Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Wooohoo back from MK this evening and was able to book two chances to build Robots at Droid Depot tomorrow. For those of you that have done this experience, which one do you prefer....The R-Unit or The BB-Unit.

Today is day 62! Whoo hoo! So can I make my savi reservation at day 61 at midnight? or wait for 6am day 60?

Wooohoo back from MK this evening and was able to book two chances to build Robots at Droid Depot tomorrow. For those of you that have done this experience, which one do you prefer....The R-Unit or The BB-Unit.
My husband and I built one of each! Truthfully I find the BB8 unit to sometimes be difficult maneuvering. If you go too fast he loses his head :)

A quick tip for anyone that wants to ship lightsabers, droids or other merchandise. Be sure you KEEP YOUR RECEIPT safe. The kids were super excited as they used their own money to get Spira and buy their items. In the chaos of them getting handed the reciepts and subsequent drenching rain the receipts were destroyed/tossed and even with all the reservation details and the receipts for one set Disney couldn't ship for us and we had to figure out carry on with them. We had asked about shipping and were told just take them to your resort gift shop and the receipt wasn't mentioned so we never even thought about it. Hopefully this can save someone else some issues.

A quick tip for anyone that wants to ship lightsabers, droids or other merchandise. Be sure you KEEP YOUR RECEIPT safe. The kids were super excited as they used their own money to get Spira and buy their items. In the chaos of them getting handed the reciepts and subsequent drenching rain the receipts were destroyed/tossed and even with all the reservation details and the receipts for one set Disney couldn't ship for us and we had to figure out carry on with them. We had asked about shipping and were told just take them to your resort gift shop and the receipt wasn't mentioned so we never even thought about it. Hopefully this can save someone else some issues.

I'm carrying mine on the plane fully ignited with a look of challenge on my face as I walk to my seat. :rolleyes1

Are the Ahsoka legacy lightsabers chronically out of stock? Those are the one big purchase I was planning to make during my trip, but going back through the thread here makes it seem like their stock is in flux a lot.

Are the Ahsoka legacy lightsabers chronically out of stock? Those are the one big purchase I was planning to make during my trip, but going back through the thread here makes it seem like their stock is in flux a lot.

It might be because you get two lightsabers for the price of one?

It might be because you get two lightsabers for the price of one?
Unless it's a manufacturing constraint, which it very well could be, I would just bet that it's because Ahsoka is very popular. I totally understand if that's the case and they're hard items to keep in stock, but I would just like to temper my expectations on securing a pair before my trip if I need to.

Unless it's a manufacturing constraint, which it very well could be, I would just bet that it's because Ahsoka is very popular. I totally understand if that's the case and they're hard items to keep in stock, but I would just like to temper my expectations on securing a pair before my trip if I need to.

You could always buy a set from this guy. But beware, he's a little shady....

Hope someone can help. My 15 year old did the Savi's Workshop Light sabers build in February and absolutely loved it. We had Disney ship it home from the resort and it arrived in one piece and working, so we threw out the receipt after it arrived at home. 2-3 weeks later it suddenly stopped working, which was really disappointing to us all.

Anyone know if there is some way to fix it? We're traveling down in September and would be willing to buy new pieces--or bring it in if they'd fix it without a receipt--but are not sure where to start.

Hope someone can help. My 15 year old did the Savi's Workshop Light sabers build in February and absolutely loved it. We had Disney ship it home from the resort and it arrived in one piece and working, so we threw out the receipt after it arrived at home. 2-3 weeks later it suddenly stopped working, which was really disappointing to us all.

Anyone know if there is some way to fix it? We're traveling down in September and would be willing to buy new pieces--or bring it in if they'd fix it without a receipt--but are not sure where to start.

It sounds like your battery pack is dead. These lightsabers stay on all the time. What I mean is that even though you don't have the switch activated and the blade is not lit up it is still lit up inside. When you put your crystal in you hear the hum that lets you know you put the crystal in correctly but it stays lit up and blinking underneath the chassis and you can't see that. That constantly lit up bulb drains the batteries. There's only like three AAA batteries in there. You need to take the crystal out when you're not using it or pop the battery pack out and put the pommel back together. Here is a video on how to replace the batteries.

Today is day 62! Whoo hoo! So can I make my savi reservation at day 61 at midnight? or wait for 6am day 60?
I was just coming here to ask this. Tomorrow is my 60 days and I was planning on making a Savi’s reservation if I can. I just read somewhere on Facebook that you can make savi’s at MN instead of 6 am! Is that accurate? It’s the first I’ve heard it, but I also haven’t been following this since Feb 2020, when my boys made theirs. Now I’m thinking of making my own haha.

I was just coming here to ask this. Tomorrow is my 60 days and I was planning on making a Savi’s reservation if I can. I just read somewhere on Facebook that you can make savi’s at MN instead of 6 am! Is that accurate? It’s the first I’ve heard it, but I also haven’t been following this since Feb 2020, when my boys made theirs. Now I’m thinking of making my own haha.

I have heard the same thing too but everything I read online says 6am. I am trying at 12:00am and if not then I will just wake up again 6 hours later.

I have heard the same thing too but everything I read online says 6am. I am trying at 12:00am and if not then I will just wake up again 6 hours later.
I was able to do savis at 5:45 but it’s 60 days out from your DHS park reservation not your trip (like dining) good luck!

Last edited:
I was able to do savis at 5:45 but it’s 69 days out from your DHS park reservation not your trip (like dining) good luck!
Let me make sure I have this straight. It’s 6:00 am, but you don’t get the 60 + the length of your stay like you do for ADRs? So I can make ADRs tomorrow for my entire trip, but I have to wait an extra day since out DHS park pass is for our first full day? How did that work back before park passes were a thing? They they wouldn’t have any idea which days you were going to DHS. Or is it just 60 days out, and they don’t care where you have a park pass?

Let me make sure I have this straight. It’s 6:00 am, but you don’t get the 60 + the length of your stay like you do for ADRs? So I can make ADRs tomorrow for my entire trip, but I have to wait an extra day since out DHS park pass is for our first full day? How did that work back before park passes were a thing? They they wouldn’t have any idea which days you were going to DHS. Or is it just 60 days out, and they don’t care where you have a park pass?
First off I’m sorry I typed 69 and not 60-fixed it!
And yes you can make ADRs tomorrow for your entire trip, but you have to wait for the DHS due to park pass.
And honestly I have no clue how it worked prior because the land was recently opened when I last went so I didn’t even bother attempting.

We made our reservation for savis the same day we were able to make all our ADRs. Our dhs day is the third day or our trip.

We made our reservation for savis the same day we were able to make all our ADRs. Our dhs day is the third day or our trip.
Thanks so much! Sounds like I definitely need to try tomorrow am, not sure if I should try for all ADRs and then this or what, it’s so hard to do for a short trip! Then throw in the 50th and i’ll consider myself lucky if we get places to eat, at least in the MK, lol. If I don’t get Savi’s it’s not the end of the world, i not sure I want to spend $220 anyway, since two of my boys already have them and we don’t really do anything with them but enjoy knowing we have them 😊.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter