana:

So the snow prediction is now up to 8-14 inches:mad: I have a dentist appointmetn at 9:00am and a hari/eyebrow appointment at 11:00! I will reschedule the dentist appointment if I have too, but I cannot under any circumstances cancel the haircut. I am stating to look like tha shaggy dog:sad2:

Luckily Jim's car is all-wheel drive, so he will be chauferring me around tomorrow;)

Yikes! I double checked. They do think Boston's going to get quite a bit, but as they put it "unless the storm track is off by about 40 miles, NH shouldn't be hit." D is actually sad as he wants the ski areas to get snow - and they're predicting even less an hour north of us, where the skiing mostly is - but I need everything to go smoothly for the next few days. ;)

I understand, but find it slightly funny, that you'll reschedule the dentist, but not the hair. :rotfl2:

Biology A+
Chemistry A+
Math A+
Communications A+

The last two are estimates as he has not posted the term paper marks but I did the math and I could score as low as a 50% on the papers and still have an A in both classes. I highly doubt I scored a 50% though. :rolleyes:

Fantastic, Lessa! :goodvibes

Biology A+
Chemistry A+
Math A+
Communications A+

Wow Lessa what great grades !!:thumbsup2

It is freezing here !!Bed is gonna be sooo cozy tonite !!!

Kat looking forward to City pix !!

I've been watching the news this morning and the snow looks terrible! :eek: Stay safe and warm if you're affected. :hug:

I've been watching the news this morning and the snow looks terrible! :eek: Stay safe and warm if you're affected. :hug:

::yes:: Stay warm and safe. We are still not going to see anything like that - though this morning I woke to "well, the computer tracks are showing it go a bit further north" so we may get in the 5 inch range, instead of 2. Still OK - and we have the resources to deal with it.

Good Morning !!! Today is the TEA Party at work !! The girls will be coming in to help!! The consumers love it !! I am none throughout the Agency for my Tea Parties !!!Should look good on a resume right !!!!:rotfl2:

And here I thought things had slowed down and then you all went chat-crazy! :faint:

I read but didn't quote... so forgive me if I forget anything...

Lori - I love that Jojo Elf idea! :thumbsup2 BTW, love your avatar pic on FB! Too cute!

V - Glad bonehead came though with something! :hug:

CE - Vent away, sister! Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Denise - :wave:

S'late - Where have you been? :hug:

Lessa - Congrats on the GPA! :cheer2:

Janet - Hi-five to Jimmy for his great report card! :thumbsup2 Stay safe in the snow!

Rosie - Have a great time at your Tea Party!

Well, Winter Bread has officially started! We decided to hit DLR one last time before our passes are blocked out, which ended up being a HORRIBLE idea. It was crazy packed by 4:30pm. We ended up having dinner and riding Star Tours. A friend texted me that they were on Main St. waiting for the parade and they were saving us a spot. We joined them for the parade and then headed out to DTD for some shopping. I needed to get my Aunt and Cousin something, so we hit Marceline's sweet shop for my Aunt. We found her some Alice in Wonderland teas and bought her some a pretty tea cup/saucer set.
We hadn't been there in a very long time and there were a lot of new stores open. One in particular was called "D Street". It was like an underground, urban Disney Store. It was so cool! I found my cousin a really nice Cashmire Mickey scarf there.
I'd also heard they opened a cupcake store in DTD, so I went in search.... and was quite dissapointed. Meh. It was at the old magazine stand with cupcakes in plastic boxes. Nothing was baked on site, and they had coffee sitting in a giant thermos. Talk about cheesy! :sad2: I was so bummed out.
Anyway, I only have to head out to grab 1 gift card and some cashola and I'm done. Today I've got tons of :laundy: and then going to the grocery late this afternoon. Hoping to see The Princess and The Frog tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend! :flower3:

Go Lessa:woohoo:

Yikes! I double checked. They do think Boston's going to get quite a bit, but as they put it "unless the storm track is off by about 40 miles, NH shouldn't be hit." D is actually sad as he wants the ski areas to get snow - and they're predicting even less an hour north of us, where the skiing mostly is - but I need everything to go smoothly for the next few days. ;)

I understand, but find it slightly funny, that you'll reschedule the dentist, but not the hair. :rotfl2:

Went to the dentist AND got the hair cut! Jimmy did too, so we are both ready for Christmas!:thumbsup2

Thanks!:hug:

::yes:: Stay warm and safe. We are still not going to see anything like that - though this morning I woke to "well, the computer tracks are showing it go a bit further north" so we may get in the 5 inch range, instead of 2. Still OK - and we have the resources to deal with it.

Up to 2 feet now:mad:

Well, Winter Bread has officially started!

:confused3

I'd also heard they opened a cupcake store in DTD, so I went in search.... and was quite dissapointed. Meh. It was at the old magazine stand with cupcakes in plastic boxes. Nothing was baked on site, and they had coffee sitting in a giant thermos. Talk about cheesy! :sad2: I was so bummed out.

That stinks:sad2:

Hoping to see The Princess and The Frog tomorrow.

Jimmy is going to see it on Tuesday with his class.

Enjoy your weekend! :flower3:

You too!:flower3:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, now they are predicting up to 2 feet of snow:eek: Went to the dentist and got my cleaning and got my hair cut, Jimmy did too! Then we picked up Jim's sister and we are getting ready to bake cookies. The chocolate chips are going in the oven as we speak. Sugar Cookies will be next:thumbsup2

Tomorrow will be shoveling our and :laundy: Wxciting weekend, eh? Will take pics of the snow and post them later!

Hope you are all having a good one! :goodvibes

CE - Vent away, sister! Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Thank you! I physically am much better today, but still a little stressed.

It was like an underground, urban Disney Store. It was so cool! I found my cousin a really nice Cashmire Mickey scarf there.
I'd also heard they opened a cupcake store in DTD, so I went in search.... and was quite dissapointed.

The first store sounds awesome, sorry about the cupcakes. :hug:

Went to the dentist AND got the hair cut! Jimmy did too, so we are both ready for Christmas!:thumbsup2

Excellent! I have an appointment on Wed.

So, now they are predicting up to 2 feet of snow:eek:

OK, that's a TON even for up here. Sorry. :hug:

Yeah, they're still not sure if the snow is really making it up here or not. Nothing new since 9:00 this morning from the local guys. Sigh.

I went out to Target - it was very, very busy and yet they had all the registers open, so it wasn't too hard to get out. I got all the stocking stuff and some gift wrap and paper goods for the kids' school parties.

All we really have left is one thing for Woody from us personally, and then I realized that I need something for the girls of our holiday friends for Christmas Day. Duh. But, assuming that we can still go out tomorrow night, that will be relatively easy. Oh, yeah, and I have an idea for my dad from the boys, but I need to grab that, too. Not too bad.

I need a grocery store big trip for the party here and our Christmas dinner, but that's OK. I'm getting there.

I'm going to have a glass of wine and maybe do some wrapping for the stuff for my parents and that others have sent for D and the boys.

Have a great evening! :goodvibes

:rotfl2: I pulled a Janet! I meant WINTER BREAK! :lmao:

So, now they are predicting up to 2 feet of snow:eek:
Ugh! I don't like snow. We can see the mountains from my bedroom window, and they're all covered in snow. The kids really want to go, but they just don't realize how much snow sucks! I guess I'll probably give in and take a little road trip.

Went to the dentist and got my cleaning and got my hair cut, Jimmy did too! Then we picked up Jim's sister and we are getting ready to bake cookies. The chocolate chips are going in the oven as we speak. Sugar Cookies will be next:thumbsup2
Ahhhh... I love getting my teeth cleaned!:cloud9: Especially since I have the braces, I so look forward to my cleanings! :lovestruc

We'll do cookies during the week...it'll keep us busy until Christmas Eve. :goodvibes

Have fun baking!

Hi All!!!!

OMG it feels like forever since I've been here. I wish I had more time to do everything I need to do...let alone want to do.

I haven't read back....I hope everyone is well.

Lessa: :thumbsup2 on the grades that's awesome!!!

Northern Fockers: sorry about all the snow. You can send some down here. :rolleyes1 I miss snow, but I definately don't miss the shoveling.

So Mini TR:

Disney was fun, but too short. Yani and I vowed to not do 1 day trips anymore. We left Friday with the intention of being there in time to hit the Poly and watch the MVMCP Christmas Wishes, but um....we got lost :upsidedow (don't ask...:sad2:). So we missed that and just got to our hotel and crashed to hit the parks all day the next day.

It was soooooooooooooooooooooo busy, not to metion the traffic. We got to MK around 10-ish on Saturday and there were lines at the ticket/will call box offices that filled up that whole area! This was our reaction :eek: :faint:
So we got on the monorail to the TTC and saw the monorail line to MK :crowded: and the one to Epcot which was empty so we headed that way. The weather was perfect and we hit our usual spots in Epcot.

Around 2pm my bro and his girlflriend arrived so we met them at DTD and had lunch at T-Rex. It was nice and my bro is a dinosaur freak so he liked it and that made it all the more magical :goodvibes. The food was good, we had bronto burgers and my bro and his g-f had a stegosaurus sandwhich. It was kinda loud, but not bad. It's a pretty big restaurant and there were quite a few people, but we were happy b/c we got in without an ADR. :thumbsup2

We headed back to MK via the Grand Floridian....walked around and looked at the Christmasy stuff. My bro had a heart attack about the ticket prices (even though I had warned him, but he misunderstood me) :rolleyes: So he and the g-f decided it wasn't worth it for 5 hours of park time. They went to the hotel. Yani and I went to MGM (DHS) to see the lights before the park closed and then headed back to Epcot to use our Soarin' FP's then off to MK again since the park was open til' 1am and it wasn't as full anymore.

We were exhausted and vowed to not do 1 day park trips anymore.

Anyway....I'll try to upload pics as soon as I can. ;)

TTFN!!

We headed back to MK via the Grand Floridian....walked around and looked at the Christmasy stuff. My bro had a heart attack about the ticket prices (even though I had warned him, but he misunderstood me) :rolleyes: So he and the g-f decided it wasn't worth it for 5 hours of park time. They went to the hotel. Yani and I went to MGM (DHS) to see the lights before the park closed and then headed back to Epcot to use our Soarin' FP's then off to MK again since the park was open til' 1am and it wasn't as full anymore.

We were exhausted and vowed to not do 1 day park trips anymore.

This is MY reaction to your day: :faint: :rotfl:

Glad you had fun, even if it was too short. :goodvibes

This is MY reaction to your day: :faint: :rotfl:

Glad you had fun, even if it was too short. :goodvibes

LOL!! Yeah that's how we felt too. :rotfl2:

Honestly though we spent more time on Disney Transportation than in the parks :sad2: and in the whole day did a total of 3 rides. :sad2:

But we did lots of browsing in the stores. :rolleyes: and I dragged Yani around taking Photopass pics. :rolleyes1

Kristel: Epcot had Christmas Disney cards in the store before entering WS. They were like $13 for a box of 16 cards though.

Ok I went back and read some so...

T: :cool1: On your ticker! (Hopefully the Brazilians won't be invading again.)

Dawn: :banana: on the extra days.
:hug: to C about her teacher

Lori: :woohoo: on the kitten she's adorable and I love her name.
Sorry the kids found the loot...:guilty:

Angela: definately renew the AP or Janet's suggestion about a PT job. ;)

Lessa: Wanna go see Avatar tomorrow too. My bro just told me he saw it and didn't invite me. :sad1:

Thank you all about the holidays w/o the parental unit :grouphug:
I'll be fine, my bro is still here and my friends have all invited me to their house at one point of the holiday or another. And if I had money I'd fly to visit all of ya'll with snow! ;)

Ok...gonna go read TTYL :hippie:

Hi Z Your Day sounded EXHAUSTING!!!:scared1:

Just a shameles Plug I've updated my PTR!!!!:lmao:

The Xmas Tea went very well, both Staff and consumers had a great time !!We had little Tea sandwiches , liverwurst and green olive on crackers , relish tray and for desserts , Sugar cookies, Choc .dipped oreos, and Trifle !! The consumers exchanged their Secret Santa gifts and everyone was happy!! Especially one he got an Axe gift set and a little while later came out with a blue face and smelling lets say "strong" !!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Disney was fun, but too short. Yani and I vowed to not do 1 day trips anymore. We left Friday with the intention of being there in time to hit the Poly and watch the MVMCP Christmas Wishes, but um....we got lost :upsidedow (don't ask...:sad2:). So we missed that and just got to our hotel and crashed to hit the parks all day the next day.

You don't say.........:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

MEL:banana:

OK, that's a TON even for up here. Sorry. :hug:

Thanks!:goodvibes

Yeah, they're still not sure if the snow is really making it up here or not. Nothing new since 9:00 this morning from the local guys. Sigh.

What did you wind up getting? Anything?

:rotfl2: I pulled a Janet! I meant WINTER BREAK! :lmao:

I am typing challenged:lmao:

We'll do cookies during the week...it'll keep us busy until Christmas Eve. :goodvibes

Have fun baking!

Thanks! Are your kids done for Christmas now?

Hi All!!!!

:wave:

Disney was fun, but too short.

:faint:

Um, didn't you just buy a GPS:confused3:lmao:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still snowing:eek: Here are some pictures

These 3 were taken around 2:00pm from the kitchen window...
12192.jpg

12193.jpg

12194.jpg

These 4 were taken about 2 hours later
12195.jpg

12196.jpg

12197.jpg

1219.jpg

Jim and Jimmy went sledding and now Jimmy is curled up on the couch watching the Playhouse Disney Christmas cuddled under my new Mickey and Minnie fleece blanket. He is almost passed out:lmao:

I am heading to be do soon. Hope everyone is having a good weekend:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter