Spinneret Threads - 5/27/2023

For me, the deal-killer is an open plan home. None of my friends are happy with theirs.You are trying to cook and perhaps play some music in your kitchen only to have the football plays being announced at top volume from 15 feet away in your open living room. Everyone can see if you have piled dirty dishes and pans and you cannot shut guests out by closing the door. When my neighbor cooks fish you can smell it throughout, even though she has a great updraft fan.

That said, I do understand why people like the idea of open plan homes.

I also do not like stainless steel appliances in my house. I'm a chef and in a home kitchen, every fingerprint shows and I am not one who wants to spend time cleaning the fridge. If I had kitchen staff who cleaned my stainless steel stove at the end of the night and wiped down the walk-ins, I'd consider stainless. Sadly, I do not have restaurant staff at home. I really don't understand why stainless steel is so popular in home kitchens unless it is sellers who think it's a must have in their "chef's kitchen." Unless you are a chef, it is unlikely that you need a chef's kitchen, whatever that term even means.

I do realize that my opinions are far from the popular point of view. I love old houses with their rooms with walls where you can get away from the fray and read peacefully. That's heaven to me.

Played soccer for one year. But did ballet, tap, tumbling/gymnastics for many years. Was asked to join the competitive team but unfortunately was unable to continue due to family finances.

I think we should organize a Spinneret days at Disneyland. We could hand out lighting lane passes for the best idea for a new thread on Disboards. Not like they need any more ideas but it would be fun and we would all learn to take life less seriously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter