Sunshine Flyer Experiences

Has anyone travelled solo on both Sunshine Flyer and Mears? I'm going to be taking it one way from the airport to the resort and can't figure out if there is any reason I should book one over the other.

Has anyone travelled solo on both Sunshine Flyer and Mears? I'm going to be taking it one way from the airport to the resort and can't figure out if there is any reason I should book one over the other.
Mears took care of magical express for Disney for 15 years. They know what they’re doing. I just used Mears Solo round trip and it was flawless both ways and very professional.

Just Mears, besides it being $2 cheaper rt at the moment, they are well established at MCO. I'm not crazy about using a new service

I got motion sick just reading about this person's experience on Mears Connect:

"It stopped at an off property resort (don't remember which, I wasn't familiar with it), Swan Reserve, YC, BC, CSR, Pop, AoA (there may have been one more? It was late, I was tired) AK Kidani, AK Jambo, then All Stars."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/j...rmation-thread.3567178/page-441#post-63865975
To be fair the poster landed at 1a. It probably made sense having 1 or 2 buses taking care of stragglers.

I wouldn't be surprised, given fuel costs, if buses went out closer to full, making more stops.

To be fair the poster landed at 1a. It probably made sense having 1 or 2 buses taking care of stragglers.

I wouldn't be surprised, given fuel costs, if buses went out closer to full, making more stops.

You're right, but I couldn't do that ride even if it did make sense for the company.

You're right, but I couldn't do that ride even if it did make sense for the company.
I fly SW. I wouldn't go down to level 2, claim my luggage then schlep back up to 3, go to the opposite corner of MCO then down to level 1.

I only took DME when luggage transfer was included.

Re:Luggage at MCO:

We did this last month and didn’t find it to be bad at all and we don’t travel light. ;)

Myself and my daughter. 2 full sized suitcases, 2 carryon suitcases and 2 backpacks.

What I never would have anticipated (as I really liked the convenience of the luggage service) was how nice it would be to have our bags as soon as we got our room assignment.

We arrived at Pop at 11:00 and by 1:30 we’d had lunch, gone to our room and fully unpacked and were on our way to the MK. It was so nice to go back to the room after our day in the park and not need to start unpacking.

There are pros and cons to both but I’m a luggage transfer convert and will now pick up our luggage ourselves even if they bring back luggage services.

Last edited:
There are pros and cons to both but I’m a luggage transfer convert snd will now pick up our luggage ourselves even if they bring back luggage services.
I completely agree with this! On our first trip to WDW with DME, our flight landed at 7pm, and our luggage didn't make it to Pop until midnight. I was sitting in our room with my eyes burning because I couldn't take out my contacts. That experience was neither magical nor express!

I will say when the service first started my luggage sometimes beat us to our room. As time went in our experience was mister line yours @Sabine W.

One of our last trips using DME we landed at 5:00 and our luggage was delivered at 2:30AM (!!) because I asked them to bring it regardless of when it arrived as we needed things for the park the following day.

Going to take it with us now.

I completely agree with this! On our first trip to WDW with DME, our flight landed at 7pm, and our luggage didn't make it to Pop until midnight. I was sitting in our room with my eyes burning because I couldn't take out my contacts. That experience was neither magical nor express!

I found that if I landed after 5 PM it was just better to bring my luggage on the bus with me. I had to call multiple times over the years asking about my luggage and getting it delivered. Often it was after 11 PM with a couple phone calls and once having to walk down to get it from Bell Services myself. And coming from the west coast, the only way I did not get in later in the day was to take the red eye.

We are flying out on a 10AM flight with southwest in July. The website says to select the hour that your plane is departing so our options are 9a-10a or 10a-11a. Because we have two little kids I'm picking the 9am-10am timeslot so we have time to navigate security and everything. However this part concerns me on the checkout page:

Pick-up:Old Key West Resort @ 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Drop-off:Orlando International Airport (MCO) @ 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Obviously we can't be dropped off at the airport the same hour that the flight arrives AND make the flight.

Am I just assuming we will be picked up around 7am?

We are flying out on a 10AM flight with southwest in July. The website says to select the hour that your plane is departing so our options are 9a-10a or 10a-11a. Because we have two little kids I'm picking the 9am-10am timeslot so we have time to navigate security and everything. However this part concerns me on the checkout page:

Pick-up:Old Key West Resort @ 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Drop-off:Orlando International Airport (MCO) @ 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Obviously we can't be dropped off at the airport the same hour that the flight arrives AND make the flight.

Am I just assuming we will be picked up around 7am?
I believe your assumption is correct.

The exact same thing happened to us... even the contacts situation! The Front Desk at AKL actually got some contact solution for me out of the closed gift shop so I could take them out. It was a lesson learned. Now I always travel with a contact case and a solution in my carry on!

Sometimes airline misdirected luggage got delivered hours late without guests realizing their luggage wasn't on their plane or didn't get off their plane.

Anything you may need same day should be in your carryon bag.

The exact same thing happened to us... even the contacts situation! The Front Desk at AKL actually got some contact solution for me out of the closed gift shop so I could take them out. It was a lesson learned. Now I always travel with a contact case and a solution in my carry on!
Same, had to learn this lesson the hard way as well! My luggage didn’t make the flight once - not at Disney world but when we were visiting friends. The flight came in late, probably around midnight and our friends picked us up and brought us back to their house. No one else wore contacts so I had to sleep with them in because I didn’t even have solution! That burning feeling is awful! Now my glasses, a contacts case, and solution always go in my carry-on, along with any other toiletries that aren’t easily replaceable.

Re:Luggage at MCO:

We did this last month and didn’t find it to be bad at all and we don’t travel light. ;)

Myself and my daughter. 2 full sized suitcases, 2 carryon suitcases and 2 backpacks.

What I never would have anticipated (as I really liked the convenience of the luggage service) was how nice it would be to have our bags as soon as we got our room assignment.

We arrived at Pop at 11:00 and by 1:30 we’d had lunch, gone to our room and fully unpacked and were on our way to the MK. It was so nice to go back to the room after our day in the park and not need to start unpacking.

There are pros and cons to both but I’m a luggage transfer convert and will now pick up our luggage ourselves even if they bring back luggage services.
I never actually used the luggage service, the one time we used magical express I grabbed the bags ourselves because I’ve had enough lost luggage incidences that I know I want to be in control and dealing with any issues right away! I find the bags come out very quickly in Orlando - I think that time our bags were there right after we made it down to the luggage carousel. The rest of my family used the luggage service on that trip (they came in a few days after us) and they didn’t realize the bags wouldn’t come immediately so all the kids wanted to swim but had no bathing suits since they were all packed in their luggage. Those kids were definitely disappointed!

I just have to say we had an AMAZING experience with sunshine flyers. It was me, three kids 5 and under and my mother who needs wheelchair assistance through the airport. Needless to say, it was a bit of an ordeal getting through the airport. They did a great job making sure my mother was taken care of and really went above and beyond. 100% would use them again.

I just have to say we had an AMAZING experience with sunshine flyers. It was me, three kids 5 and under and my mother who needs wheelchair assistance through the airport. Needless to say, it was a bit of an ordeal getting through the airport. They did a great job making sure my mother was taken care of and really went above and beyond. 100% would use them again.
which resort ? how many stops until you got to your resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter