Something About Nothing............ #14

Hey all, day blew by here today. Slept late as up a good portion of the night trying to catch a bee in my bedroom. No idea where it came from & why not hibernating with it’s brethren.

I’m allergic to them, so it was a necessary hunt by the light of the tv. DH was so tired from working 12 hour shifts I didn’t have the heart to wake him up. Least i managed to knock off several episodes of Perry Mason I had saved while waiting to get a good shot at it.

Today, got notice our state was supposed to start accepting 1A non-health provider vaccine appointments. Good news & bad news (there isn’t any to be had). Four hours later, the best I did was have one person tell me they weren’t taking appointments & another ask for further info on the two of us. Yes, our day will come, just not soon enough for my liking.

Gave up on making dinner, have a Stromboli awaiting me.

Even the ornery ones with bad habits :banana:? :stitch2: Sweeeeet

No, you have a carefully curated collection.:thumbsup2

RL - singing & dancing tea pots? :) I’m suddenly thinking of beauty & the beast‘S Mrs Potts & Chip

Carefully curated is better than a saddo collection.......lol.....

Never had a stromboli....I don`t think so anyway. Yes, good news sometimes has bad news not far behind......hope they get their finger out and get it sorted properly......

Beautiful sunny and chilly morning here today. Got out early for a long walk along the beach and it was gorgeous. And deserted as it was so early.

Came back home and made several phone calls to folks, and have a couple to do this afternoon. I think I`m doing some on Sunday too. So far everyone has been lovely I `ve called.

Doing maple mustard chicken breasts tonight for dinner with parmentier potatoes, shrimp and mango salad for lunch with some focaccia, plan to make some more bread this afternoon as I`m making butternut squash and sweet potato soup for lunch tomorrow so Tom loves the rosemary garlic focaccia I make. And it is so easy to make.

And........got through the first chapter of the book group latest, and it`s not as bad as I thought. Won`t read it again, but I will get through it.

i-n7pv5JX-S.gif

cv26-L.jpg

cv29-M.jpg

Have a wonderful and happy Friday :wave2:

Good afternoon all. Like Carole beautiful morning here so we drive (only 3 miles) to Macclesfield Forest. Has been overwhelmed with visitors but we were early so no problem parking and only saw a few people en-route. All with dogs still enjoying the remains of the snow. Beautiful location.

Stopped at a small store there that has kept the community going throughout. Nice wholemeal loaf and some lovely veg. Home for vegetable soup and ham sandwich. Not for L who had sausages.

Took the decision to book a lodge in Wales for a summer break (if allowed). Literally front line to Black Rock Sands beach so really hope it works out. We have stayed on the park a few times it’s idyllic for the children and Louie. We will hopefully go for 2 weeks and Em and the children come for one week.

Back to the sewing now. Happy Friday all x

BB3A5C74-C9EF-4618-88D2-FF0EEB2AB85E.jpeg

Happy Friday all

Nice start to my day to find that amazon deposited this a day early on my doorstop

B5273EE4-1B4A-426B-A81F-D69F73C80C47.jpeg
Perhaps a bit of a sloth problem brewing but, I can quit anytime I want

I do like our new teapot. Had a mid afternoon pot of tea with some lemon drizzle cake........I’ll never be slim!
5447E1D9-F279-46C0-B1C4-7FE1FFCED9AB.jpeg
Never had a stromboli....I don`t think so anyway. Yes, good news sometimes has bad news not far behind......hope they get their finger out and get it sorted properly......
believe I’ve landed upon the perfect version of a Stromboli: ham, pepperoni, salami, anchovies & black olives :). The small size is generally enough to feed 2 people. Will have for brunch or dinner today. Still have some ham steaks ready to go too, will let the mr decide

A couple of sad bananas on counter should be used for banana bread or maybe just popped in the freezer TBD
Doing maple mustard chicken breasts tonight for dinner with parmentier potatoes, shrimp and mango salad for lunch with some focaccia, plan to make some more bread this afternoon as I`m making butternut squash and sweet potato soup for lunch tomorrow so Tom loves the rosemary garlic focaccia I make. And it is so easy to make.
Goodness, that sounds like a nice cafe’s menu board! Whole lotta cooking going on there.
Good afternoon all. Like Carole beautiful morning here so we drive (only 3 miles) to Macclesfield Forest. Has been overwhelmed with visitors but we were early so no problem parking and only saw a few people en-route. All with dogs still enjoying the remains of the snow. Beautiful location.
Sounds like fun, enjoy. Pets only permitted unleashed in designated dog parks here. Specific rules apply for non-service dogs admittance in county, state & national parks, safety/liability issues.

have actively had enforced restrictions in place to prevent folks from visiting parks. The one that honestly had me doing a double take is closing the public facilities, including the rest rooms. I’m told it’s been a great deterrent IDK. When you gotta go, you gotta go:confused3:eek:

Took the decision to book a lodge in Wales for a summer break (if allowed). Literally front line to Black Rock Sands beach so really hope it works out. We have stayed on the park a few times it’s idyllic for the children and Louie. We will hopefully go for 2 weeks and Em and the children come for one week.
No idea of the area but sounds like a great plan. Is the water warm enough to swim there?

Happy Friday. Nothing much planned for the day. Right now I am waiting for hair. color to process. Gotta eliminate that skunk stripe. Sometimes I think I should just let it go natural, but I've had dark hair all my life. I am afraid of what I will look like with white hair.

Also thinking of taking a quick trip to the mall. My favorite clothing store is closing. Going to see if they have any good sales yet.

Keisha - Love the sloths!

View attachment 551654

Happy Friday all

Nice start to my day to find that amazon deposited this a day early on my doorstop

View attachment 551655
Perhaps a bit of a sloth problem brewing but, I can quit anytime I want

View attachment 551656

believe I’ve landed upon the perfect version of a Stromboli: ham, pepperoni, salami, anchovies & black olives :). The small size is generally enough to feed 2 people. Will have for brunch or dinner today. Still have some ham steaks ready to go too, will let the mr decide

A couple of sad bananas on counter should be used for banana bread or maybe just popped in the freezer TBD

Goodness, that sounds like a nice cafe’s menu board! Whole lotta cooking going on there.

Sounds like fun, enjoy. Pets only permitted unleashed in designated dog parks here. Specific rules apply for non-service dogs admittance in county, state & national parks, safety/liability issues.

have actively had enforced restrictions in place to prevent folks from visiting parks. The one that honestly had me doing a double take is closing the public facilities, including the rest rooms. I’m told it’s been a great deterrent IDK. When you gotta go, you gotta go:confused3:eek:

No idea of the area but sounds like a great plan. Is the water warm enough to swim there?

Love the sloth.....yes, we can quit anytime with our favourite things..... ::yes:: where`s that skinny person......haha.....

Cooking and baking are things we can do without restriction as lockdown is strict over here. We can`t do much and meet no-one......so have embraced my kitchen.....I do laugh at Tom sitting on the sofas by the window handing out advice......er yes, not the best idea......lol.......soup turned out well, but will make bread fresh tomorrow and focaccia is among the easiest breads to make.

Stromboli sounds good!! Minus anchovies for me of course......never quite got the taste for them.

Yes closing facilities is never a good idea. But pictures over the weekend of parks and beaches mobbed were frightening, crowds everywhere......you`d never guess it was during a lockdown.

Happy Friday. Nothing much planned for the day. Right now I am waiting for hair. color to process. Gotta eliminate that skunk stripe. Sometimes I think I should just let it go natural, but I've had dark hair all my life. I am afraid of what I will look like with white hair.

Also thinking of taking a quick trip to the mall. My favorite clothing store is closing. Going to see if they have any good sales yet.

Keisha - Love the sloths!

I couldn`t imagine not being blonde.....I dread to think what is lurking all the blonde and browns that my stylist so lovingly mixes up for me. I don`t think I`d like to see what`s really under there now.......

Soup all made for next two days lunch........chicken is marinading away nicely for dinner, couple of hours away yet.....maybe time for a cup of tea.......

Ooh yes, never a bad time for tea, Schumi.

Love the sloth flag Keisha. Yeah, if ya gotta go, ya gotta. Better hope the tree you pee behind has no one strolling by. LoL

Clouds and sun repeat weather day. But at least sunny right now.

Ended up with a toasted croissant with bacon and cheese breakfast. Would have put egg on it too, but we used up all my eggs the other night. Will remember to buy more this weekend. And of course, with both kids not moving fast, watching their classes, are now asking a what for lunch. Eh, maybe soup.

Time for bundling up, hair tied back, and sunglasses on. Lunchtime walk.

Hope all homies are having a fabulous Friday.

Well done Carole with all your phone calls. I’m sure much appreciated.

Love the sloth Keisha. One of our favourite animals at Chester Zoo.

The water is quite cool off Black Rock Sands but the beach is miles long and huge and there are natural inlets where (in summer) the water really warms up and is lovely for children to swim and play in. On the other side of the bay are the mountains of Snowdonia so an impressive back drop. If things open up fully there is a nice pool and splash play area on the park. We won’t tell them until we know if it will go ahead.

6BF9E7B8-F55E-43A1-8E6B-FF457D65758A.jpeg
Mussels in garlic and white wine for us this evening with garlic bread.

Used to be a great Italian restaurant in Manchester that made yummy Stromboli - Coco’s - closed some years ago.

We will be searching for a movie tonight. Thank goodness for all our streaming platforms that have helped to occupy us!

View attachment 551685
Mussels in garlic and white wine for us this evening with garlic bread.

Used to be a great Italian restaurant in Manchester that made yummy Stromboli - Coco’s - closed some years ago.

We will be searching for a movie tonight. Thank goodness for all our streaming platforms that have helped to occupy us!
That’s a lovely pic! Look at those hills. Here most Atlantic beach areas are flat for miles. Fun to drive in and see who can be first to see that lovely blue color

cant get fresh mussels here easily, sadly. Love a spicy version with lots of crusty italian bread to sip it all up tho. Of all places, aldis sells a frozen, microwaved package now & again that allows me to get my fix Tiniest ones you’ve ever seen, mostly shell, yet tasty

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Friday again. DH wasn't able to get back to work. His 2nd COVID test was inconclusive. The whole process of getting him back to work has been such a fiasco. His employer contracted with another company to handle it all and they are doing an absolute terrible job. The first day he called he waited over 6 hours on hold. He has probably spent at least 12 hours on hold over the last three weeks. When he went today to have another test done, the person said that they probably did not stick the swab far enough up his nose. He said there was probably brain matter on the swab after they did the test today. Hopefully, he will be back at work Monday. Funny thing is that his employer is considered essential to national defense so they have received 20,000 vaccines that they will start giving out next week.

Had my car inspected yesterday and DH's oil changed today so car maintenance is caught up. No plans for the weekend.

Baja fish tacos with cilantro rice for dinner.

I`m so sorry for the death in your family. I think you`re doing the right thing staying home.

I think it took about two weeks for my taste and smell to come back properly, maybe even slightly longer, it was weird.

Thanks! It seems to be coming back slowly.

I love Stromboli. DH will not share so we always have to get two, LOL.

Good evening everyone. I had a fairly productive day today. Colored my hair, went to the mall (only found one shirt that I wanted), did a load of laundry, and even exercised. I also called Universal. I booked a room a few days ago but never got an email confirmation. Thankfully I had taken a screenshot of my confirmation number.

Real - Love the picture. It looks so different than the beaches I am used to.

Cam - Sorry to hear your dh is having such a difficult time with testing and getting back to work.

We have exciting plans for tomorrow. We are going to look for new blinds for our living room window. Woo-hoo! I'm thinking about getting cordless blinds because of the cat.

Good idea, Charade. I always save that number too, after I checkout, though I usually get an email soon after checkout.

Kids wanted Chinese food for dinner. Ah so good, and leftover just tastes just as good.

Will leave the light on. I’m tired. Once again, DH was not a good sleeper last night, so I was not either. He asked what I am doing tomorrow, and I replied, hopefully sleeping later, or at least will be quite the lazy starter if I do have an early wake up. Which most likely means will be the the lazy morning. Either way, may all the homies have a most restful and relaxing night.

And with all this talking of such good sounding food, will leave the night light on, in case some late night snacking needed.
193AFB06-E4F9-4641-8BFD-710A1D28A91D.jpeg

Woke to snow falling heavily. Everywhere’s is covered again. Forecast says will stop by lunchtime so we will wait and see. I am making Beef Casserole in the slow cooker for tonight so an easy meal.

I didn’t want to put my brother’s birthday gift of the photo book into the post. Some is taking so long to arrive. So we plan to drive over and either hand it over or pop in his letter box. He’s about 10 miles away so will be the longest we have driven for a long time as we are still in lockdown likely to be for some weeks.

Think this length of lockdown so difficult for so many. As yet not helping the death rate so praying the quick roll out of vaccine continues and is a turning point.

Was going to pay 2 cheques in at the bank on our way out but just looked and currently none opening on Saturday so will have to wait.

Happy Saturday all and hope Bobbie got safely moved.

That’s a lovely pic! Look at those hills. Here most Atlantic beach areas are flat for miles. Fun to drive in and see who can be first to see that lovely blue color

cant get fresh mussels here easily, sadly. Love a spicy version with lots of crusty italian bread to sip it all up tho. Of all places, aldis sells a frozen, microwaved package now & again that allows me to get my fix Tiniest ones you’ve ever seen, mostly shell, yet tasty

You`d love the coastline around the UK for seafood. Where we used to live in Scotland has the best scallops (hand dived) langoustines, lobster and so much more......we do have some lovely seafood on the east coast too. Mussels I`m not a fan of, I prefer oysters......Tom prefers mussels.....we compliment one another......I do love PEI ones we got a few times.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Friday again. DH wasn't able to get back to work. His 2nd COVID test was inconclusive. The whole process of getting him back to work has been such a fiasco. His employer contracted with another company to handle it all and they are doing an absolute terrible job. The first day he called he waited over 6 hours on hold. He has probably spent at least 12 hours on hold over the last three weeks. When he went today to have another test done, the person said that they probably did not stick the swab far enough up his nose. He said there was probably brain matter on the swab after they did the test today. Hopefully, he will be back at work Monday. Funny thing is that his employer is considered essential to national defense so they have received 20,000 vaccines that they will start giving out next week.

Had my car inspected yesterday and DH's oil changed today so car maintenance is caught up. No plans for the weekend.

Baja fish tacos with cilantro rice for dinner.

Thanks! It seems to be coming back slowly.

I love Stromboli. DH will not share so we always have to get two, LOL.

Glad to hear you`re getting there cam......but that does sound a fiasco for your husband. Hope he gets sorted soon, and hope you all do well.

I don`t think many of us have plans right now.....lol........

realfood......your quote has disappeared.........yes, I love doing the phone calls, and it has been a joy already. Everyone has been so lovely and to listen to them chat is so nice. One lady is a lot younger than I expected, but completely isolated with no family, it`s quite sad at times I`ve realised, but very rewarding.

Never been to Wales, we tend to visit Scotland or Cornwall for beaches, but they do have some lovely areas there. It`s nice to plan on something this summer for sure. I think we`ll look for something in May when Orlando doesn`t work out. Depending on conditions and restrictions too.

Beautiful sunny and frosty morning here, we have -4 as a real feel according to the temps.......everything looks so gorgeous though.

Our gardener is back to full health, so he is back today to do a few things...I wrapped up warm to take him down a big mug of tea and it is perishing out of the sunshine, told him not to do too much and I`ll take him another mug down if he`s still here in a bit.

Made my focaccia and some sausage rolls for Tom. I had sausage meat to use up so those are idea as we can freeze ones not eaten and maybe give some to our gardener if he`s still here. He likes a good bit of stodge too.

More baking ahead this afternoon I think but I think a walk is in the plans too as it`ll be slightly warmer, and by warmer I mean around 0c.

Stir fries all round tonight.......making one sauce from scratch, others are store bought but they love them.

Also want to do a shout out to our lovely macraven who has been missing from the boards these last couple of days.....I know she`ll be posting soon, but wanted to say a great big hello from us on the San thread :wave2:

i-4LWBCd5-S.gif

cv18-M.gif

Have a wonderful Saturday :)

Ah yes, that quiet house, but for a tea kettle whistle as I was putting the wash in the washer. Almost done. Well, an early wake up, but still consider that lazy. Cloudy sunrise, but saying will be a beautiful sunny afternoon. Yeah, and 28F now. Cool day, I’d say.

And may do soup for breakfast. Some wonton soup leftover, so sounds perfect. Warm and hot, this time of year, is more the temperature of meals. Seems like that’s Julie’s and Schumi’s thoughts too.

Yeah, I think the mail is still not back to routine delivery times. So I’d probably would hand carry your brother’s gift too, Julie. Then you know he will get it on his birthday. Heck, I am still getting Christmas cards. And, still have not received a purchase from early December. It is still in transit several states away from me. Sigh. I may just ask the seller for a refund, and will return it when ever it does arrive. I’ve received other packages from that seller, so why that one is taking forever, I guess it got in stuck in that huge backup right after Thanksgiving. Crazy.

Ah yes, the weekend is here. Woot Woot for that. Not much to do today. And while we need to stock up the pantry for the week, quite the leftovers, so may save any grocery runs until tomorrow.

Weather guy said we will have some more dry days. Yay, though he did say good chances of snow twice next week. Eh, even if we are unlucky, and get some snow, the end of the next week is to be rainy. So, any snow will certainly be washed away, even if not that warm out. Today, our high temp is below freezing. Yeah, I’d say we are starting what was said to be a cold weekend.

Good Morning homies, and a Good Afternoon to Julie and Schumi.

Hi Mac, hope all is well for you. Good thoughts. And a hug.

Cam, that is so frustrating for your DH. I hope his tests are negative, and you both feeling good now.

So nice of you to share tea, Schumi, and do those calls. So important to make people feel connected.

Yep, time to finish the wash, drink more tea, sip some soup, and then take that mighty long hot shower. It’s a Saturday. Yay!

Absolutely positive thoughts flying to Mac.

Some beautiful scenery in Wales Schumi. We are so close to North Wales from Cheshire. Spent many holidays in Abersoch and on Anglesey. Not as main holidays but extra weeks and short breaks. Porthmadog is not a very pretty town but the coast and the hills are spectacular. We don’t go far when the children are with us as they love the beach. Would prefer to go to Devon but travel time for Em collecting the children makes North Wales ideal again this time.

Didn’t drive over to my brother as snow continued but will go tomorrow as Monday is his birthday.

Lynne do you have a grocery store near you? What are your restrictions while there? We have to wear masks and shop as individuals though you can take small children if necessary. I have got our next three orders lined up. Two deliveries and one collection.

Could get more snow as sky has gone very dark.

I have many grocery stores near me, Julie. They go by number of people in store. I tend to go by myself or with one of my kids. Or the two kids go. But I have seen whole large families. At first, line to get in, but with the current limits, have never waited to go in. Stores are the same. Only lines I have ever seen are for the mall luxury stores and Apple store. Mostly because they are small, and easiest to have only a few in those stores. And once in awhile, small line for other stores. I am one that is not fond of grocery shopping, so I’m glad when the kids go. Though there is always a bag of stuff they wanted that was not on my list. Oh well. My pantry clears as the week goes by.

Ooh, both kids are up. Zapping leftovers. Bunch or late breakfast served.

Wow.....quiet day on here today.

realfood, never fancied Wales at all.......but, we are certainly spoiled in the UK for having some beautiful beaches, we love living next to the sea and always have done on both coasts in the UK. West Coast beaches are usually a little warmer.

Quiet night here, thinking of trying to organise another quiz evening next Saturday night for some of the gang, it`s been a while since the last one we did. It was fun.

Dinner was good, plates all cleared and no room for dessert....watching some DVD`s as Saturday night tv in general is dreadful....all silly shows about nothing.

Having an elderflower and ginger spritzer tonight.......not very exciting, but lovely all the same.......

Hope your Saturday is a good one.......

Better late than never. Busy day, had to pop by hospital for bloodwork pre check up next week. Then, decided it was time to use up the sad bananas & make the mr his beloved divinity :crazy2: That stuff so sweet it makes my teeth hurt. Something for everyone

takeout Chinese was great today, has been hit & miss last few forays

DB260D9D-F214-42CB-B821-ECCCE9AB7348.jpegE2971626-A71A-4E27-A3A8-42E46AFE191B.jpeg
Continued good wishes to Mac!
He said there was probably brain matter on the swab after they did the test today.
I feel his pain. Frustrating experience there for him
Funny thing is that his employer is considered essential to national defense so they have received 20,000 vaccines that they will start giving out next week.
As my mr’s, basically got a good a take a whiz in the wind’ response as to their request for vaccines.
You`d love the coastline around the UK for seafood.
Oh, I’m sure! Seems like the best seafood comes from colder water Many bodies of water here are far too dicey to consider as to degree of chemical runoff

Ah what a windy, bad hair day. That wind, gosh the chill it went right through ya. Was glad to be inside. Kids wanted burgers, so burgers they were. No grill, just in my fry pan. No need to even dash outside for just burgers. Steaks, yeah, better on grill most of the time. Sautéed carrots, and done. Full, with some ice cream to finish off the need for something sweet. Now enjoying my cup of tea.

And like Schumi said, crap on TV. Will be seeing what movie to stream. Kids are gaming or watching whatever they want. An absolutely perfect Saturday night. Tea in hand, screen watching, and blanket around me. No need to be doing that Saturday Night night out. Nope. Thinking of putting my pajamas on too. And little one just lit a candle, so house now not smelling of burgers, but nice smelling.

Hey Keisha, would be eating that banana bread. While I am not a fan of eating bananas, I do like the bread made from them. Those white chunks? What are they?

21F out, and clear. Looked outside at sunset, was pink. Red skies at night, a sailor’s delight. Yay! Another dry nice, cool feeling day tomorrow.

Enjoy your Saturday night, homies. Yay, a day of rest tomorrow too!

D9EBFE4D-818B-41FB-B09D-42ED019F8010.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter