Stroller recommendations

JacLynne

Earning My Ears
With the new stroller rules, we will need to rent or buy a new stroller for our upcoming trip because my jogging stroller is too large. To rent 1 is going to cost us $145, so I figure I should just buy a new 1. I have a toddler (36 inches, 31 lbs) so a canopy, reclining ability, a tray and under storeage is a must. I would like to be able to gate check it, so the lighter the better. And if its pink or purple thats a win lol! So what are y'alls recommendations? I appreciate the help!

Personally like our Baby Jogger and feels light. I would check out BuyBuyBaby near you at least to look at options as they have a bunch.

Another vote for the City Mini Baby Jogger. One pull on the strap and it folds neatly. We own one but we rent down there just for the sake of not having to bring it....

I love my Graco Modes Click Connect for the 18 month old. It folds easily, storage is huge, has the tray with 2 cup holders and 2 cup holders for parents up top. It reclines flat with a foot rest that swings up to extend the surface. It can be steered with one hand, and has a very large canopy. It might be more than you want to spend unless you want to use it at home too. I'm sad I can't use it anymore since the sibling arrived and we bumped up to a double.

With the new stroller rules, we will need to rent or buy a new stroller for our upcoming trip because my jogging stroller is too large. To rent 1 is going to cost us $145, so I figure I should just buy a new 1. I have a toddler (36 inches, 31 lbs) so a canopy, reclining ability, a tray and under storeage is a must. I would like to be able to gate check it, so the lighter the better. And if its pink or purple thats a win lol! So what are y'alls recommendations? I appreciate the help!
We have the baby jogger city mini. Light weight and really easy to fold. I brought it to Disney both times we went. We have a purple color one. It’s a dark purple really but my daughter loves her purple stroller and no one else is allowed in it 😂

It's extremely pricey but the UPPAbaby Vista is probably the best stroller to bring to the parks. Well within stroller limits, fits 2 kids very comfortably and has an incredible about of storage for bags, purchases, etc. A few Disney blogs rate it as the best one, but again, it's very expensive. Though you can find old models or lightly used ones for cheapish.

I used this one two years ago and I still use it now: https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Children-Tandem-Umbrella-Stroller/dp/B003TRZIGW

Pros: Light weight, cheap, durable. You can fold it up quickly for getting on and off buses.
Cons: The handles are low, so if you're tall you'll be stooping over. There is not storage under the stroller, just small nets behind the seats. It also doesn't recline well.

With one kid, I'd get a bit larger umbrella stroller with the storage you want. Get something light weight and that can fold up fast and easy.

Highly recommend Zoe strollers. They collapse super easy which is great for the buses/train. They recline, have cup and snack holders, basket underneath and have huge canopies. They also have "open box" returns that are heavily discounted. If you're into bright colors, they have a few to choose from which makes finding it easy in the stroller parking lots.

Baby Jogger City Mini GT. The regular City Mini has similar features but the wheels tend to 'track' in the various grooves and can get stuck. The bigger wheels with tires on the GT make it much easier to maneuver, its light, folds easily and quickly and has the best canopy in the game. Not cheap, but you can find bargains on craigslist, facebook etc....

Highly recommend Zoe strollers. They collapse super easy which is great for the buses/train. They recline, have cup and snack holders, basket underneath and have huge canopies. They also have "open box" returns that are heavily discounted. If you're into bright colors, they have a few to choose from which makes finding it easy in the stroller parking lots.

We have a Zoe double and LOVE it. It is only 19 lbs for a DOUBLE.

My kids are 4 (42” tall) and almost 3 (37” tall) and there is tons of room between their heads and the sunshade. The seat back doesn’t come up super high, so their heads aren’t supported when reclined, but I don’t need them to be reclined anymore.

I love our Zoe and will be bringing it as our stroller on our next trip for the kids to pop in and out of when they need a rest.

Baby Jogger city mini or city tour.
Both are amazing, small and light but have all the bells and whistles to get the kids to sleep and be comfortable etc
we travel all over the world (both Disney and the actual World) with both of them.

We used a Graco double stroller on our last trip. It was heavy and tough getting in and out of buses when everyone in the group loads all their bags onto it.

City Mini has similar features but the wheels tend to 'track' in the various grooves and can get stuck

I have the City Mini and not really sure what you are talking about but I have the double so possibly having a single with the one wheel in front causes the issue. The non-GT variant is going to shave off roughly 20% of the weight as well. I know buy buy baby has these all on display for people to try out.

We bought from Albee Baby which we found our Double Mini roughly $150 less than Amazon/BuyBuyBaby after a coupon (think it was 20% off).

I have the City Mini and not really sure what you are talking about but I have the double so possibly having a single with the one wheel in front causes the issue. The non-GT variant is going to shave off roughly 20% of the weight as well. I know buy buy baby has these all on display for people to try out.

We bought from Albee Baby which we found our Double Mini roughly $150 less than Amazon/BuyBuyBaby after a coupon (think it was 20% off).
They're talking about the railroad track at MK, I think at least.

The smaller diameter and width of the regular City mini tends to track in the railroad as well as the other smaller undulations around the parts for parades and other shows. The wheels are also plastic with a very thin cover of rubber and offers very little in way of absorption. Having had the single and double of both, I can safely say from my perspective there is a world of difference between the two when it comes to rolling resistance and comfort. The regular is a great stroller though so this isn't a negative, more so that the GT is just more awesome-er lol....

The Zoe strollers are awesome. We have lime green one. Held up amazingly well during our 9 day trip a few weeks ago. My 19 month old loves it (30 lbs, 32 inches). I bought hooks to hang a backpack off and it worked great. Also put sunscreen, a couple small water bottles, and extra diapers under the stroller in a bag, and it still folded up nicely with the items in the basket. We actually had a gate check agent watch me fold it up with one hand and hand it to him while holding my toddler and go, "that's the way to do it, awesome." It is super light weight, great canopy, seems to be comfy for the littles, nice cup and snack holder (although our toddler insisted on putting the cup in the snack holder) and was really comfortable to push, and I could easily push it with one hand through the airport. Plus, mine cost a little less than $100.

Attachments

• IMG_20190605_124512536.jpg
    IMG_20190605_124512536.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20190609_081159112_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190609_081159112_HDR.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Also the Zoe triple stroller still fits the new measurement guidelines! We have 3 toddlers so this was a must!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!