Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Does Savi's only book two months in advance? The calendar on WDW.com is greyed out after mid-January, not sure if that's normal or it means something is changing.

Do they still sell scrap metal, if so, how much? Also do the still have the GE spirit jersey and Tshirts in TT?

In the middle of October you could go back to the register outside Savi's and purchase scrap metal. The hilt part I purchased was $25. I don't know if every piece is priced the same.

So upset our light saber was shipped and arrived bent and the dueling blade not lighting up on the end. Just the blade was broken. What do we do? It was a Christmas present 😭

So upset our light saber was shipped and arrived bent and the dueling blade not lighting up on the end. Just the blade was broken. What do we do? It was a Christmas present 😭
I know this is, like, the most boring advice- but have you contacted Disney? There have been reports before about people receiving broken blades after shipping them from the resort and Disney sent them new ones. I can’t guarantee they will, but it has happened.

I don’t think the blades are sold on ShopDisney, but you can find a personal shopper (often referred to as “smuggler” in certain groups) who could pick up and ship a new blade to you. But that would obviously cost you.

I know this is, like, the most boring advice- but have you contacted Disney? There have been reports before about people receiving broken blades after shipping them from the resort and Disney sent them new ones. I can’t guarantee they will, but it has happened.

I don’t think the blades are sold on ShopDisney, but you can find a personal shopper (often referred to as “smuggler” in certain groups) who could pick up and ship a new blade to you. But that would obviously cost you.
Okay thank you. Right now we are in Epcot. My husband is home and sent us a photo of the broken blade. We going to guest relations here in a few. I’m not sure what they can do here at Epcot. I would go back to HS but we leave for home early in the morning and do not have a hopper.

Okay thank you. Right now we are in Epcot. My husband is home and sent us a photo of the broken blade. We going to guest relations here in a few. I’m not sure what they can do here at Epcot. I would go back to HS but we leave for home early in the morning and do not have a hopper.
Good luck! I hope they can help!

ENDOR PONCHOS: Has anyone seen and touched these? They're not perfect replicas in that they're darker than the "RotJ" ones Luke and Leia wear, but do they feel nice? Do they seem functional for Florida rain storms? They're $100, right? Anything besides nostalgic obsession and the huge double hood to justify that price? ;-)

I'm going to HS soon with a 6 year old. We both want to build a droid at the Droid Depot. Would this be feasible together? Can I gather my parts/build mine and assist the 6 year old as needed? If so, do they just put us at stations next to each other or would we be at a single station.

I'm going to HS soon with a 6 year old. We both want to build a droid at the Droid Depot. Would this be feasible together? Can I gather my parts/build mine and assist the 6 year old as needed? If so, do they just put us at stations next to each other or would we be at a single station.

Hi Kal1, Welcome.
Depending when you are going to Disney, you may need to make an appointment beforehand to build droids. Luckily when I did mine they were taking walk-ups.
When checking in at Droid Depot, explain what you would like to do. I'm sure they will be helpful.

Typically you will each get a basket to collect your parts off the conveyor belt. Both R unit and BB unit parts are all on the same conveyor. Build stations are literally elbow to elbow. There are cast members at the build station that can help with assembly.

It was a lot of fun doing.

Dan

Was able to just book a Savis reservation for 9:25 pm right after park closing. It will be a surprise for our son who will be beyond thrilled. My husband will be the one to go with him but curious if my daughter and I will be allowed to wait outside Savi’s and wait for them even though the park is closed? We do have HS tickets and plan on spending the day in the park. I was not sure if Disney would make my daughter and I exit the park and my husband and son would have to meet us somewhere out front? Also for those of you that have taken in on the airplane does it have to be packed in your carry-on or can it be just carried in a bag as a souvenir item? Thank you.

Was able to just book a Savis reservation for 9:25 pm right after park closing. It will be a surprise for our son who will be beyond thrilled. My husband will be the one to go with him but curious if my daughter and I will be allowed to wait outside Savi’s and wait for them even though the park is closed? We do have HS tickets and plan on spending the day in the park. I was not sure if Disney would make my daughter and I exit the park and my husband and son would have to meet us somewhere out front? Also for those of you that have taken in on the airplane does it have to be packed in your carry-on or can it be just carried in a bag as a souvenir item? Thank you.

This thread has pages of information re: travel with lightsaber

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...th-lightsabers-on-a-ride-or-airplane.3831970/

I'm a little disappointed that they Savi's now (At least Battu West) has the Clone Wars Maul lightsaber and still no word on Cal Kestis's one.

Reports are that Savi’s has run out of the protective sleeves for their lightsabers. Guests are being given a plastic bag and are told if they want a carrying sleeve they can purchase one from Dok Ondar for $50. No mention of discounts for not providing the included sleeve.
One of the most egregious examples of nickel & diming cost-cutting measures in the past year. Although, I don't think you can really characterize this as "nickel & diming" when they've essentially raised the price by ANOTER $50 on an item that already cost $200+ after the recent price increase that previously included the sleeve.

Last edited:
One of the most egregious examples of nickel & diming cost-cutting measures in the past year. Although, I don't think you can really characterize this as "nickel & diming" when they've essentially raised the price by ANOTER $50 on an item that already cost $200+ after the recent price increase that previously included the sleeve.

They should do something extra for you not getting a carrying sleeve. A friend of mine went a month ago and they gave him another crystal for his saber.

The Carrying sleeves at Dok Ondor are much better then the ones they give you at Savi's though

They should do something extra for you not getting a carrying sleeve. A friend of mine went a month ago and they gave him another crystal for his saber.

The Carrying sleeves at Dok Ondor are much better then the ones they give you at Savi's though
Agreed. I could understand that they wouldn't necesarily give the Dok Ondor ones for free (although there was a time when that's exactly the solution they would have come up with). But it's still indicative of the new cost cutting mentality that they are not giving any kind of discount (even after a recent price hike) to compensate for not providing a sleeve. And who wants to place bets on them just going with plastic bags permanently and offer the sleeve for an additional charge moving forward once they get more in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter