Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Anyone know if Rey’s legacy lightsaber is available to purchase? Going to HS on Tuesday and would like to buy it.

My apologies if this has been covered, but how is everyone getting their lightsabers home? Will Southwest allow it as a carry-on? And, can you send the lightsaber to the front of the park if you don't want to carry it around all day?

My apologies if this has been covered, but how is everyone getting their lightsabers home? Will Southwest allow it as a carry-on? And, can you send the lightsaber to the front of the park if you don't want to carry it around all day?

I don't see why Southwest wouldn't allow it. Should be fine doing it.

When I built mine in November last year I had it shipped home from droid depot. It was only like 17 bucks for the saber and a stand.

You can take it as a carry on, yes. I'm not sure that they are currently holding them at the parks like they used to. Most rides you can take it on with you, but they are a pain to carry around. I was glad I made our reservation for right before we'd be leaving the park.

No problem carrying it on. In fact, TSA's website has a specific comment concerning light sabers (seriously, you should check it out).

Unless it has changed very recently, the parks are still not doing the front of the park delivery (or resort deliver) options. Maybe as more Cast Members are brought back on board that will change. But for now, you are kind of stuck carrying it around or taking back to your resort.

Here is the link for the TSA website:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/light-saber

No problem carrying it on. In fact, TSA's website has a specific comment concerning light sabers (seriously, you should check it out).

Unless it has changed very recently, the parks are still not doing the front of the park delivery (or resort deliver) options. Maybe as more Cast Members are brought back on board that will change. But for now, you are kind of stuck carrying it around or taking back to your resort.

Here is the link for the TSA website:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/light-saber

Ha! That's funny. I'm sure they've seen it all! I was fussed out by the TSA in 2019 because of my Disney pins. Thanks for the link!

Apologies if this has been covered already. Our arrival date is July 27 but our HS day is July29. We want to make Droid Depot reservations for the the 29th. Does our window open up 60 days before our ARRIVAL day or our HS day? They'd told me on the phone today was the day (60 days from our arrival) but it won't let me me make them online and I called and she couldn't do it either. Part 2 of my question: this will be our first visit to Galaxy's Edge. Obv, we're hoping to snag a boarding group for ROTR. What happens if our boarding time conflicts with our Droid Depot reservation? Do we end up missing one of them? I hope not but when I asked the Cast Member on the phone she didn't know. :smickey:

Apologies if this has been covered already. Our arrival date is July 27 but our HS day is July29. We want to make Droid Depot reservations for the the 29th. Does our window open up 60 days before our ARRIVAL day or our HS day? They'd told me on the phone today was the day (60 days from our arrival) but it won't let me me make them online and I called and she couldn't do it either. Part 2 of my question: this will be our first visit to Galaxy's Edge. Obv, we're hoping to snag a boarding group for ROTR. What happens if our boarding time conflicts with our Droid Depot reservation? Do we end up missing one of them? I hope not but when I asked the Cast Member on the phone she didn't know. :smickey:
I'm not sure on the first question - but I can say that Droid Depot reservations are not nearly as difficult to get as Savi's. You should have no problem getting a reservation for the Droid Depot even 30 days out. So I would not stress about that one too much.

On the second question, couple of points. First, when your boarding group gets called, you have an hour to get there. So the chances of having major timing issue is pretty low. However, even if the timing does create a problem, the Cast Members at ROTR see that all the time with dining ADRs. Just let the cast member know you were busy at your droid reservation (maybe have the receipt handy) and you should not have any problems getting into ROTR a little late if necessary.

question, I noticed that the lightsaber seems to be 219 dollars now when it was 199 when I booked the reservation. Do they honor the price when it was booked?

I feel like this is a pretty stupid question, so I'll apologize in advance and thank you for your help.

My 15 year old doesn't want to make a light saber. He just wants to buy one - a Dark Saber that he expects to be around $200 - that's all I know about it. Can we buy one in Disney Springs or Galaxy's Edge without making a reservation?

I feel like this is a pretty stupid question, so I'll apologize in advance and thank you for your help.

My 15 year old doesn't want to make a light saber. He just wants to buy one - a Dark Saber that he expects to be around $200 - that's all I know about it. Can we buy one in Disney Springs or Galaxy's Edge without making a reservation?
Yes. Savi's Lightsaber build is a separate experience. You can go to the Den of Antiquities in HS or Star Wars Landing Bay in DS (no park admittance necessary) to buy what are called the "legacy" lightsabers. You don't put them together, you just ask a CM in either place. Just be aware that certain lightsabers can sell out.

I hope it is okay to ask this in this thread but from you all's experiences is it realitively easy to do a walk in for the droid building experience I had a reservation for my trip but canceled once I had a Savi's reservation. I would love to do both, but really unsure how my budget for souvenirs for my trip next month. I didn't want to have a reservation then change my mind last minute and still be charged 100 dollars.

Since the droid building experience seems less popular than building a lightsaber, you think I would have a good shot of just walking in and building a droid if find myself having the budget for both a lightsaber and droid?

I hope it is okay to ask this in this thread but from you all's experiences is it realitively easy to do a walk in for the droid building experience I had a reservation for my trip but canceled once I had a Savi's reservation. I would love to do both, but really unsure how my budget for souvenirs for my trip next month. I didn't want to have a reservation then change my mind last minute and still be charged 100 dollars.

Since the droid building experience seems less popular than building a lightsaber, you think I would have a good shot of just walking in and building a droid if find myself having the budget for both a lightsaber and droid?
We had reservations on June 2nd, and the CM was turning people away. I would try starting a week out, or when you know your budget.

Can anyone give me a refresher for Savi's? We are traveling with another family:

1. Can you use a different card then the one used to hold the reservation?
1. If I book for both of us (two builders), can we use separate cards to pay?
2. If one of us can't make it, can we cancel only one of the spots?

Thanks

Can anyone give me a refresher for Savi's? We are traveling with another family:

Thanks
You pay when you check in, shouldn't be an issue to use a different card and/or pay separately. I think you would have to call to cancel just one spot. Make sure you do it at least the day before (see below).

Cancellations
A valid, accepted credit card number is required at the time of booking. You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per builder cancellation fee. If you fail to timely cancel and are a no-show, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged the full price per builder.

Thanks
You can certainly use a different card. I did that a couple weeks ago.

You can also pay separately. Also did that.

Not sure about the last one. I do not think there is any option for cancelling part of a reservation online, I'd suggest calling Disney on that one. I bet they would be able to do it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter