• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Fans-boston Rob/paradise Island

CBS Will Air Wedding of 'Survivors'

14 minutes ago Television - AP

NEW YORK - They fell in love on TV, and their nuptials will be shown on TV.

A two-hour prime-time special on the wedding of Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, who were cast members on CBS' "Survivor All-Stars," will air May 24 (9 p.m. ET), the network announced Tuesday.

"Rob and Amber Get Married" will document the planning, the bachelor and bachelorette parties, and the wedding ceremony, which was held Saturday in the Bahamas.

Mariano proposed to Brkich on the live finale of "Survivor All-Stars" in May 2004. Since she wore a shirt proclaiming, "I (heart) Rob," the answer wasn't in much doubt.

She beat Mariano by just one vote to win the reality show's $1 million prize, but told The Associated Press afterward: "We didn't even care who was going to win. We knew we both had each other for the rest of lives."

"Boston Rob" Mariano earlier appeared on "Survivor: Marquesas." Brkich was first a castaway on "Survivor: The Australian Outback." They are now contestants on the seventh season of CBS' "The Amazing Race."

Along with being Disney obsessed I also have a small TV obsessin. So on top of DIS-ing I also am a TWOPer and here is a post from someone who was at the wedding.

I tried to speed read the past several pages so forgive me if I forget anything and also forgive me for not being able to spill a lot of scoop!

The wedding was SPECTACULAR - although only 50 or so people were expected to RSVP, nearly 200 did so it turned out much larger than Amber planned or expected. It was still very nice and not a circus. The wedding was at The Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It wasn't there because of one of the trips won on TAR, it was planned there from the beginning. I can't say who was there, what the colors were, or anything like that- sorry!

Hope that's everything and I hope I don't get my hand slapped for posting this because it's technically off topic. To stay on topic - GO AMBER AND ROB!

Off to sleep for a bit. zzzzzzzz
The wedding was April 16th.

~Amanda

AreleneSP, going Sept 11 looking so forward to it.

Just can't keep up with allt he boards anymore. Am an avid susvisor forum reader and AR boards reader. Now this thread is a must every day... :rotfl:

I could not be happier by tonight's AR ending!! Don't want to spoil it for those on the west coast. This was a very good episode. Annmarie

This was an amazing episode of the AR. The only thing that really bothered me was Kelly's comment to Ron on the previews for next week about how he got out of the military by being a POW. All I can say is omg.

Kris

kris1973 said:
This was an amazing episode of the AR. The only thing that really bothered me was Kelly's comment to Ron on the previews for next week about how he got out of the military by being a POW. All I can say is omg.

Kris

Kris--that comment bothered me as well!!!

Awww...you guys are KILLING this west coast gal!!!!! I'm dying to know what's going on...still have some time to wait before it airs. UGH!!!!!

kris1973 said:

Kris

OMG....my heart dropped when she said that. That was awful. But we shall see in next weeks episode...if that is how/when it was said. But if it was said in the way in which that commercial showed it....that girl needs some serious help!!!!!
Bobbi

Hey Andy! Long time no see....
USA today did a nice article on Meridith and Gretchen. I'm so glad . they are so sweet.
I DVR'd tonights episode so won't get to see it til tomorrow. Ran AI first.
Now we all know why Rob and Amber were in Nassau.
Anybody wonder what the contestants and their families think of them and some of the garbage that comes out of their mouths when they see these episodes? :sad2:

Just watched it...two things....

1) Joyce = WOW!!!!

2) I don't care how they edit, Kelly's POW comment was WAY out of line. No one attempts to get themselves out of the military by becoming captured by the enemy. I completely remember those first 5 or so folks who were POWs and I remember Ron. They all looked very scared and Kelly's comment was so out of line, especially since no matter how you look at it, our military folks are still fighting a WAR!!!!!! She should be ashamed and given that we still have military folks in harms way, the network should have taken the high road and not even bothered to air the comment.

Okay, I feel better now..... :flower:

I felt bad that Joyce and Uchenna didn't win any prize after coming in first and with her having her head shaved and all they should have got something.

Yes, I was disappointed too that there wasn't anything for them for getting first place...but I guess that's how it goes! I'll admit, I got teary-eyed when he started chopping her hair!

Anyone else notice the look on Rob's face when he found out they were THIRD!! Not tooo happy.

As for the Kelly and Ron, she doesn't make some very "Beauty Queen" comments. Her opinion of Ron is definately one that he is beneath her. Didn't she call him a white trash red neck a few weeks ago? I think their disfunctional relationship will knock them out of the race before the end.

SO happy for Meredith and Gretchen - they are really amazing! And Joyce, you go girl, she looked great with no hair!!! :)

I hope this post doesn't ruin the show for any of those who DVR'd it. Sorry!

:blush:

The onlything I will miss about team that was eliminated is their facial expressions when Rob and Amber would pass or beat them in something...... I hope everyone has seen the episode by now...
I did not hear somment made by Kelly, but sounds like next week is a must see.
You go Joyce! You looked stunning with your style. They had a detour like that last AR also, and no one took it.

I am a Survivor fan and I like the AR. I saw them in today’s paper. I hope they have many years of happiness. :bride: pirate:

CaribGirl said:
They had a detour like that last AR also, and no one took it.

Actually, someone took the fast forward but they chose not to cut their hair and went back to the begining of that leg of the race. It was the 2 models...the guy with the blonde curly hair and I can't remember what his girlfriend looked like, they were WAY to into their looks to have done that and they said that their hair is what got them modeling gigs...

I was crying with Joyce while she was cutting her hair! Props to her, I think it is awesome!! She looked beautiful bald!!!

Yes, you are right, It was Brandon and Nicole. Well for a million $$$ how many modeling jobs do they have to take? Kudos to Joyce. She looks beautiful. Uchenna got off easy!!! :)

All I have to say is it had better be Meredith and Gretchen or Uchenna and Joyce that win!!!! :banana:
I just can't stand Rob/Amber and Ron/Kelly!
Kelly shows her awful true-self more every week! :rolleyes:
and Joyce looks great!!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter