Summer 2017 room only and package special offers dropped

My TA e-mailed me about this deal this morning. We are booked at Pop right now with the one CS meal per day deal that came out earlier this year. The quote she gave me with the new discount was actually higher once we added the QS meal plan. Once I estimated what we spend paying for a second qs meal and some snacks it turned out the original deal we had was better so we did not change the reservation. We are still hoping for a free dining release.

Congratulations to all who saved a bunch on this new discount.
Same here....we booked with the free counter service a day and upgraded to the regular dining plan. Under the discounts that came out today - our Pop visit with all things the same would cost $600 more. Ummmm. No thank you.

The discounts are terrible. They keep getting lower and lower each year.

That, in addition to the fact that prices go up every year, including tickets, not just the room prices and dining plan.

Its ridiculous in my opinion.

Aug 1-8th. Cabins, family with 5 kids. Little over $650 off. All three deals are the same exact discount.

Saved over $1800 on a 12 night stay in a 2 BR villa at SSR in August. The savings also factored in an upgrade from water park fun and more tickets to park hopper plus tickets for 5 days for 4 adults and a child. Not bad considering I was paying CBR rate for SSR due to a complimentary resort switch from the construction so the $1800 is off of the already reduced rate I was paying for SSR.

Can you add tickets and dining? Or are these for only the room and you can't add on tickets to make it a package. When I get to the cart page, nothing is happening when I hit add tickets. We are already booked at POFQ and I know it's not included but I wanted to run numbers and decide if we want to move.

I did a mock booking for ASM from July 9-15 room total 908 with tax. Well then I added tickets package cost 2502. Tickets for 3 adults and 17 year old 1600??? Think I will wait till the fall.

Is this discount for general public? I just received an email from Disney Destinations for up to 30% off with a special offer code. When I clicked on the link "Get Details" it automatically populates the offer code then asks me to enter my Last Name and Zip Code. So I entered all my info and I get an error message "The information provided does not match that in our records. Please check information and try again."

I'm at a loss to what last name and zip code they would have for my e-mail address! Nothing has changed.

Saved over $1800 on a 12 night stay in a 2 BR villa at SSR in August. The savings also factored in an upgrade from water park fun and more tickets to park hopper plus tickets for 5 days for 4 adults and a child. Not bad considering I was paying CBR rate for SSR due to a complimentary resort switch from the construction so the $1800 is off of the already reduced rate I was paying for SSR.
Hi! We chatted at a different thread before about the CBR Resort change with the GC. I am nervous to make the change to another resort yet because we are hoping for FD. I did call today and got the CBR discount (had to upgrade to preferred room). I also had to change my water parks and more tickets to the park hopper and water parks, 3 adults and 2 kids, 12 night stay. This saved me $200 when it was all said and done. The $1800 is a remarkable price change. How did that happen? Not totally ready to go to SSR as I want to keep options open if FD comes about but open to any suggestions. Thanks for any insight. I appreciate it!

I forget - were you in 1 or 2 rooms previously at CBR?

Anyone done the math for these deals? Does not look like much... Too bad was hoping for FD, looks like a pass for me.

These summer discounts are terrible compared to recent years

The discounts are terrible. They keep getting lower and lower each year.

That, in addition to the fact that prices go up every year, including tickets, not just the room prices and dining plan.

Its ridiculous in my opinion.

I agree with all of the above, this deal was a pass for me. We just stayed in BWV this past August, DH wasn't a fan of it and we are not interested in staying at the other 2 deluxe villa resorts that are offering 25% off. As for the rest of the deal - an underwhelming 15% off or so.

Luckily I used my airline miles to book our August stay at villa at Wilderness lodge Friday night (I had a hunch that the summer offer was not going to be worth waiting for) , I bought my airfare Friday night for 1300 (for 4 of us, which is a few hundred higher than I usually pay), my same flights are now up to 2500 for the 4 of us o_O.

It's a shame Disney released their deal so late as people are now going to get stuck paying high airfare prices. :sad2: Summer airfare has nowhere to go but up at this point.>:(

We have gotten a Disney deal for our last 8 years/trips and I can say that over the years the percentage off and selection has decreased, however I'm wondering why. I'm guessing that park attendance is so high that they don't have to do much to lure us back?? :confused3

Since our stay is covered with my miles (It would have cost me 2500 for a 1 bedroom villa for 5 nights with the new 25% deal) we just have to budget for meals ~ $1500 & park passes $1882 for the 4 of us. (I can't add the meal plan since Disney considers American Airlines Advantage reward travel a 'wholesaler."

I also had tried a quote from a wholesaler agency TA (I cannot name names as per the rules of this board) and the only reason I didn't book with them as that they did not have any villas availability, I really like having the washer/drier in the room so I can pack lighter (that's my theory anyway, yet as DH points out I still overpack:P) and I like having the full size fridge in the room for the garden grocer snacks I get delivered. Anyway for my same exact travel dates, 5 nights at Grand Floridian (garden view/outer building) with 5 day park hopper pass with 1 day waterpark bonus feature was 2,966.45 with their Labor Day deal. (No you cannot add a meal plan as they are a wholesaler, purchasing blocks of rooms). But again, I was really holding out for a villa as I like the extra room & other perks.

Anyway we have all been waiting & the summer deal is finally here. Glad some of the other posters noted it saved them some $$ :-)

Last edited:
Is this discount for general public? I just received an email from Disney Destinations for up to 30% off with a special offer code. When I clicked on the link "Get Details" it automatically populates the offer code then asks me to enter my Last Name and Zip Code. So I entered all my info and I get an error message "The information provided does not match that in our records. Please check information and try again."

I'm at a loss to what last name and zip code they would have for my e-mail address! Nothing has changed.

I got the same offer by email but they forgot to include the unique offer code itself ! Although we are going in Novembe/December not the summer, I wanted to see what they were offering but couldn't even do that :-(

SW

I think for some resorts /families it's a decent deal. I priced out Animal Kingdom Lodge for August and added the dining plan and for our family it would only be about $150 more than riverside was last year with free dining.
For a 6 night stay with tickets.
But overall no... no deal for most resorts. They either excluded the most popular ones or only discounted those 15%.
We already have the Poly booked with a better deal than this.

Hi! We chatted at a different thread before about the CBR Resort change with the GC. I am nervous to make the change to another resort yet because we are hoping for FD. I did call today and got the CBR discount (had to upgrade to preferred room). I also had to change my water parks and more tickets to the park hopper and water parks, 3 adults and 2 kids, 12 night stay. This saved me $200 when it was all said and done. The $1800 is a remarkable price change. How did that happen? Not totally ready to go to SSR as I want to keep options open if FD comes about but open to any suggestions. Thanks for any insight. I appreciate it!

Hello again! So we are a party of 4 adults, 1 child, and an infant. We could have fit in one room at CBR but since 2 of the travellers are my mom and brother, we all felt more comfortable with them having a separate room. The cost for 2 standard rooms at CBR for 12 nights at the end of August plus 5 Day MYW+ water park tickets and memory maker was about $7650. We were switched to a 2 bedroom at SSR which would have cost $11,330 at rack rate with the tickets and memory maker, but our price of $7650 carried over (so a free $3680 upgrade). Today, my travel agent was able to apply the Summer Family Magic Package offer to the $7650 price and now we are paying $5792 for a savings of $1858. Our ticket prices did change to reflect the increase and we were switched to Park Hopper Plus, which I think the total difference in what we were originally paying for the tickets and what they are now is around $300. Since that is an additional cost that I would not otherwise have purchased and would have raised the original price of the package, I didn't calculate that into the overall savings.

But to sum up, we received a park hopper plus upgrade to our tickets and are staying in a 2 bedroom at SSR for $1858 less than what we would have been paying at CBR rack rate for 2 standard rooms. If we do end up qualifying for free dining, then that will be a better deal and we will switch to that, but right now the amount we just saved is paying for over half of the cost of the dining plan ($3522 for all of us).

In your situation, I'm not sure what I would really suggest. I don't know how much availability there is at CBR for your dates, but that will definitely play into whether or not you will be able to qualify for free dining. For my dates, all that's available are Pirate rooms and with the extra cost, it pretty much negates the value of the gift card. I also don't know for sure if they would offer you a free resort switch at this point since you've applied the new discount. They also seem to be trying to get away from the construction concessions they were previously offering. It's still possible they may be willing to switch you, but I have a feeling that if/when free dining comes out, regardless of whether CBR is included, that it will probably be too late to try to request a free resort change then. If they do allow you to switch, they probably will try to steer you toward Port Orleans, also maybe AOA suite or the cabins. It seems they were pushing those resorts more because they are closer to CBR's price range. But if you do pursue this and they agree to switching you and you want SSR, don't be afraid to point out that you know many others were switched there. They didn't offer it to me until I brought up knowing that it was offered to others. I know you only have 1 room at CBR whereas I had 2, but the studios and 1 bedrooms will not fit 5, and I know of a couple people on these boards who were given a 2 bedroom at SSR when they only had 1 room at CBR, so it has happened. If you decide you want to switch and they don't seem too willing to move you anywhere because it's been so long since the construction announcement, it might help to point out to them that most people spend months deciding on a resort and you didn't want to rush into any decisions concerning this. You were trying to weigh your options and get more info about the construction and you just feel like it will take away from your vacation, especially since you are staying 12 nights. Again, I really don't know how Disney will handle your situation, but I would strongly suggest that if you are planning on trying to move that you do it soon- before free dining comes out. I think if you wait until after the announcement and ask for a free resort switch they will figure you are doing it just for free dining (in which case, they could argue that lots of people don't get free dining at their resort of choice and it's not their responsibility to give you a free upgrade just so you can qualify for it), and not that you are moving because of the construction.

May be a stupid question, but if I already booked and paid a 4 night stay for the end of july at POR, can I get the discount?

May be a stupid question, but if I already booked and paid a 4 night stay for the end of july at POR, can I get the discount?

As long as it is offered at your resort and they have room availability then it doesn't matter if you have already paid in full. The key is whether they are offering the discount for your type of room and have availability. It's possible you may have to book a higher room category which may or may not be a savings overall, and it's also possible they have no rooms for the discount.

As long as it is offered at your resort and they have room availability then it doesn't matter if you have already paid in full. The key is whether they are offering the discount for your type of room and have availability. It's possible you may have to book a higher room category which may or may not be a savings overall, and it's also possible they have no rooms for the discount.

I looked and it seems they don't have the Garden View (the one I booked) but they do have Standard...

Would I just need to call to have them change it (and keep my tickets, my Dining Plan and my Memory Maker)??

I looked and it seems they don't have the Garden View (the one I booked) but they do have Standard...

Would I just need to call to have them change it (and keep my tickets, my Dining Plan and my Memory Maker)??

Yes, you can call them though you'd probably have to wait until 7 M tomorrow for that (I'm assuming they are closed by now :confused3). Or you can go ahead and book a completely new package online with a new $200 deposit and cancel the old one, in which case that deposit will be refunded. If you call, they can transfer the deposit, but it's possible the standards could be filled up by then.

Hello again! So we are a party of 4 adults, 1 child, and an infant. We could have fit in one room at CBR but since 2 of the travellers are my mom and brother, we all felt more comfortable with them having a separate room. The cost for 2 standard rooms at CBR for 12 nights at the end of August plus 5 Day MYW+ water park tickets and memory maker was about $7650. We were switched to a 2 bedroom at SSR which would have cost $11,330 at rack rate with the tickets and memory maker, but our price of $7650 carried over (so a free $3680 upgrade). Today, my travel agent was able to apply the Summer Family Magic Package offer to the $7650 price and now we are paying $5792 for a savings of $1858. Our ticket prices did change to reflect the increase and we were switched to Park Hopper Plus, which I think the total difference in what we were originally paying for the tickets and what they are now is around $300. Since that is an additional cost that I would not otherwise have purchased and would have raised the original price of the package, I didn't calculate that into the overall savings.

But to sum up, we received a park hopper plus upgrade to our tickets and are staying in a 2 bedroom at SSR for $1858 less than what we would have been paying at CBR rack rate for 2 standard rooms. If we do end up qualifying for free dining, then that will be a better deal and we will switch to that, but right now the amount we just saved is paying for over half of the cost of the dining plan ($3522 for all of us).

In your situation, I'm not sure what I would really suggest. I don't know how much availability there is at CBR for your dates, but that will definitely play into whether or not you will be able to qualify for free dining. For my dates, all that's available are Pirate rooms and with the extra cost, it pretty much negates the value of the gift card. I also don't know for sure if they would offer you a free resort switch at this point since you've applied the new discount. They also seem to be trying to get away from the construction concessions they were previously offering. It's still possible they may be willing to switch you, but I have a feeling that if/when free dining comes out, regardless of whether CBR is included, that it will probably be too late to try to request a free resort change then. If they do allow you to switch, they probably will try to steer you toward Port Orleans, also maybe AOA suite or the cabins. It seems they were pushing those resorts more because they are closer to CBR's price range. But if you do pursue this and they agree to switching you and you want SSR, don't be afraid to point out that you know many others were switched there. They didn't offer it to me until I brought up knowing that it was offered to others. I know you only have 1 room at CBR whereas I had 2, but the studios and 1 bedrooms will not fit 5, and I know of a couple people on these boards who were given a 2 bedroom at SSR when they only had 1 room at CBR, so it has happened. If you decide you want to switch and they don't seem too willing to move you anywhere because it's been so long since the construction announcement, it might help to point out to them that most people spend months deciding on a resort and you didn't want to rush into any decisions concerning this. You were trying to weigh your options and get more info about the construction and you just feel like it will take away from your vacation, especially since you are staying 12 nights. Again, I really don't know how Disney will handle your situation, but I would strongly suggest that if you are planning on trying to move that you do it soon- before free dining comes out. I think if you wait until after the announcement and ask for a free resort switch they will figure you are doing it just for free dining (in which case, they could argue that lots of people don't get free dining at their resort of choice and it's not their responsibility to give you a free upgrade just so you can qualify for it), and not that you are moving because of the construction.
Thanks for all of the ideas! Greatly appreciated!!

........Its ridiculous in my opinion.

It's actually not ridiculous..........its business.

When bookings are good.........there's a lesser need to give discounts to fill rooms. I would dare to say bookings are up............economy is better.........lots of construction at resorts so fewer available rooms (this is what hit us at WL.........we actually had to upgrade to get a discount for our June trip because our room wasn't included)..........add to that Pandora.....yeah Pandora........I've got to believe its having an impact.

Never forget Disney is a business and the past 18 months haven't been stellar for the parks division............."blame it on Shanghi" :) So when an opportunity to make more money presents itself......any business would do the same. The only way to combat that is to not go. Do something different.........which many of us here.........may not be willing to do. Think of this............2019 and 2020 could be massive for WDW.............Star Wars Land..........Toy Story Land...........it will be nuts.........start saving now if you ask me.

Then you have 2021.......................

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter