Sunshine Flyer Experiences

which resort ? how many stops until you got to your resort?
We got dropped off at AOA. We were the first one off, I think there were 3 other resorts on our bus. We left from Saratoga. There were only two groups of us on a smaller van, I'm guessing with spring break crowds the buses are stretched thin.

I would expect they would put you on a smaller van whenever possible, namely if a van is available and the number of guests going out and the number of guests coming back are small enough in those time slots.

Just used Sunshine Flyer for the first time with round trip MCO to Old Key West and back again. Awesome experience both ways! Waited about 10 minutes for the bus upon arrival, and we were the first stop out of three…the other two being Riverside and Saratoga. It arrived right on time for return to airport…exactly 3 hours before our flight. Both busses were decorated as trains, but only the arrival bus driver was dressed as a conductor. He was the only one to play a movie; return driver just had a radio station playing. It was only two of us, so very cost effective; probably less so with larger parties. Would definitely use the service again!

Just used Sunshine Flyer for the first time with round trip MCO to Old Key West and back again. Awesome experience both ways! Waited about 10 minutes for the bus upon arrival, and we were the first stop out of three…the other two being Riverside and Saratoga. It arrived right on time for return to airport…exactly 3 hours before our flight. Both busses were decorated as trains, but only the arrival bus driver was dressed as a conductor. He was the only one to play a movie; return driver just had a radio station playing. It was only two of us, so very cost effective; probably less so with larger parties. Would definitely use the service again!
What time of day and day of week was this, please?

Used Sunshine Flyer today to get back to MCO from Saratoga Springs, Monday at 2:00pm. There were only 4 people on the bus. Had no issues, so seems like a good option for smaller groups. They did have some Disney music playing in the background; no movie, which I guess maybe they do on the way to the airport?

I’ve used both Mears and Sunshine Flyer now, and not had an issue with either. I am usually a solo traveler though, so I don’t expect much other than getting from point A to B. For me it would just be a flip of the coin as to what I would book in the future.

Contemplating booking SF for our trip in September, barring any weird arrival times on our end coming from the west coast. Our 2.5 year old loves trains so it seems perfect. We won't be bringing a car seat so I wouldn't want to be stuck being potentially getting put on a can with Mears.

Contemplating booking SF for our trip in September, barring any weird arrival times on our end coming from the west coast. Our 2.5 year old loves trains so it seems perfect. We won't be bringing a car seat so I wouldn't want to be stuck being potentially getting put on a can with Mears.
Sunshine Flyer does occasionally use smaller vehicles if there aren’t many people coming in around the time you are, but most of the time it will be a bus.

We used Sunshine Flyer RT to AKL March 26-April 3. We had excellent communication with them on both legs. When American Airlines delayed our flight on departure day (due to the big storm), I texted Sunshine at 5:30am and received a rely from them at 6:30am with our new bus departure time. It was wonderful that we got a few extra hours in AKL and didn't have to sit in the airport. They got us to our flight with time to spare. Neither bus was crowded (about 2-4 other families). Drivers were very polite and helpful. No movies were played--probably the only disappointment. On the way to MCO the driver told "dad jokes," which my kids loved, though I thought the volume was too loud. It was a very smooth experience overall, and far superior to DME. That said, next time I would consider a Lyft XL, which I believe would be about the same price and faster.

I’ve never checked luggage before going to MCO so I’m not totally familiar with getting to Sunshine Flyer or Mears connect after picking up our luggage. From what I can understand, we land on Jet Blue in Terminal A,
Level 3 and cross over to Terminal B. Take the escalator down to Level 2 to get our luggage then go back up to Level 3 to go back down to Level 1 to get either SF or MC. Is this correct?

I’ve never checked luggage before going to MCO so I’m not totally familiar with getting to Sunshine Flyer or Mears connect after picking up our luggage. From what I can understand, we land on Jet Blue in Terminal A,
Level 3 and cross over to Terminal B. Take the escalator down to Level 2 to get our luggage then go back up to Level 3 to go back down to Level 1 to get either SF or MC. Is this correct?
No. You'll need to go to level 2 of Terminal A first to get your luggage, then go back up to level 3, cross over to the B side, and head down to level 1. Sunshine Flyer is all the way to the left, Mears Connect is all the way to the right (where DME was).

No. You'll need to go to level 2 of Terminal A first to get your luggage, then go back up to level 3, cross over to the B side, and head down to level 1. Sunshine Flyer is all the way to the left, Mears Connect is all the way to the right (where DME was).
Just a note of clarification, right or left for SF depends if you go down using escalator or elevator. We take the elevator so for us SF would be to the right after exiting the elevator.

Last edited:
Has any one used Sunshine Flyer needing to use the wheelchair lift and need assistance through airport? Looking for reviews of service. Travelling in July and not sure which transportation service would be most helpful.

Has any one used Sunshine Flyer needing to use the wheelchair lift and need assistance through airport? Looking for reviews of service. Travelling in July and not sure which transportation service would be most helpful.
Hopefully someone else will answer too but I believe assistance in the airport is offered by the airport services and not the external bus company.

I searched this thread and found the following posts about SF and wheelchairs

https://www.disboards.com/threads/sunshine-flyer-experiences.3869605/page-7#post-63885869

https://www.disboards.com/threads/sunshine-flyer-experiences.3869605/page-4#post-63781843

Last edited:
I made some changes to my upcoming WDW adventure - changed my flight to give me 30 more hours! and had to make changes on all my reservations - including Sunshine Flyer. When I searched my saved e-mails I couldn't find the original confirmation so I went to their website and couldn't find anyplace to log in. UH-OH I thought.. so I emailed them at 11:30pm. I got a response with ALL the changes and info by 6:30am today. :) very very happy

Just a note of clarification, right or left for SF depends if you go down using escalator or elevator. We take the elevator so for us SF would be to the right after exiting the elevator.
Just used SF two weeks ago and they were located at bus bay 3,4, and 5. We were used to DME being inside for check in and lining up, but you have to go outside for SF.

Just used SF two weeks ago and they were located at bus bay 3,4, and 5. We were used to DME being inside for check in and lining up, but you have to go outside for SF.
wonder if the bays change? got my confirmation today:

Once you land at Orlando International Airport, and have your luggage in hand, please continue to Terminal B, Level 1, and proceed outside towards bus bays B5 through B9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter