Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade many here have solo travel down pat. Wise women full of good ideas You’ll have a great time! Have you done MnSSHP? If they have it maybe u might want to sneak down one night. It’s not to be missed & absolutely not scary

I’ve had a kettle, never a pot. That’s fancy business there:thumbsup2

Was always afraid my monsters would destroy those fragile yet beautiful looking sets.

And not even a posted release date in website which is unusual. Don’t have July air booked yet anyway, came out high & stayed there. Just seeing some movement for early may

lol....never thought of a teapot that way......I have so many teapots.....I`m like Monica in Friends with her fancy towels and how she rates them....I have plain every day, fancy, really fancy and the Queen is coming to tea teapots.......yes, I have a problem....lol.....

I am a nervous flyer no matter what the situation. I have only flown by myself once...well, technically B was with me. It was April of 2000. I flew from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Las Vegas. I had a long layover in Dallas (I think) which didn't help my nerves. Thankfully the flight to Orlando is fairly short. It's about an hour and 15 minutes from Roanoke to Charlotte, then just under 2 hours from Charlotte to Orlando. I will be flying American. It was the least expensive of the few airlines that fly out of Roanoke. The disadvantage of living in a small city.

I have never done MNSSHP. I would like to sometime. I'm only going to be there from October 1-4, so no time for Disney this trip..

I realized tonight that I have had the best luck with the internet groups I have been part of. It started over 20 years ago back when Yahoo had email groups. I had joined a group of Cary Grant fans. I got to meet several of them when our group leader (who was from Scotland) went on vacation to Orlando with her boyfriend and his family. We met at Universal studios. I joined a Baby Center group when I was expecting B. I had the chance to meet a few of those moms in person, and most of our group are still friends on Facebook. When I lived in NC I met several nice people on a Weight Watchers message board. I am currently still part of a small Girl Scout moms group, and I have met a few of them in person. And now I am part of this group. My husband doesn't understand how I have been able to find such friendly groups. He used to post with political based groups. Those never seem to stay friendly.

Charade, I know what you mean about being lucky. So many groups that have been lovely, and people have become good friends over time. The Dis especially I have met several that have become very good friends and we email and keep in touch all the time. Other groups are the same, some we have met in real life and some have remained online friends.

There are always exceptions of course......::yes:: I wrote about one instance where a woman came up to chat to me in Sapphire Falls and then went on to tell me how she travelled to Universal so many more times than we did......lol......she lived in Tampa. But, for the most part, most people we have met have become long term friends. Some, like that lady, obviously not, there`s always the odd one or two out there.

But it is nice to meet some lovely folks this way.

We started out as the red headed step kids on the Disboards and all the posters over the years have become a family.
I can still remember when you first posted here charade.

Some come and go but still drop in at times.

I ❤ when all my kids come home.

There are a few I wish would stop by and let us know how they`re doing. I often think of StL in particular, he had a few bad years and I hope him and his family are doing ok now. It`s been a while since he popped in.

So, our flooding threat is receding, but we have high winds predicted. Just had a facetime with one of my cousins up in the North West.....she has snow but her sister has been told to leave her home due to flooding, so hopefully she`ll make it to her sister today.

We woke up to a little snow on the ground this morning, but the rain has washed it away mostly. It is freezing through, so I`m glad none of us has to go out anywhere. Groceries are delayed due to roads......instead of between 8 and 9, it`ll be here before 10, which is fine by us. And nothing is missing this week......

Going to make some calls from 10am and that`ll keep me out of mischief for a couple of hours. I really am glad I volunteered to do this.

Rest of the day will be fairly quiet........going to try and start reading this book group book.....I think I may give up before I start, but I will start it. Honestly, next one better be a cheerful one.......

i-ZWm5sPr-S.gif

cv26-L.jpg

cv19-S.jpg

cv35-X2.jpg

Have a wonderful Thirsty Thursday :)

@Charade67 that offer is so kind I’m sure she would love it! I have sent you a message - well I hope I have!!

Snow stopped about 2am - enough this morning for the children to have some time outside before J went to school. Some schools closed but his said they were carrying on. Kev took him in the 4x4 so no issues for him though others slipping and sliding. Glad Carole has no extreme weather. My best friend in West Yorkshire is close to a number of badly affected flooding areas but they are safe where they are.

I am getting too used to this not going out. Do not even want to go out. I hope when the weather warms up I will feel differently but in the meantime can keep occupied indoors.

Have promised L that we will do a chocolate cake this morning then she can decorate it later but she has currently absconded from lessons to make a snowman with her Grandpa - how blessed we are to have all this time together.

So will get organised for baking then when we’re done I will continue with my sewing. Wish I’d started it earlier I think I will need some more of certain fabric.

Hope everyone has a good day. Thinking of Bobbie getting ready for the move tomorrow and hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.

Ah yes, a Thirsty Thursday here. Doing my part. Thirsty drinking tea drinker.

Oh I just bought a bigger tea kettle last month. Apparently, I drink too much tea? But I don’t collect tea pots. I have a couple. None will I say, are fancy. I have a favorite one I use every morning.

And so, hope the English flooding is receding, and no homes flooded. And the snow. How cute, enough for a snowman to be built.

And chocolate cake, lucky grandkids, Julie.

Thankfully no snow here, but the cool air is. A balmy 21F out with a clear sky. But a nice enough day, as will be in the mid 40’s in the afternoon. With a you choose: partly cloudy or partly sunny day. I’m placing my bets that hope the sun shines more than the clouds cover it.

Hope Bonnie is finished parking, new house is ready for them, and safe travels tomorrow.

Off to refill tea cup and see breakfast options.

Totally Terrific Thirsty Thursday to all the homies.

Good Morning.😃

Realfood.....yes, so many are in a bad way weather wise with flooding. Glad you`re ok to where you are. Family in various areas of Manchester are having different experiences.

Lynne, enjoy that tea. I don`t actually collect teapots, I just have a lot of them. We use them all at various times, but wouldn`t call it a collection. One of my favourite ones is just a plain and simple Denby one......but love the new one, it arrived earlier......

Hey mac........:wave2:

Had a lovely couple of calls today, got a few this afternoon too. It`s lovely when someone tells you, that you have made their day.......::yes::

Almost lunchtime here.......will definitely use the newest teapot for lunch. Turkey sandwiches with these huge tomatoes we got. May make up some honey mustard to go with it.

I now need a new kettle as new teapot makes the one we have look a little dated. Will look at that this afternoon I think. I saw a nice Bosch one recently. We have a Bosch iron, ceramic hob and built in oven is Bosch, always been happy with their home products.

Yep, almost time for lunch.........

Yay. Maybe a new tea kettle for Schumi too. Mine is still nice and I like the whistle better than my old one.

Hi Mac. Hope all is well with you.

Eh, toast was my breakfast, though with grape jelly, and butter. Fitting enough. But just means lunch will not come fast enough. Kids both don’t have an early morning class this semester. So, neither is up. Eh, maybe older one will be up soon. This, a very quite house, as DH was not as noisy this morning.

Ah, still cool, and bad hair day alert. That pesky wind sending chills and unruly hair.

Quick hello before I go to work.

There are always exceptions of course......::yes:: I wrote about one instance where a woman came up to chat to me in Sapphire Falls and then went on to tell me how she travelled to Universal so many more times than we did......lol......she lived in Tampa. But, for the most part, most people we have met have become long term friends. Some, like that lady, obviously not, there`s always the odd one or two out there.
Oh good grief. That's hardly a fair comparison. If I still lived in FL I would probably be an annual pass holder and make frequent trips too. You have travelled far more than I ever will. I still haven't been out of my country.

that offer is so kind I’m sure she would love it! I have sent you a message - well I hope I have!!
You did. I kind of miss buying patches for B.

One more workday to go...

Last edited:
Yay. Maybe a new tea kettle for Schumi too. Mine is still nice and I like the whistle better than my old one.

Hi Mac. Hope all is well with you.

Eh, toast was my breakfast, though with grape jelly, and butter. Fitting enough. But just means lunch will not come fast enough. Kids both don’t have an early morning class this semester. So, neither is up. Eh, maybe older one will be up soon. This, a very quite house, as DH was not as noisy this morning.

Ah, still cool, and bad hair day alert. That pesky wind sending chills and unruly hair.

I`ve never had a whistling kettle. All our kettles have been electric. We never bought one for use on the Aga for some reason

I love grape jelly with cream cheese, haven`t had that in a while.

Quick hello before I go to work.

Oh good grief. That's hardly a fair comparison. If I still lived in FL I would probably be an annual pass boulder and make frequent trips too. You have travelled far more than I ever will. I still haven't been out of my country.

You did. I kind of miss buying patches for B.

One more workday to go...

Isn`t it ridiculous!! I have to admit, I just laughed and so did everyone else when I told them.......I did write about it in one trip report as I honestly thought it was so ridiculous.....yes, big difference coming from Tampa for an overnight stay to travelling from the UK.

Hope you have a quick day today........

It is quite windy, but not too bad. Window cleaner has just been, just waved to them today, didn`t go out and chat as it is cold. They were so wrapped up and they usually just have sweatshirts on, so I guessed it must be very cold even for them.

Chicken in a pepper sauce tonight. Will make the sauce just before I`m cooking the chicken pieces.

Cloud is getting darker and sea is very angry looking......glad I`m inside.......

Oh, they do sell electric tea kettles here, but I just have always put on our stove, like my mom did, Schumi. Chicken dinner sounds good, not sure what we will have. Maybe pasta again, but cheese ravioli. Will see what mood all are in.

Neither kid has been sighted. Think older one’s class is right before lunch, little one’s is after lunch. Hence, since not quite 10:30am, no need to be spunky.

Oh, they do sell electric tea kettles here, but I just have always put on our stove, like my mom did, Schumi. Chicken dinner sounds good, not sure what we will have. Maybe pasta again, but cheese ravioli. Will see what mood all are in.

Neither kid has been sighted. Think older one’s class is right before lunch, little one’s is after lunch. Hence, since not quite 10:30am, no need to be spunky.

Oh yes, I know they have them for sale in America, I’ve only seen one in an American home that we’ve visited. Electric kettles are certainly more common over here.

I do like our new teapot. Had a mid afternoon pot of tea with some lemon drizzle cake........I’ll never be slim!

It is colder than predicted here now, clear skies but quite windy. Been a very quick day today.

Ah, funny as what’s popular where you live, is not as popular other places. And like when we have different names for the same thing.

Lunch time soon. Will be wearing my sunglasses! Yay! Bundling up, Ack!

Hope all are having a good day.

Ah, funny as what’s popular where you live, is not as popular other places.

How true.

Chicken is in the oven, thought I had no double cream (heavy cream) for the pepper sauce, but I knew I had it in the fridge. Seems Tom had moved it out to the outside fridge freezer......ahem, stop moving things!

No sunglasses needed here, pitch black now.......

I don’t think you guys drink “instant” coffee or tea like we do here. My Dad had a coffee machine from the 60’s (he worked for an American company and visited many times and got used to a machine) so it was usual for me to have fresh coffee. Now most households here have a coffee pod machine of some kind but very unusual for a home not to have a kettle.

Teapots still used a lot though many youngsters just use tea bags in a mug. What style is your new one Carole

One of our favourite treats is a nice afternoon tea with good quality tea, petite sandwiches and sweet pastries, Scones with clotted cream and jam.

Glad to hear my friends husband who I mentioned has been unwell is getting the vaccine tomorrow as he is back and too at the hospital with investigation appointments and she asked and they agreed he is vulnerable.

Nearly the end of the week for those of you working and hope all looking forward to the weekend.

realfood, It`s the Le Creuset Grand Teapot. I like it. Just a day to day teapot, but I am fond of the Le Creuset brand in general and have a lot of their products in our kitchen.

Yep, every house here has a kettle for sure. We had one of those fancy do everything machines that coffee shops have, only not industrial fitted when we extended our kitchen in this house......biggest waste of space ever......no one uses it. Occasionally we make a latte, but once or twice a year maybe. I`m a tea drinker and so is Tom, but he thought he`d use it more often. I occasionally complain about it but I do have plenty of cabinets and space, so it`s not really too much of an annoyance.....wouldn`t buy another one though for our next home.

Had another facetime with goddaughter to see the new baby.....she is perfect. And mummy looks amazing, albeit a bit tired.

Another quiet night watching a dvd........cranberry and white grape spritzers for us tonight.

And sending out very good thoughts and good wishes to those that may need them.......:hug:

@schumigirl Kev had an all singing and dancing one before we came here but just has a Lavazza one now and separate milk heater. We use it a lot. My favourite tea pot is a Whittard glass infuser one and I have no idea which box it is in at storage! Never expected to still be in limbo or would have brought more items here.

Hey all, day blew by here today. Slept late as up a good portion of the night trying to catch a bee in my bedroom. No idea where it came from & why not hibernating with it’s brethren.

I’m allergic to them, so it was a necessary hunt by the light of the tv. DH was so tired from working 12 hour shifts I didn’t have the heart to wake him up. Least i managed to knock off several episodes of Perry Mason I had saved while waiting to get a good shot at it.

Today, got notice our state was supposed to start accepting 1A non-health provider vaccine appointments. Good news & bad news (there isn’t any to be had). Four hours later, the best I did was have one person tell me they weren’t taking appointments & another ask for further info on the two of us. Yes, our day will come, just not soon enough for my liking.

Gave up on making dinner, have a Stromboli awaiting me.

I ❤ when all my kids come home.
Even the ornery ones with bad habits :banana:? :stitch2: Sweeeeet
yes, I have a problem....lol...
No, you have a carefully curated collection.:thumbsup2

RL - singing & dancing tea pots? :) I’m suddenly thinking of beauty & the beast‘S Mrs Potts & Chip

Keisha, hope you are feeling better. Yeah, me too, allergic to a bee sting. Yeah, flies still around, but thought all bees were hibernating. Why I have bee and hornet spray, double pack, in my front closet. I hate even hearing the buzz.

Ah, a cool evening and pasta, and we had no red sauce. So butter, cheese, chopped ham, and chopped mini red and yellow peppers. Dinner done.

Sipping tea. That kinda night. And so glad tomorrow is a Friday. Ahhhh.

3528DFD3-06E2-48EA-A651-34732A00C87D.jpeg ::yes::

Have a totally good night. 😴

D15396A3-5F7E-4627-9B4F-5CFBBD080093.jpeg

Yay! Woot! It is a Friday. Short work week days or not, always a happy face when waking up to say, hey it’s a Friday.

And a cool, bad hair days today, and through the weekend. Weather guy said will be a cold weekend. Wind chills. Brrr, with when cold wind makes you feel even colder, and messes up your hair.

And so, at least we two degrees above freezing this morning. Add less than ten degrees, and that’s our high. And so, tea for me, and soon a hunt for breakfast.

FAD1D31C-A267-4D3D-86E7-4967E5C5C54B.jpeg

::yes:: A Very Happy Friday homies and a delightful Good Morning too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter