Spinneret Threads - 5/27/2023

worst was not seen but smelled-realtor, dh and i all gagged as she opened the door to one place-did not enter :crazy2:

stuff that was just weird/awful-

'shaking walls'-prefab house, 'new construction'. when we entered and closed the door behind us (gently, not slammed)-the walls and windows shook. turned around and left,

'the pit'-in the family room, all carpeted was a sunken circular pit about 3 feet deep/6 feet across. not a seating area, not exactly sure what, maybe a place to toss toddlers to do battle? an accident waiting to happen,

'the purple pit'-living room, kitchen, hallways all painted the deepest, darkest eggplant purple color accented by the deepest, darkest, thickest (as in sink into it with each step) green carpet imaginable. with each step it seemed like the house was digesting you.

'

Once looked at a house years ago where ALL the interior walls were painted black. It was the strangest thing. Also once went to look at a house with a family member in France where they had the whole area around the house dug up and archeologists working because Roman ruins (an ancient trash dump I think) had been discovered. Not a “worst” but certainly unique

One house had a rabbit in a tiny, filthy cage in the garage. He had dirty water and there was no hay in sight. I started talking to him and the poor thing looked sad and miserable. His feet were caked with poop, so it was obvious this wasn't just a temporary cage while they were showing the house. It took every ounce of my self-restraint not to grab him and take him home. DH and I actually liked the house, but I couldn't even think of negotiating with those people or giving them a cent of our money. Maybe I sound extreme, but animal cruelty a huge NO for me.

One house had a Harley Davidson motorcycle parked in the living room, dripping oil on the carpet.

Another had fiberglass insulation batting over the bedroom windows.

Another was a rental, shown by appointment, and it was clear they had spread clothing and stuff all over to discourage anyone from making an offer, and the renters were there and made it clear they were not happy that they may have to move.

And the one we bought, had wrought iron bars on ALL the windows. Bolted on with one way bolts, no interior released in case of fire. We ALMOST didn't go inside, and that would have been a mistake. Older couple.......ironically about the same age we are now. EVERYTHING inside was wrought iron. Book cases, coffee table, dining room table, headboards on all the beds. They were wrought iron fanatics. That was over 40 years ago, day we took possession of the house, I was out with a file and vice grips removing the wrought iron bars while the alarm company guy installed the alarm. I made a LOT of friends that day on the street by taking down those bars.

We looked at a house and the realator said that all appliances came with so I opened the fridge; smelled HORRIBLE and was old rotton food in it

We saw one in AZ (that had renters in it) and in it encountered multiple little kids wearing just undies and at least 6 adult pit bulls plus a surprise mama one in the master bedroom with a litter of puppies!

We went to see a foreclosure around 2012 so it had been sitting for awhile. Didn't smell great and the carpet felt strangely crunchy. I got to the middle of the room when they opened the blinds to let light in. I had been walking on a sea of dead cockroaches. I've never been so heebeejeebed in my life. I had to walk back through them to get out. Awful experience!

my mom forced me to play summer softball until 5th grade becuase "girls weren't allowed to play sports when i was growing up so you should be grateful to be able to" - I finally put my foot down!!

I MANAGED football, volleyball, and boys basketball in middle and high school

We went to see a foreclosure around 2012 so it had been sitting for awhile. Didn't smell great and the carpet felt strangely crunchy. I got to the middle of the room when they opened the blinds to let light in. I had been walking on a sea of dead cockroaches. I've never been so heebeejeebed in my life. I had to walk back through them to get out. Awful experience!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

AAAACK! speaking of carpet-i worked for a store that sold carpet and we got a visit one day from a property owner to get a bid on re-doing an entire house. guy said his tenants were moved out and he had done a quick run by and just glanced in the windows to make sure they hadn't left anything inside, it was empty so he leaves the keys with us. estimator goes out and starts walking around but within a handful of steps the carpet kind of feels 'sticky', then his feet start to feel oddly warm-he turns around and sees black shoe prints on the carpet where he's just walked..............BATTERY ACID, soaked into the carpet, melting the bottom of his shoes. prior tenants final act of revenge:(

One had beautiful pics online but they must have been taken years ago.
The house had been stripped of all pipes. There was excrement on the floors and I’m not convinced it wasn’t human.
The slider was completely removed and the pool was green slime with lots of empty bottles laying around.

🤢 you win.

7f60d967-4d40-4d75-9e3f-b7cc12f559f6_1.963d860fe98cefd843c46aa01cf58d60.jpeg

8d42c5d5-f411-4e5f-a820-2c0e78a5aca3.28f87ddacef9141ea621f08b4ec2240d.jpeg

Frisbee_090719.jpg

616IdoWoGjL._AC_.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter