Survivor Fans-boston Rob/paradise Island

I agree with Thunderrd about not stopping. They are also not trained medical personnel and after seeing that people were out walking around and many people standing they determined that the situation was "under control" and what are they going to add by stopping. Should they have stopped and said how is everyone maybe... as posted maybe the cameraman did that out the window and we don't know it and Rob said "it's a race lets keep going" or something to that effect. But unless they show everything we won't ever know for sure. But this also drums up interest and gets a "bad guy" to root for or against and its all about the ratings.

It was posted on this thread earlier that Rob is a sneak and 2 faced as he was nice to the locals then he would stab in the back. I think he has been nothing, but sincere and gracious with the locals. He even gave them gifts and if he can use their help to proceed, there are no rules against that so he is playing within the bounds. Others are just mad because they didn't think to do it or couldn't gather the support to do it first. I have only seen a couple times where he was outright misleading someone, but not to the effect the sisters or friends (don't remember exactly which did it) did when digging on the beach earlier in the race.

Just my 2 cents that they really know how to play and are the favorites to win. Did they learn it from other "game" shows...... maybe. But the Big Brother Girl Alison didn't use it well and was the first team eliminated the previous race.

lbgraves...ITA..

In fact, I had to rewind the show just to see of they really said that!!! After the comments they made last week, I could not believe the racial slurs they said this week...you would think since they (as a gay couple) are often in the minority that the would be more open to other races and ideas!? :confused3

I hope Lynn and Alex go soon, although they got a bad deal this week...how many cars didi they go through!?

Go Rob and Amber! pirate:

If you all watched the recap show, Rob's first statement upon seeing the accident, was in effect, I hope on one is hurt, but it is a race for a million dollars, I'm not stopping. So the editting in the orginal air left out the sincere wish that all the parties were ok, making him seem mean. He is really just a smart player, not only thinking of his play but about what effect that will have on other teams.

I LOVE Survivor and Boston Rob. That is the probably trip Rob and Amber won on the Amazing Race (I think they won a trip to ATlantis) I think they won Amazing Race. He is just so good.

My nephew is an editor for Survivor - I am always pumping him for information- He is one of the very few people that has privvy to the final tribal council... ahead of time. Of course he never tells me a thing. But he always tells me which Survivors are cool- and who acts like a jerk...

As far as Boston Rob not stopping at that accident- there was nothing he could have done- actually probably would have been in the way more than anything. They were surrounded by camera crews and they all have communication devices to request help and Rob knew that.

pjpoohbear said:
If you all watched the recap show, Rob's first statement upon seeing the accident, was in effect, I hope on one is hurt, but it is a race for a million dollars, I'm not stopping. So the editting in the orginal air left out the sincere wish that all the parties were ok, making him seem mean. He is really just a smart player, not only thinking of his play but about what effect that will have on other teams.

Actually, I remember them showing that part before too but noone ever commented on it. Everyone who is against R&A are just focusing on the fact that they didn't stop or said it was a race.

Don't forget about Uchena ? and Joyce? They are a sweet couple and a joy to watch......overall best season yet for AR! :teeth:

I am a BIG Survivor fan and Rob was always getting on my nerves when he was on it, but he has won me over on AR. He is a player he is there for the game, I mean in a race friendships and niceities are wonderful but lets not lose sight of why all those people are there...some are there more for the experience and some are there to win $$$. It is easy to see who is there for which. As much as A&R have won me over and I think that they would be the most realistic winner based on their performance so far, I am rooting for Uchenna and Joyce...they seem to be enjoying the race and have alot of heart in it.

jlawall said:
Don't forget about Uchena ? and Joyce? They are a sweet couple and a joy to watch......overall best season yet for AR! :teeth:

I'm rooting for them behind Meredith and Gretchen. But from the previews for next week I'm thinking they may be out. So- go Uchenna & Joyce. :cool1: You kind of forget about them sometimes because they don't get as much airtime as some of the teams.

Her face was so beat up from the fall in the caves. She didn't get much airtime, but when they did show her face, it looked terrible.
I always seem to root for the underdogs. :cheer2:
"Outplay, Outwit, Outlast.....Rob & Amber brought that with them to AR. (This years Survivor is boring!)

Hey and the other teams are first time reality tv participants, who might think that they will stay in touch with these people for a lifetime, but rob and amber know the drill, only to most memoriable with have any lasting impression.

PEnny

I think they are playing the game better than most of the teams. I also like Meredith and Gretchen but want Rob and Amber to win. I agree with others who posted it is ridiculous to state they shouldn't win since they won before.

Well, how many times have the Yankees won the World Series? Should they be disqualified from being in the playoffs in the future? I'll bet all of you Yankee fans don't think so! I'm just trying to make a point that this is a competitive game and may the best team win!!

The producers, CBS, etc. are loving the ratings and water cooler discussions around the season's AR! Rob and Amber have a following (good or bad), it's all about the ratings and market share. Amazing Race is making millions!

Annmarie

I love Rob and Amber, but I really don't care who wins as long as it isn't the two boyfriends. Their racial slurs are disgusting.

I know this has turned into a AR thread but...

My DH just called me to tell me he met Tom from Survivor today. My DH is a NYC police officer and was at the firehouse Tom works in. They talked for a while about what it was like to be on the show and how hard it is not to talk to his wife about what happened. He did say that next week there is some alcohol involved and he takes a beating. LOL

married2grumpy said:

My DH just called me to tell me he met Tom from Survivor today. My DH is a NYC police officer and was at the firehouse Tom works in. They talked for a while about what it was like to be on the show and how hard it is not to talk to his wife about what happened. He did say that next week there is some alcohol involved and he takes a beating. LOL

Tom is a neighbor of ours. :) He lives around the block from us. He gets on my kids' bus every Thursday afternoon and gives them a little "sneak peak" about what will happen on the show that night. This week he told them he had to eat something really gross..and last week he told them he fought a shark. The bus driver took his pic Thursday with her digi cam and then printed out a little pic for all the kids on the bus. Next week we'll have him sign the pics.

Really super nice guy, great family. And yes, he is NYFD.

married2grumpy said:

Oh how awesome!!!!! That must have been cool to meet him.
(I must say, though....that I hope somehow Stephanie can pull it off and win the whole darn thing!!!!!!)

and as for AR....go Amber and Rob!

Well, I'm a reality TV freak and I love this thread! How about a survivor Disney?? Just a thought! Or how about a Survivor DCL?? Ok, I dream!

It's great to hear about Tom, he's really terrific! Also, Steph is a real trooper, we'll see what happens!

AS far as AR goes,,, I can't wait to see what happens this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter