Sunshine Flyer Experiences

I booked SF for July round trip on Sunday, using the discount code, which brought it to $51. I need to send them an email with the Southwest flight numbers. I did know the times, arriving at 5:55 PM and leaving at 8:55 PM. I did choose 6-7 for arrival which shouldn’t be a problem. But also chose 8-9 PM for arrival and would like for them to know the flight number so that they know the exact time. It’s not that big a deal, but I’m staying at All Star Sports the first night, then move to Old Key West for the rest of the stay. I do have a park reservation for Magic Kingdom the night of arrival and I’d like to know what timeframe I’m looking at when arriving at airport at 5:55 and eventually arriving at All Star Sports? If it’s much later than 7:30, we probably won’t go to the Parks that night but take advantage of early park entry the next morning.
Just clarifying, you chose 8-9 PM for departure, correct?

Personally, with a flight arrival time if 5:55PM I’d start our park days the following day. I plan on 2 hours from landing to resort arrival. Sometimes it’s less but often not. By the time you arrive, drop your luggage in your room snd arrive at the MK there’s a good chance it will be 9 PM or later.

I considered taking an Uber from the airport to save time. We have an 18 day stay so going on the first day for 2 hours isn’t a priority, particularly for 2 hours or less. I originally booked a flight leaving at 5:45 AM and getting to MCO at 9 but it wouldn’t be a pleasant experience getting my 14 year old up at 3 AM On the last day, I switched from a 2 PM departure to 8:55 PM to make up for it.

That's why I decided to book one way with each, plus thought it would be kind of fun! :)

We're going to go to the resort on Sunshine, and return with Mears.

Chose Mears for our return since when booking Mears determines the time you'll be picked up, whereas Sunshine the way I was reading it you had to decide the hour timeframe yourself. Not knowing how many resorts they're stopping at and what end of the hour you're being picked up at, I found it hard to choose. I figured it might mean either waiting at MCO for four hours or cutting it really close.

Unless I'm misunderstanding it??
You tell them your flight times and they figure it out from there and send you the pickup time. Couple of weeks ago it was great. Maybe a little sooner than we wanted to leave, but glad we did, airline lines were ridiculous. it was almost 3 hours before flight. 8:45 flight, 5:35 pickup with one stop after us.

Can anyone tell me where you get dropped off on the return to the airport- and if there are skycap services available? I thought I saw a bus return/unload right next to where we got on on the ground floor. We have my father-in- law with us and he needs assistance. Any help/advice is appreciated!

Does anyone know if CSR and POP Resort are on the same bus departing from MCO and returning from resorts to MCO? My daughter and granddaughter are staying at one resort, and we are at the other. But we are all on the same flights arriving and departing from MCO.

Does anyone know if CSR and POP Resort are on the same bus departing from MCO and returning from resorts to MCO? My daughter and granddaughter are staying at one resort, and we are at the other. But we are all on the same flights arriving and departing from MCO.

It probably varies hour by hour on how they load busses based on all arrivals around that time period.

It probably varies hour by hour on how they load busses based on all arrivals around that time period.
We are at the airport now. Wanted to say how pleased we were with Sunshine Flyer. Drop off coming from the airport was very easy and did not take long. Driver was great. We had 4 resorts to go to, but we were dropped off first.

On the way back. We had 5 resorts (though Kidani/Jambo house are closed enough to be one!). People were not waiting or had gotten on an earlier bus from ASMu. So we were a little delayed because we had to stop and try to find them, then call to find out they had already left! But we were at the airport with plenty of time.

The staff was friendly and kind, and emailed right away in response to any questions I had. The only minor complaint I had was needing a wheelchair and a skycap to help us with bags. We had to call the airport- and do it from the bus once we hit airport property. And the people dispatching them were not so kind and friendly! Our guy was great. So it made up for it, but having to wait for that ate the time up quickly.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if they are going to add Swan/Dolphin at some point? I looked into the service but it appears they do not go to either of those resorts.

Thanks

Does anyone know if they are going to add Swan/Dolphin at some point? I looked into the service but it appears they do not go to either of those resorts.

Thanks
It should be added now. I e-mailed them early last week and they were planning to start allowing bookings this past Thursday for travel beginning this Monday (6/27).

It should be added now. I e-mailed them early last week and they were planning to start allowing bookings this past Thursday for travel beginning this Monday (6/27).
Thank you for the information. It made my daughter's day. She so much wanted to try their service out on our last trip in March but it didn't go to Swan/Dolphin, but now that it does we may give it a try.

I think I will try them in August if they're still around - I have a quick weekend in July but I have a 6:30 am return and they won't pick me up early enough for that.

Now I am super concerned. This YouTuber just came back form WDW and used sunshine flyers. She had to wait 25 minutes after check in for the bus to arrive. She was the 6th stop out of 7and it took her 90 min to get to her hotel. So basically 2 hours from check-in to resort. That is crazy.

Anyone with recent similar experiences?

We just had an amazing experience with Sunshine Flyer. The bus was waiting for us when we got out of the airport and they picked us up a little early to take us back (we stayed at POFQ). I would highly recommend them.

Now I am super concerned. This YouTuber just came back form WDW and used sunshine flyers. She had to wait 25 minutes after check in for the bus to arrive. She was the 6th stop out of 7and it took her 90 min to get to her hotel. So basically 2 hours from check-in to resort. That is crazy.

Anyone with recent similar experiences?
On the Sunshine Flyer website, it says the wait time for a bus is no longer than 20 minutes, and the ride takes no longer than 65 minutes. How are you totalling 2 hours? When she gave the 90-minute total, she was including the initial waiting time. It seems as if she basically hit the maximums, and while it doesn't sound like a perfect experience, it didn't seem terrible, either.

On the Sunshine Flyer website, it says the wait time for a bus is no longer than 20 minutes, and the ride takes no longer than 65 minutes. How are you totalling 2 hours? When she gave the 90-minute total, she was including the initial waiting time. It seems as if she basically hit the maximums, and while it doesn't sound like a perfect experience, it didn't seem terrible, either.
She said she was inside the bus for 90 min. Wait for the bus 24 min. Total 2 hours

How long after your boarded the bus you reached your resort ? How many stops?
We were the first resort to get dropped off and the last resort to get picked up. The bus was literally half empty picking us up and taking us back. I would say we landed in the airport around 10:00am and we were eating in the food court at POFQ already at 11:20am ish.

Not the OP, but I watched the review as I found it pretty concerning. Although this vlogger was very patient and kind about it, she was also very clear that they waited 24 mins. in the unorganized ourside heat and then were on the bus for another 90 mins. This review is giving us serious pause on trying the service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter