Survivor Fans-boston Rob/paradise Island

what a beautiful wedding. :bride: :groom: You could feel the down to earth, true love they share for each other. So exciting, but a little sad....this may be the last we see of them. Rob is just too funny..."you're born with rhythm"!!! What an amazing decorator he is though!! ;) Do you think a stylist lent a hand or two in putting their home together? My DH would not have had a clue....candles?... throw pillows?....I don't think so.
Many happy years to them......

I haven't been on this board in a while and I'm soo mad cause I missed the wedding. :guilty: I came into work today and a co-worker (an Amazing Race fan but not an R&A fan) told me she ended up watching it and how did I like it, I was like :earseek: I missed it. :sad2: This is worse than me missing the CSI season finale, cause atleast that will eventually repeat. darn it!

LiserAnn said:
Great video clip. Uchenna speaks about how they were pleading with the gate attendant to call the pilot and how he went crazy in that airport because they couldn't get on a flight....all of which was edited out!

If Rob implied there was something fishy then he's probably heard of the rumormill going around different discussion boards and is feeding the hype. There were good things that happened to R&A during the race (like pilots letting them on too) that if someone wanted to call fishy could....he's just gonna have some fun with this! That's his personality!!

I was at the taping of Live with Regis and Kelly at Disney World 2 weeks ago and Rob did bring this up. The funny thing is I had just basically said the same thing to my mom. It's too fishy that American Airlines pulled the plane away from the gate and then brought it back. When has anyone ever seen this done? Of course if they didn't and only Rob and Amber were on the plane to Miami, then the race was over and no one could have ever caught up.

Susie51 said:
I'm glad U & J won! I also had tears in my eyes. Uchenna said the race brought them closer together. I'm happy for them. I hope invitro works for them.

I don't think the race was fixed at the airport. I've been able to get on a plane at the last minute without standby. I had a ticket for a different time same destination and saw the boarding sign flashing for the earlier flight as I was walking to my ticketed flight. The attendant at the gate called the pilot and they let me board.

By having places where people can "catch up," it keeps the race interesting. If the couple that came in first always had the lead, potentially they could gain a huge lead and there wouldn't be an exciting finish.

I've enjoyed this thread and all the inside information. We'll be watching R&A's wedding too. I'm glad they were in it until the last show of AR.

:cheer2: :love1: :cheer2: :love1: :cheer2:

I know standby can be done at the last minute, I have done it numerous times and my parents just did it a few weeks ago on Jetblue. However, the plane had disengaged and pulled away, door closed. There is no way that the plane would go back to the gate, reattached and open the door to let a passenger on, especially one that's not ticketed for the flight. I wonder if there is a fee for this for the airline.
To me it clearly shows that the producers of AR got the plane back to the gate to keep the race going and have it end in Miami where it was supposed to. If U & J didn't get on the plane, then the race would have been over as they couldn't have caught up in Miami.
Rob mentioned something when I saw him at the Regis and Kelly taping 2 weeks ago at Disney World about when have any of us seen a plane pull away ready to go and then go back to the gate for a passenger. He made mention of us writing to American.
I agree with the other poster, if this is normal procedure for American Airlines, then God help the over the next few months when they tell people they don't do this.
I may just have to write American Airlines and see their official policy on this subject, might be interesting.

Oh my gosh am I jealous!! I think I would have kidnapped that hottie!! When I watched the wedding last night I was just excited that I had been there on the cruise, but to actually meet him!!!

When they were on the Tonight Show Amber implied that there will be other shows for them. She said that while people are interested they will consider all of the offers.

lbgraves said:
When they were on the Tonight Show Amber implied that there will be other shows for them. She said that while people are interested they will consider all of the offers.

I guess that makes sense, strike while the iron is hot as they say. Anybody notice how he said that thanks to his mom and dad they now had a house. Does that mean that Rob's parents paid for it?

cjsmith said:
I know standby can be done at the last minute, I have done it numerous times and my parents just did it a few weeks ago on Jetblue. However, the plane had disengaged and pulled away, door closed. There is no way that the plane would go back to the gate, reattached and open the door to let a passenger on, especially one that's not ticketed for the flight. I wonder if there is a fee for this for the airline.
To me it clearly shows that the producers of AR got the plane back to the gate to keep the race going and have it end in Miami where it was supposed to. If U & J didn't get on the plane, then the race would have been over as they couldn't have caught up in Miami.
Rob mentioned something when I saw him at the Regis and Kelly taping 2 weeks ago at Disney World about when have any of us seen a plane pull away ready to go and then go back to the gate for a passenger. He made mention of us writing to American.
I agree with the other poster, if this is normal procedure for American Airlines, then God help the over the next few months when they tell people they don't do this.
I may just have to write American Airlines and see their official policy on this subject, might be interesting.

I agree with the conspiracy theorists on this one. There's NO way the producers did not intervene using the AR / AA relationship.

Having said all of that, anyone writing to American Airlines will probably get something along the lines of, "It's the pilot's prerogative". Bulldinky.

cjsmith said:
There is no way that the plane would go back to the gate, reattached and open the door to let a passenger on, especially one that's not ticketed for the flight.

Ah, but there have been several posters report that this DOES indeed happen. Of course, if you really want a good conspiracy, maybe those posters are really CBS employees :rotfl:

As for not being ticketed, I believe that was also answered earlier - we just did not get to see that part due to editing.

IMHO, it was not rigged (a VERY risky thing to do), but I certainly agree with those who think that the presence of camera crew etc probably had an influence on the gate attendants. Who knows, maybe the pilot is an AR fan, or he hates Rob/Boston/Survivor! :teeth:

Just my .02
Mike

Wow! I TIVOed the wedding and it was sooooooooooo beautiful......R & A's gifts to each other were so moving and wonderful....we went to the Atlantis twice last year and I agree that it's great there! It was so wonderful to see the grounds again!

I guess we will have to go back soon! :cool1:

:flower: Just stunning. I was crying when she gave him that gift. My husband would love something like that. Nice Ft. Myers shots BTW!
The wedding was simply stunning. She just seems like such a nice person. I really enjoyed watching them get married. I noticed one couple from AR at the wedding, the mean karate couple. Anyone notice anyone else?

I was looking for the other survivor & AR people too but didn't see anyone else specifically.

cjsmith said:
I guess that makes sense, strike while the iron is hot as they say. Anybody notice how he said that thanks to his mom and dad they now had a house. Does that mean that Rob's parents paid for it?

thought. I seem to recall hearing Rob mention something to the effect that his mom and dad had built the house I think with the intention that they would move into it, but hadn't at that point of the show. They both seem to be so close to their families. Pensacola is not around the corner from Beaver, and Boston....I wonder if they will be "snowbirds"?
Rob's up close interview at Atlantis had him wearing the same bright red shirt he had on the day we met him...( march 11th) I wonder if the camera crew was there also. :scratchin :boat:

Maybe an Apprentice show for Romber!!! Or American Idol. :rotfl2:
I am glad they are having fun with it. It seems like they know their good fortune and they are definelty striking the iron when it is hot. I saw the weeding too, and you bet I would have gone all the way if CBS was picking the tab. I did enjoy Amber choosing a simple gown created by a local designer, all the while I am sure she could have had a Vera Wang or something like that. It shows that they are down to earth people. And yes, no matter how much Rob wants to "decorate" his house, I am sure they had multiple designers there to "throw" things in a weekends worth of time... The magic of television.
All in all I enjoyed the marriage show so much more than the other couple from The Batchelor.

Hey everyone. Just found this board. You guys sound great. I am not a Rob & Amber fan at all, but LOVE The Amazing Race. They are taking the Survivor mentality and using it in The Amazing Race and to me this just taints the best show ever. By using all of the locals to do all of their tasks (even though it was within the guidelines of the rules) it just shows me that THEY did not run the race, all of the locals did. They did not have to endure the mental exhaustion than the other racers had to endure. Survivor was shown in all of the countries that they traveled to. They never had to worry about money because the locals helped them with that as well. I hope that CBS nevers decides to include another reality show contestant into this fabulous show.

On a more lighter note, anyone that is interested, there is a great TAR website called TARflies.com. There are also many interviews from past racers who discuss their experiences during the race. The people on those boards are a lot of fun. Enjoy!

KonaKini said:
Hey everyone. Just found this board. You guys sound great. I am not a Rob & Amber fan at all, but LOVE The Amazing Race. They are taking the Survivor mentality and using it in The Amazing Race and to me this just taints the best show ever. By using all of the locals to do all of their tasks (even though it was within the guidelines of the rules) it just shows me that THEY did not run the race, all of the locals did. They did not have to endure the mental exhaustion than the other racers had to endure. Survivor was shown in all of the countries that they traveled to. They never had to worry about money because the locals helped them with that as well. I hope that CBS nevers decides to include another reality show contestant into this fabulous show.

On a more lighter note, anyone that is interested, there is a great TAR website called TARflies.com. There are also many interviews from past racers who discuss their experiences during the race. The people on those boards are a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Welcome to the DIS and thanks for the website information. Annmarie

Rob is the ultimate "street smarts." I would definitely "kill" my DH if we did the AR! The stress of constantly being lost, the lack of sleep and the scary challenges would be so tough! I appreciated the way that R&A were so nice to each other....I loved their wedding!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter