• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo sit-down dining reviews

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Last week I had occassion to do 2 sit-down solo lunches while DH golfed, Chefs de France and CRT. I used to be really high on eating solo at Chefs de France. However, this time I got a waiter that didn't speak English too well and I think through a miscommunication he brought me the wrong meal (but I'd had it before and really liked it). Also, he was more concerned about flirting with the 2 girls dining at the next table than paying much attention to a middle-aged lady eating alone (translation-slow service). However, Cinderella's Royal Table was wonderful-I can't say enough good about it. THey gave me what I'm sure was the best table there (#16-I've never noted table numbers before now). I had the chicken caesar salad-3rd time there for lunch & that's what I always have. As usual, it didn't disappoint. I always try a different dessert, and this time my server suggested an apple dumpling with walnuts and ice cream. It was delicious, but then again, I've never met a dessert I didn't like!
For those of you uncomfortable about sit-down dining solo, I used to be the same way. Then on my 4th trip, I discovered that if I carry a few pieces of paper and a pen, and use the time to record my thoughts and what I've done, it works out great! Ate with DH at HBD-noticed it might be too dark to do that there, also Biergarten. Now I just wish I could get my nerve to try a character meal solo!

Thanks for the reviews. I've done solo sit-down dining at both WDW and Disneyland and never felt uncomfortable. Usually, my server spends a little more time talking with me. Never done a character meal solo yet either, just with DH.

For my 3rd solo trip this December, I am going to promise
myself that I will do a character breakfast. Yes, I also take
something with me to write on. This works out well. My little
notebook is only about 3 inches square. I am usually looking at
the park map, also. I have found that if I mentally kick myself in
the butt, and say "Just do it !", I wind up having so much fun,
even tho' I am alone. The other thing that I really want to NOT
be shy about is....I want to ask many CM's to please take my
camera and take a picture of me. I just hope I can get up the nerve ! I am "middle aged" (49), and I don't have ANY children,
but I am totally obsessed with WDW, so DH stays home with our two precious cats.

I went solo in May & did 2 buffet breakfasts. Boma's food was excellent, but the waitress was slow. I also went to Hollywood & Vine for their character breakfast. I enjoyed that so much more than Boma. The food was equally as good. I didn't have a notebook - I people watched. I didn't interact with the characters at Hollywood & Vine, but that was okay.

Geri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter