Something About Nothing............ #14

Yeah, Schumi, I think a couple of years ago, I picked that book up, as bookstore was promoting new books, and it interested me. I think I read it that summer, when I had time at night. I like thrillers, and it was a good book, if I remember correctly. We have a library room that has way too many books, and I don’t get to read a book in some time now. Electronically, yes, recently finished a Kingdom Keeper book.

Ack, phone says light snow coming in the hour. Booooo.

Julie, sounds like a nice day. Yeah, kids grow so fast. Nice some new clothes for them. Hope more sewing was done. It looks like it will be beautiful.

Yeah, Schumi, I think a couple of years ago, I picked that book up, as bookstore was promoting new books, and it interested me. I think I read it that summer, when I had time at night. I like thrillers, and it was a good book, if I remember correctly. We have a library room that has way too many books, and I don’t get to read a book in some time now. Electronically, yes, recently finished a Kingdom Keeper book.

Ack, phone says light snow coming in the hour. Booooo.

Julie, sounds like a nice day. Yeah, kids grow so fast. Nice some new clothes for them. Hope more sewing was done. It looks like it will be beautiful.

You can never have too many books Lynne.......I cannot get into electronic books at all.....tried them, but no, I prefer a real book.

Rain has got worse, even our grass is looking a little waterlogged and the patio areas are filling up....think it`s to ease off later.

Cosy in the sitting room with lamps on all afternoon though.......

TV is on news channels rather unusually.

23255F31-284F-4509-8F0F-030299FBB7D7.jpeg Keep it PG though :)

Will be enjoying watching this day of reaffirmation our democracy today unfold in it’s pageantry. :flower1:

bit colder, but just a light coating of snow here today. As long as we are above 30 degrees here during the winter, I’m happy
That sounds miserable. I hope you are feeling better now.
Just annoying, thankful less than 48 hours inconvenience. Had to be a virus, moving so fast. These days, the run of the mill stuff isn’t really on anyone’s radar.
We were in Charleston, SC once when snow was expected. It was predicted to start at 6:00 in the evening. The schools were sending the kids home early that day. They barely got a coating and it was gone by the next afternoon.
Honestly, probably better they did act proactively.

2CEC66C5-2F3C-41FC-B94D-24022C3D02C0.jpeg
Just after I posted last night I got an update that he was dehydrated, had blood clots in his lungs, and had an infection that was undetermined. This morning his wife reported that he was alert and she was able to face time with him. He has been moved into the Covid unit of the hospital.
Encouraging news! my mom is still fighting to get back to same baseline as before having covid. Going to be a long, hard fight for her & so many others. She had an IV in for over four nights as also dehydrated, amazing how that procedure helps them so
Absolutely no plans whatsoever for today......we`ll do some housework and I`ll get some baking in somewhere. Lasagne for dinner tonight.
IDK, between making sauce, etc. llasagne always is bit of an ordeal for me lol Glad i froze half of it for next time.
And so, happy feeling almost fine. Just a little wonky feeling in head when I first woke up. This too shall pass. Hoping the Keisha duo is feeling much better too. Yep, headaches are not any fun at all.
Wow, that headache is really lingering for you, stinks. Hang in there,

Not sure if you area has it or not...

I signed up on our county health department’s website for covid updates, mostly to permit tracing alerts & get notice of vaccine sites. It turns out I now get a phone call, text message & email every single day.

Informational & interesting, as they really break down the stats. Tried to modify it to just emails without success, now every morning when my phone rings I have just a little moment of alarm lol until I hear the recording.

View attachment 551200 Keep it PG though :)

Will be enjoying watching this day of reaffirmation our democracy today unfold in it’s pageantry. :flower1:

bit colder, but just a light coating of snow here today. As long as we are above 30 degrees here during the winter, I’m happy

Just annoying, thankful less than 48 hours inconvenience. Had to be a virus, moving so fast. These days, the run of the mill stuff isn’t really on anyone’s radar.

Honestly, probably better they did act proactively.

View attachment 551209

Encouraging news! my mom is still fighting to get back to same baseline as before having covid. Going to be a long, hard fight for her & so many others. She had an IV in for over four nights as also dehydrated, amazing how that procedure helps them so

IDK, between making sauce, etc. llasagne always is bit of an ordeal for me lol Glad i froze half of it for next time.

Wow, that headache is really lingering for you, stinks. Hang in there,

Not sure if you area has it or not...

I signed up on our county health department’s website for covid updates, mostly to permit tracing alerts & get notice of vaccine sites. It turns out I now get a phone call, text message & email every single day.

Informational & interesting, as they really break down the stats. Tried to modify it to just emails without success, now every morning when my phone rings I have just a little moment of alarm lol until I hear the recording.

Love the memes Janet!! Will keep it all PG!

Yes, news is interesting today for once. Do they have snow now??

I think our lasagne is slightly different from the way it`s served in the US. We make a cheese sauce to go on top of the lasagne sheets and meat with sauce, never use ricottta the way some do.....and it looks more set over here.....if that makes sense.....lol......love it though!!

And always good to read your mum is doing better........

Yes, news is interesting today for once. Do they have snow now??
Just a tad for them right now. DC is usually relatively temperate vs surrounding areas. I’ve seen some monster snow drifts not too far out in VA when driving thru the area. They do get some snow now & again that shuts them down

Ah ok, yes, my lasagne is a bit of a brick. Do variety of meats in it, usually sausage & ground beef & the ricotta & various cheeses depending on what’s in the fridge. Subbed half Asiago in for mozzarella last go-round, afraid it would be too dry but came out well. Always good to switch er up.

Just a tad for them right now. DC is usually relatively temperate vs surrounding areas. I’ve seen some monster snow drifts not too far out in VA when driving thru the area. They do get some snow now & again that shuts them down

Ah ok, yes, my lasagne is a bit of a brick. Do variety of meats in it, usually sausage & ground beef & the ricotta & various cheeses depending on what’s in the fridge. Subbed half Asiago in for mozzarella last go-round, afraid it would be too dry but came out well. Always good to switch er up.

Love asiago too. I use a mix after I make the roux, usually a sharp red leicester and taleggio.....taleggio is one of my favourite cheeses in the world, after Brie.

I never used any type of sausage in lasagne.....always ground beef, sounds tasty though.

Looks bloomin cold over there though.....feel for those folks who have been waiting for a long time..........

Still pouring down with rain here........

We too had the inauguration on the news channel.

I said earlier we were there in Washington exactly five years ago and we were warned heavy snow was coming in. We went in a taxi with DIL to a Cheesecake Factory she had visited before - within a small shopping mall. We enjoyed our meal and when we came to leave oh my the snow had just come right down - taxis all disappeared and traffic virtually nil. We were a long way from our hotel the Omni Shoreham - but luckily we weren’t too far from an underground so we managed to get back but the next day we had doubts about our flight right to the last minute but we got out just an hour before the airport closed.

It was quite exciting and we wouldn’t have minded staying longer there was so much to see.

Got two more full patches done. Not sure what size I will do yet. Will try two a day though.

Em and L are doing Zoom Brownies now but she is really missing friends it’s so tough when they are little and just building their confidence up.

Hope all enjoy their evening.0BF78406-8FE3-4C3B-A135-D00DCEBB8CB0.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi SANs peeps! Feeling much better now. Still at home. My manager told me to stay home this week. I will go back next week. I need to get back to work because I have become soooo lazy. DH has to have 2 negative COVID tests before he can go back to work. He went yesterday and got his first negative test. He goes tomorrow to get his second test and hopefully will be back to work Friday. It will be hard getting up and going but I need the change of scenery. My great aunt's funeral is today but I have decided that it is best that I stay home. She would have been 91 next month. She was the epidemy of a sweet southern woman. She was the matriarch of my dad's family and will be truly missed. I told her sister that even though I am feeling better, I would rather not take the risk of getting anyone sick.

I have gotten into audible books. I mainly listen to them at work or when I go for a walk but I prefer to have a book in hand myself. I have been listening to a lighthearted detective series, the Heathcliff Lennox Mysteries by Karen Menuhin. The narrator is fabulous. I accidently bought an e-book, The Thursday Murder Club so I guess that will be my next read. I do enjoy a good murder/detective story.

Nice sunny day in Virginia. 59 degrees today. Trying to get motivated to do something.

Taste has not come back 100% so I have not been cooking a lot but I may give it a shot tonight. No idea what though :)

@cam757 so glad you are improving. I love a good murder mystery. Not the gore and fear ones but the traditional ones - yes I’m old fashioned. I like to watch on tv or read the book or listen online. Not heard of Heathcliff Lennox Mysteries so will look into them.

Yay, Cam and her DH on the final mend. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Cam. Yeah, when I start to commute, will feel weird for a few days. Been 10 months plus a week so far. And last I heard, my work is still at the everyone please don’t come in level. Being in very casual clothes has its perks. LoL

Ah, no snow to see, and beautiful yellow with that late afternoon sun. Loving it, even if I have to shiver with that cool feeling wind.

Thinking some breakfast type food for dinner I think. Feeling it. Tired looking last of the taters, so home fries they will be, some ham leftover, so fried up it will be, thinking of using up the eggs, too, and scramble them to fry. May sneak some bacon in there, ooh bacon cheese home fries. Though will leave some plain taters for little one, but she’d eat just the bacon. Did burgers and fries for lunch, or as it was brunch for the kids.

Off to hang on a door, have to stretch my back out. Tried to get older one to pick me up, but only a crack was heard, so did some correction, but hey I’m not that old lady yet.😊

Hi SANs peeps! Feeling much better now
So good to hear! Sympathies for your loss
Off to hang on a door, have to stretch my back out. Tried to get older one to pick me up, but only a crack was heard, so did some correction, but hey I’m not that old lady yet.😊
Oh my gosh, I feel :faint: reading that. Did home traction for years for neck & back, enjoyed the relief. Yet, it disturbs me to hear my family loudly “crack themselves” & they look like contortionists in the process

special request for hot dogs, baked beans & pasta salad today from the middle DS. Um, okay lol

My older one would be happy for your meal Keisha, little one, nope. Yeah, my dad had this contraption hooked up to the door to help with back and neck. I just try to hang with my arms. I should go for a good back straightening visit, but eh, most of the time, I stretch, and twist I’m good.

Hehe, DH asked what for dinner. I said probably not starting until after 5. Not my fault he did not eat much for lunch.

Well, I did it. I took the plunge and reserved a room for October. I figure I will watch for the AP rates and hopefully get a good deal. I may even switch hotels if the price is right.

Anytime around then is a good time to go Charade......we love September/October and yes, the AP is an easy choice.
I wish I had understood about AP and AP room rates back when I booked my vacation in 2017. We probably could have saved a significant amount of money. Oh well, live and learn. I have learned a lot from these message boards.

( ❄ Just no, please)
Our forecast is showing some for next week, but it will probably be nothing again.

Nothing exciting just new vests for both the GC as they seem to be having another growth spurt.
I used to say that it would be so nice if kids only grew at the end of a season. I once had to get B new dance shoes a week before her recital.

Enjoyed the phone calls I made this morning. Got through to some lovely people, and the first lady I spoke to was originally from Scotland although had been in England for over 60 years. They were all lovely though, I really enjoyed calling everyone.
How cool. Will you be doing this everyday?

You can never have too many books Lynne.......I cannot get into electronic books at all.....tried them, but no, I prefer a real book.
I have a few books on my iPad, but prefer paper books. Today dh said, "I think I have enough books for now." I told him he must be ill, he's delirious.

Em and L are doing Zoom Brownies now but she is really missing friends it’s so tough when they are little and just building their confidence up.
Hugs to her. Scouts/Guides is such a social thing. I know it must be hard for her. Do you think she would like a patch or something from American Brownies? If you are willing to share an address I would be happy to send her something.

Hi SANs peeps! Feeling much better now.
Great to hear.

My great aunt's funeral is today but I have decided that it is best that I stay home.
So sorry for your loss and that you won't be able to attend the funeral.

I love a good murder mystery.
I am a fan of what I think is called "cozy" mysteries. Good stories without all the gore. I still have a Mary Higgins Clark book that I have not read yet.

I have some time to kill before dinner. I should do something productive, but probably won't.

Hi SANs peeps! Feeling much better now. Still at home. My manager told me to stay home this week. I will go back next week. I need to get back to work because I have become soooo lazy. DH has to have 2 negative COVID tests before he can go back to work. He went yesterday and got his first negative test. He goes tomorrow to get his second test and hopefully will be back to work Friday. It will be hard getting up and going but I need the change of scenery. My great aunt's funeral is today but I have decided that it is best that I stay home. She would have been 91 next month. She was the epidemy of a sweet southern woman. She was the matriarch of my dad's family and will be truly missed. I told her sister that even though I am feeling better, I would rather not take the risk of getting anyone sick.

I have gotten into audible books. I mainly listen to them at work or when I go for a walk but I prefer to have a book in hand myself. I have been listening to a lighthearted detective series, the Heathcliff Lennox Mysteries by Karen Menuhin. The narrator is fabulous. I accidently bought an e-book, The Thursday Murder Club so I guess that will be my next read. I do enjoy a good murder/detective story.

Nice sunny day in Virginia. 59 degrees today. Trying to get motivated to do something.

Taste has not come back 100% so I have not been cooking a lot but I may give it a shot tonight. No idea what though :)

I`m so sorry for the death in your family. I think you`re doing the right thing staying home.

I think it took about two weeks for my taste and smell to come back properly, maybe even slightly longer, it was weird.

I can`t get into audible books at all, and gave up on a Kindle very quickly. It`s a real book for me and the written word. I very rarely watch vlogs as I prefer to read about something........I devour books and have done since I was very young, and I`m always grateful Kyle was the same......Tom has read the Harry Potter books and Jurassic Park....that`s it.....lol....

Hope you feel much better soon cam.......always good to see you drop by......

Yay, Cam and her DH on the final mend. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Cam. Yeah, when I start to commute, will feel weird for a few days. Been 10 months plus a week so far. And last I heard, my work is still at the everyone please don’t come in level. Being in very casual clothes has its perks. LoL

Ah, no snow to see, and beautiful yellow with that late afternoon sun. Loving it, even if I have to shiver with that cool feeling wind.

Thinking some breakfast type food for dinner I think. Feeling it. Tired looking last of the taters, so home fries they will be, some ham leftover, so fried up it will be, thinking of using up the eggs, too, and scramble them to fry. May sneak some bacon in there, ooh bacon cheese home fries. Though will leave some plain taters for little one, but she’d eat just the bacon. Did burgers and fries for lunch, or as it was brunch for the kids.

I don`t think we`ve ever had breakfast for dinner......it`s seems like a lot of folks do it.

Hope the back is better........

So good to hear! Sympathies for your loss

Oh my gosh, I feel :faint: reading that. Did home traction for years for neck & back, enjoyed the relief. Yet, it disturbs me to hear my family loudly “crack themselves” & they look like contortionists in the process

special request for hot dogs, baked beans & pasta salad today from the middle DS. Um, okay lol

lol.....that is a mix of food! One of my nephews can "crack" himself better.....hate to hear him do it! He can also do some contortionst tricks......I cannot and will not watch....it`s horrific! Oh yes, got some reading to do I think....... ::yes::

Well, I did it. I took the plunge and reserved a room for October. I figure I will watch for the AP rates and hopefully get a good deal. I may even switch hotels if the price is right.

How cool. Will you be doing this everyday?

I have a few books on my iPad, but prefer paper books. Today dh said, "I think I have enough books for now." I told him he must be ill, he's delirious.

Congrats on the booking! You`ll be fine and you`ll have a lovely trip I`m sure.....

I can do it as often as I choose, so yes, will do it every other day for a set amount of time or where needed.

Oh gosh yes, that is delerium.....lol....I know I`ll never read a lot of mine again, but I can`t part with any of them. I always have at least one book on the go.

Do we have a nice new font from the Dis? Looks.....neater......

Just finished The Silent Patient. Never saw the twist come at all......it was the authors first book, and I`d read him again.

It`s still raining here, but not as heavy as it was. Think we have to have some sunshine tomorrow but very windy.

I can hear a sci fi movie on through where the big tv is......I`ll stay through here where it`s quiet although I think I`m heading to bed soon. Have a grocery delivery coming early and my new teapot is coming too.....it`s so sad I`m very excited to get that ::yes:: and have a few phone calls to people isolating to do too.

And sending good thoughts out to everyone who needs them.......:hug:

Charade, i have flown by myself more than a few times. You will be fine. I use my headphones and play on my phone while at my seat. I tend to like aisle seats, as can get out fast, but with the chance to have many brush by me, last times, used the window seat. That was at least where they did not fill the middle seat. Way down, no one in my 3 seat part. On way back, person did take the aisle seat. I usually drink water and eat, but with it last September, I never removed my mask until I got out of the garage. I did think the car seemed recently washed. Best part, you can do and go where want, and have room to yourself. That last part I totally enjoy. Good for you to book both. Yeah, keep your ear to hear, usually they announce good passholder rates for HHN times. I am patiently waiting to see flight prices for the Fall. So far, SW only to middle of August, which does not help me.

Full, and enjoying a cup of tea, and relaxing. Yep, quiet enough week day right. As it should be.

May all have a most restful sleep. 💤

Charade many here have solo travel down pat. Wise women full of good ideas You’ll have a great time! Have you done MnSSHP? If they have it maybe u might want to sneak down one night. It’s not to be missed & absolutely not scary
Have a grocery delivery coming early and my new teapot is coming too.....it`s so sad I`m very excited to get that ::yes:: and have a few phone calls to people isolating to do too.
I’ve had a kettle, never a pot. That’s fancy business there:thumbsup2

Was always afraid my monsters would destroy those fragile yet beautiful looking sets.

So far, SW only to middle of August, which does not help me
And not even a posted release date in website which is unusual. Don’t have July air booked yet anyway, came out high & stayed there. Just seeing some movement for early may

Charade, i have flown by myself more than a few times. You will be fine. I use my headphones and play on my phone while at my seat. I tend to like aisle seats, as can get out fast, but with the chance to have many brush by me, last times, used the window seat. That was at least where they did not fill the middle seat. Way down, no one in my 3 seat part. On way back, person did take the aisle seat. I usually drink water and eat, but with it last September, I never removed my mask until I got out of the garage. I did think the car seemed recently washed. Best part, you can do and go where want, and have room to yourself. That last part I totally enjoy. Good for you to book both. Yeah, keep your ear to hear, usually they announce good passholder rates for HHN times. I am patiently waiting to see flight prices for the Fall. So far, SW only to middle of August, which does not help me.
I am a nervous flyer no matter what the situation. I have only flown by myself once...well, technically B was with me. It was April of 2000. I flew from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Las Vegas. I had a long layover in Dallas (I think) which didn't help my nerves. Thankfully the flight to Orlando is fairly short. It's about an hour and 15 minutes from Roanoke to Charlotte, then just under 2 hours from Charlotte to Orlando. I will be flying American. It was the least expensive of the few airlines that fly out of Roanoke. The disadvantage of living in a small city.

Charade many here have solo travel down pat. Wise women full of good ideas You’ll have a great time! Have you done MnSSHP? If they have it maybe u might want to sneak down one night. It’s not to be missed & absolutely not scary
I have never done MNSSHP. I would like to sometime. I'm only going to be there from October 1-4, so no time for Disney this trip..

I realized tonight that I have had the best luck with the internet groups I have been part of. It started over 20 years ago back when Yahoo had email groups. I had joined a group of Cary Grant fans. I got to meet several of them when our group leader (who was from Scotland) went on vacation to Orlando with her boyfriend and his family. We met at Universal studios. I joined a Baby Center group when I was expecting B. I had the chance to meet a few of those moms in person, and most of our group are still friends on Facebook. When I lived in NC I met several nice people on a Weight Watchers message board. I am currently still part of a small Girl Scout moms group, and I have met a few of them in person. And now I am part of this group. My husband doesn't understand how I have been able to find such friendly groups. He used to post with political based groups. Those never seem to stay friendly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter