SURPRISE!.......You forgot the WHAT!? A November 1st-11th 2012 TR* BIG UPDATE!!2/3

I'm in!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! :hyper:

:wave: Welcome Brooke!

I looked and could not find ur second update am I missing something

I only have the one update, that's Petals that has 2.

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it. My dream is to be able to go to the World in November! We'll be at AoA in August. Maybe you'll have some tips/advice/ photos!?!

Kelly

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:wave: Welcome! I'll give a few tips right now; there is little storage space (3 little drawers). The laundry area is weird, 5 washers to 12 dryers:confused3 and the top row of dryers is so high, that I couldn't reach into them and I'm 5'6. And the food court says it's open from 6am to midnight, but breakfast doesn't get served until 7am.
I'll have loads of pictures of a LM room in about the 3rd update or so. Two different rooms......;)

:thumbsup2I'm in! Can't wait to read more!!

:wave: Welcome!

So glad to see that you started your TR! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :yay:

rndmr2 said:
So glad to see that you started your TR! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :yay:

:wave: Thanks! It was a doozy.

Tiggerrn2 said:
I'd love to read along. I know I've enjoyed an earlier report of yours as well.

:wave: Thank you, I'm glad to hear that.

I'm here, too! I really enjoyed your last trip reports and look forward to reading this one!

I had a time figuring out how to post the links on my first page, but maybe I can help you now that I've figured it out! As soon as you post a message and the computer redirects you to the new post you just copy that web address and use the Insert Link button (it looks like a little earth) that's right next to the Insert Image button to put the link to your post. The part that stays highlighted after you paste is where you put whatever title you want to use. I can't tell you how long I played with the computer trying to figure this out!

I'm here! Leaving in 5 days staying across the way at Pop be will be visiting AoA :))

JAMIESMITH said:
I'm here, too! I really enjoyed your last trip reports and look forward to reading this one!

I had a time figuring out how to post the links on my first page, but maybe I can help you now that I've figured it out! As soon as you post a message and the computer redirects you to the new post you just copy that web address and use the Insert Link button (it looks like a little earth) that's right next to the Insert Image button to put the link to your post. The part that stays highlighted after you paste is where you put whatever title you want to use. I can't tell you how long I played with the computer trying to figure this out!

:wave: Hi! I'm glad to see you here again!
I am so bad at learning that kind of stuff. I have to play around this week! Thanks!

Allieran3 said:
I'm here! Leaving in 5 days staying across the way at Pop be will be visiting AoA :))

:wave: Welcome! Awww I'm jealous. Definitely go check it out. I love the cars area the best!

Joining in! I love how you surprised your daughter by telling her the trip would be a year later - awesome idea! Looking forward to reading more :)

I'm in! Page 4 already, sheesh! :rotfl: I've read your TRs in the past. Looking forward to the sassy princess Kadence! :thumbsup2

Joining in! I love how you surprised your daughter by telling her the trip would be a year later - awesome idea! Looking forward to reading more :)

:waving: Welcome! I was great to be able to talk about it, even include her in the conversation about things, all the while having her think that it was about next year. :rotfl:

I'm in! Page 4 already, sheesh! :rotfl: I've read your TRs in the past. Looking forward to the sassy princess Kadence! :thumbsup2

:waving: Welcome!! Oh, my sassy girl is in fine form.princess:

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for so much, and while I think I do take some things for granted, I think by showing my children I'm thankful for those things, they will be as well.

If you like to see any of the planning, and everything leading up, you can check out my PTR, link is below,

November 1st!
Yes! I was too excited to sleep. John was apparently in the same boat as we were up at at’em by 5am. We were kinda giggly and just waiting until 6:30 to wake up Kadence to get her ready for school.

She was under the impression that she had an eye appt that day, so she was excited to get out of school for a bit. She asked quite a few times if she was going back, and would she miss lunch. I just told her it would depend on how the day went and that I would make sure she got something to eat.

If you could just be in my mind, even going back over it, it is soooo funny! I think I just smiled like a goofball the whole time. :lmao:

She was up, ready, and off to school by 7:40. I got the chance to throw that last minute things in the bags, (should paid closer attention to what I grabbed) :rolleyes1 but more on that later....

John put on his very important part of the surprise. His “We’re going to Disney World!” shirt that I made a few years back. Kadence knows that he only wears that shirt on the day we leave. I knew the second she seen it, she’d know.
John loaded the truck with our luggage, and at 8:45 we headed up to the school to pick her up for her “eye appt” John waited outside, while I went in to sign her out. She was waiting in the office, and we headed to the front doors to leave, and my eagle eye child, (she’s having trouble seeing the board at school, she squints to see the clock about the TV at home, and we know she will probably will be getting glasses at her real eye appt on Tuesday,) seen her Daddy’s shirt through the double doors! I barely got my phone on to start recording her reaction!
John had the camcorder, and I didn’t want him to miss her comments!

Disclaimer: I think she says crap 100 times in this video. I don’t allow my child to say crap. I can even say with total embarrassment, that I know where she hears it…..Me. I could say worse things. If I hear her say it, which really is rarely…….around me…. I shut her down, which you will hear me do. Just watching it back, she says I yelled at her. I’ll leave that to you, but I didn’t!!

Click here - http://youtu.be/ECrNjzg8C8E

She was shocked, and it was pretty funny to see her close the door in my face, Lets Go!

IMG_0209.jpg

I wish we could have recorded while we were driving. She was talking a mile minute, she re-asked where we were staying, and was so in unbelief that she was going to meet Claire (Jen’s DD), who she thinks is famous because she’s on the computer. She asked if she could meet another girl, Katie (Janet’s DD), who she thinks is famous as well. She was bummed that Katie was a no, but like all children rebounded very quickly, when she it was confirmed that Yes, she could still get a Yetti like Katie has if she rode EE.

The drive to the airport wasn’t bad, it actually went quickly, as quick as 2 ½ hours can go. We flew out of Milwaukee’s Mitchell Field. We got to Exec Park,(across the street from the airport) which is wayyyy cheaper than the airport, and includes shuttle to and from your gates, and on your return have your car is running, cleared off if it had snowed, plus 24 hour security. Plus I got a coupon for a free day!

We flew Southwest for the first time, so after finding our direction we needed to go, headed towards security. I have to say WOW, was the SW area, soooo different that the Airtran area. In the past the security lines were huge bottle necks, huge crowds, and very hard to get yourself gathered after going through the scanners.

We got to the security area towards SW, and it was empty.

Crickets were heard.

I actually was wondering for a second if we were in the right area.
The TSA lady was kind! Smiling! Chatting with Kadence. Listened to how this was a surprise!
We cruised through the scanners, and started to recombobulate….

IMG_0449.jpg

This is the sign above the benches after the scanners. Someone has a sense of humor here.

Once we got our shoes tied, why did I double knot that morning? We head off towards our gate.

Let me back up one second. The day before, I was on FB, checking in to the NOV DIS’ers group, and I found out that another from our group was going to be on the same flight! Kylla and her family were head to WDW and then a cruise. We had informed each other of our relaxed flight wear….yoga pants and t-shirt/sweatshirts so we’d spot each other! LOL

Back to the airport, I was wandering down the hall, taking in the shops, talking about what we should get to eat for lunch, when I heard my name. Kylla was right behind me! It was nice to meet her, and very easy to talk with. We even included those around us in our conversation, because that’s what us Disney people do, and Kylla was able to save another family there on their PP+ package by letting them know it has gone on sale a couple days earlier. We looked up the PP number for her, and $20 saved right there!
We of course took the required picture, with Mickey head shown (the Nov group has a little mascot to help member identify each other if they’d like to meet) her boys were very cute and we enjoyed talking with them.

IMG_0210.jpg

We all went on our ways to have lunch, and check out the Halloween décor
Airline graveyard.

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

Before long it was time to board. Thank-you Kylla for filling me in on how SW works! All I knew what that I had A 20 boarding. I have to say SW has impressed me beyond my expectations. I liked flying Airtran, and would again, but SW will be my first choice now.
We got on board, got our 3 seats in about the 5th row, and waited to take off. It was a full flight, so if you wanted to gate check your bags you were asked to tell an attendant. Also, lots of children going to Disney was part of the announcements. I did hear some cheers. Soon we were taxiing along the runway and off into the blue sky we went!

Bye Wisconsin!!

IMG_0443.jpg

Sorry for the photo quality, these are all from my phone. Better ones to come!

Kadence wants to again do some comments during this TR. But since she’s not here right now, I’ll catch her up later. Be prepared, she has pictures- lots of blurry, funny, pictures of sometimes nothing.

hmmmmmm thank you for posting about the Exec park. we leave in TEN days for our trip, and will be gone 11 days. it may snow while we are gone and if my car is all warm and cozy when i return i am SOLD!!:thumbsup2

Claire and I just read your update. Claire is so excited to be mentioned in the video. I had tears. What a great reaction!
I really like SW too. I loke that they have recharging stations in most airports. That is a huge plus in my book. Now I haven't flown a lot of airlines, but this is the only one I have seen so far with that.

Claire was impressed with snacks onboard. :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear more. I know how parts went, but to hear the whole story is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter