Sunshine Flyer Experiences

Just booked for a trip from POFQ to MCO. Flight leaves at 6:35pm for a domestic flight. I picked a time for pickup from 3:00-4:00. Should I have chosen maybe 2:00-3:00 instead

You are supposed to pick the time of your flight. (Yes this is redundant but it is what it is. ) Just shoot them an email to clarify the time as they are quick to respond. They pick up 3 1/2 hours before your flight. I did a post trip survey and suggested they fix that confusing aspect of booking.

You are supposed to pick the time of your flight. (Yes this is redundant but it is what it is. ) Just shoot them an email to clarify the time as they are quick to respond. They pick up 3 1/2 hours before your flight. I did a post trip survey and suggested they fix that confusing aspect of booking.
I did email them earlier and got it all set. It definitely isn’t clear. When filling out the form it sounds like they want you to pick a pickup time. Thanks.

we had a 3:50 am pickup at POFQ yesterday for a 8:00 am flight to toronto.Def recommend them;everything went smoothly from start to finish.

When using Sunshine Flyer for the return to the airport can you just bring up your ticket on your phone and have them scan the QR code since we will not have access to a printer for our tickets. We have used them twice but just from MCO to the resorts, not back...smjj

When using Sunshine Flyer for the return to the airport can you just bring up your ticket on your phone and have them scan the QR code since we will not have access to a printer for our tickets. We have used them twice but just from MCO to the resorts, not back...smjj
They didn't even look at any of my paperwork. Driver had a list of who he was picking up at our resort and found our name.

I had a printout of my ticket QR code when I flew down to Orlando and they never looked at it. I also had my QR code printed from before the trip for the return and he didn’t look at it either. I don’t think he even took our name for the return but he might have. We were the only 2 people boarding from Pop century and at the airport we gave our names at the kiosk outside by the busses.

We used Sunshine Flyer for our trip 8/20 - 8/30. Overall it went smoothly and I would definitely use them again. We checked in around 1:40 pm and they were organizing everyone into groups. We waited about 10-15 minutes to load onto a bus and left immediately once loaded. The bus dropped people at the 3 All-Stars in order, we were last at All-Star Movies.

They were handing out little cardboard conductor hats to the kids on our ride from the airport and Sunshine Flyer coloring books with crayons when we arrived back at the airport, very cute. No entertainment on the bus though.

We were emailed and texted the day before our departure scheduling our 8:35 am pickup at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a 12:05 pm flight. Then an hour later we were texted it was rescheduled to 8:45 am. We still made sure we were waiting at 8:35, and the bus pulled up at 8:38. I'm not sure what would have happened if we hadn't gone down there until 8:45. Hopefully they would have waited for us until the time we were told? We picked up at Coronado Springs, Pop Century and Art of Animation before heading to the airport and arrived with plenty of time for our flight.

I recommend confirming your airport return time by responding to the text.

I received the departure scheduling text at 9 pm on 8/4 for an 8/6 2:30 pm departure. On 8/6 our party of 4 was waiting outside of Kidani by 2 pm. At 3 pm I texted to find out the reason for the delay. I had heard of the early arrivals for the return trips, so the delay was a concern. Our reservation was cancelled in error. I did not receive any notification of the cancellation. Long story short, we were told to arrange our own transportation to the airport as the next Sunshine Flyer bus would be too late to make our flight. Huge SHOUT OUT to the Disney Cast Members who assisted us with transportation.

If I ever use Sunshine Flyer again I will confirm my departure closer to the return time stated to make sure I am still on the schedule. I strongly suggested to Sunshine Flyer that all cancellations should result in automated emails/texts to the reservation holder so that there is time to correct any errors.

Last edited:
... Our reservation was cancelled in error. I did not receive any notification of the cancellation ...
Before your next trip it would be worth writing them, posing the question, ""Last time my bus did not show up as expected and someone said that my reservation got cancelled without my knowledge. What should I do to prevent having to arrange last minute alternate transportation again?"" Don't make suggestions, "should I do such and such" to kibitz them; let them speak off the top of their head.

Last edited:
We took Sunshine Flyer to Swan Reserve for our trip last week. Overall the experience was smooth, however from exiting the plane to getting to the hotel took about 2 hours. We did not have to wait for any checked luggage. We waited about 20-25 minutes for the buses to arrive, and then were dropped off last after 4 other resorts (just bad luck) - this was for a flight arrival of 6:40pm to MCO, got to the hotel about 8:45. The wait was outside (it was fairly hot and humid) - there was no seating or anything, but the employees were handing out stickers & cardboard hats to the kids trying to make the best of it. Luckily, we had snacks for the kiddos, so that kept them quiet for most of the time. For whatever reason, the two TVs in the row we sat in were not working properly. Overall not an issue.

We did not need the QR code - they just manually took down our info and reservation number on a paper ledger.

The return trip to MCO was good - the bus arrived on-time, and the driver called me when he noticed we were not standing in the bus area around the back of the building (we were walking to it). We were last to be picked up, so we went straight to the airport. Overall it was probably 35 minutes or so.

Ultimately, I think I will book a private transfer next time, to save some of time spent in the bus. Nothing against Sunshine Flyer - the difference between private and bus isn't that much based on our group size, and I'd rather save a potential hour of time waiting to get to the resort based on drop-off/pick-up order.

We took SF from POFQ to MCO in August. It was seamless. We had a 5:45am pick up for our 8:35am flight. Yeah, it was early but I knew that when I made the flight plans. We were the 2nd (and last) pick up, traveled in a very nice multi-passenger van (don't know if it was 12 or 15 passengers). We were there in plenty of time for our flight. I am traveling to Disney alone in November and will use SF again for the trip back to MCO.

Just got back from a trip using Sunshine Flyer. Going to the resort was great. The bus going to Boardwalk was just about ready to leave, so they held it and got us on it, so we waited all of 30 seconds to board a bus.

Returning is a different story. We were scheduled to leave during the hurricane on 9/29. We got our flights rescheduled to 4 PM on 9/30. I contacted Sunshine Flyer via phone with no return call and then was emailing them. They initially changed my return ride to 10/1 even though I had said we would now be departing 9/30. And then they announced that they would resume service on 9/30 at 2 PM which would be too late for us. Oh and our email was that they had still not created a schedule for that day. On the morning of 9/30, I lost all faith in them when I still did not have return time yet. And then about 11 AM getting an email that due to the hurricane that they would not be resuming service until 10/1. This left me in a panic about our return to the airport, but we ended up getting an UBER and that was fine. A little more money, but was so worth it at this point.

Not sure if I will try using Sunshine Flyer again. The ride to the resort was great. And I know the hurricane was out of their hands, but it seemed like I had to ask questions to get responses and then was left with no ride at the last minute.

Just got back from a trip using Sunshine Flyer. Going to the resort was great. The bus going to Boardwalk was just about ready to leave, so they held it and got us on it, so we waited all of 30 seconds to board a bus.

Returning is a different story. We were scheduled to leave during the hurricane on 9/29. We got our flights rescheduled to 4 PM on 9/30. I contacted Sunshine Flyer via phone with no return call and then was emailing them. They initially changed my return ride to 10/1 even though I had said we would now be departing 9/30. And then they announced that they would resume service on 9/30 at 2 PM which would be too late for us. Oh and our email was that they had still not created a schedule for that day. On the morning of 9/30, I lost all faith in them when I still did not have return time yet. And then about 11 AM getting an email that due to the hurricane that they would not be resuming service until 10/1. This left me in a panic about our return to the airport, but we ended up getting an UBER and that was fine. A little more money, but was so worth it at this point.

Not sure if I will try using Sunshine Flyer again. The ride to the resort was great. And I know the hurricane was out of their hands, but it seemed like I had to ask questions to get responses and then was left with no ride at the last minute.
Have you been in contact with them re a refund of your fare for that return leg?

Hey all, just a quick question for those who have done this before. If I am doing a split stay at two Disney resorts, I assume I have to book two one way tickets for Sunshine Flyer, rather than a round trip? As the form assumes same hotel for pickup/dropoff.

Thanks!

Hey all, just a quick question for those who have done this before. If I am doing a split stay at two Disney resorts, I assume I have to book two one way tickets for Sunshine Flyer, rather than a round trip? As the form assumes same hotel for pickup/dropoff.

Thanks!

Correct! It will be 2 one way trips. I had a split stay booked in March (that I ended up having to cancel) and I emailed Sunshine Flyer for guidance and was advised to do it as to one way trips.

Received a Sunshine Flyer email if anyone is still planning transportation for their upcoming trips and is interested:

Black Friday shopping starts now.
Enjoy 22% off all tickets** now through November 28th.
Use code MAGIC22 at checkout!
**Applies to new purchases only
I've used their service once and it was a pretty good experience (from MCO to resort - we just did the one way).

I'm thinking about using them for our upcoming Christmas trip. I know everyone's experiences have been variable, but with 2 kids, our Uber/Lyft bills are much more than the current SF promotion. I did an estimate and it came out to $40.56 for us all.

Last trip we only used Uber and we needed the XL due to kids and 1 booster seat.

I like the idea of Uber - knowing specifically when you are getting picked up and it's just you. However, I figure things will be extra nuts and expensive during Christmas. We are also arriving late just before 9pm (if no delays).

Just looking for suggestions from people who have used the service or if you have kids and used the service. If I have to spend more for Uber or Lyft I will to save hours of time. However, if we think SF will have more buses/employees due to holidays, then it might be worth the big savings.

Thanks!

I'm thinking about using them for our upcoming Christmas trip. I know everyone's experiences have been variable, but with 2 kids, our Uber/Lyft bills are much more than the current SF promotion. I did an estimate and it came out to $40.56 for us all.

Last trip we only used Uber and we needed the XL due to kids and 1 booster seat.

I like the idea of Uber - knowing specifically when you are getting picked up and it's just you. However, I figure things will be extra nuts and expensive during Christmas. We are also arriving late just before 9pm (if no delays).

Just looking for suggestions from people who have used the service or if you have kids and used the service. If I have to spend more for Uber or Lyft I will to save hours of time. However, if we think SF will have more buses/employees due to holidays, then it might be worth the big savings.

Thanks!
Private service including ride share and car service should get you to WDW in about 45 minutes.
You have to assume 2 hours for shared shuttle. Less if you're lucky more if you're not. Is the savings enough for an extra hour or so?

Private service including ride share and car service should get you to WDW in about 45 minutes.
You have to assume 2 hours for shared shuttle. Less if you're lucky more if you're not. Is the savings enough for an extra hour or so?
I agree, just concerned there will also be a wait for Uber since it's Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter