SNACKS ADDED!!! I eat with my eyes first, and Pandora food is just too . . .

They tell you to use blue plates if you want to lose weight because the color makes you lose your appetite. That is what I get when I see the blue dessert. Just a I'd rather not.

I guess my brain didn't get the memo, that dessert looks very appealing to me. Seems like a silly thing to debate. If you want to eat it, do so. If you don't, save your money and try something else.

I guess my brain didn't get the memo, that dessert looks very appealing to me. Seems like a silly thing to debate. If you want to eat it, do so. If you don't, save your money and try something else.

I wasn't debating I was telling people there was scientific reasons for their observations.

Yeah not buying it. I looked it up and a different study showed that people eat less off red plates. The link you provided doesn't even have actual solid proof just quotes with no links to studies or resources. That would be like me quoting Pete's top 5 hotels and calling it fact and science because he is an expert at Disney.

Geez Louise. I've heard that since I was a kid. Thought this was pretty common knowledge. Was taught that at Weight Watchers. Also not understanding why you are being so hostile. This thread was started by someone who said they found the blue unappealing. I then said yeah many people find the blue unappealing it is an appetite suppressant. I was agreeing with the OP. Do you have stock in this dessert?

Beano Out!

This place will probably be too crowded for a while anyway. We really enjoy Harambe Market and will likely stick with that. I can't wait to read lots of reviews though!

Geez Louise. I've heard that since I was a kid. Thought this was pretty common knowledge. Was taught that at Weight Watchers. Also not understanding why you are being so hostile. This thread was started by someone who said they found the blue unappealing. I then said yeah many people find the blue unappealing it is an appetite suppressant. I was agreeing with the OP. Do you have stock in this dessert?

Beano Out!

Not being hostile. Just saying it isn't great to claim something is scientific fact then have no actual science to back it up. I don't have stock in the dessert at all and if you saw my review I said it was just okay. I just believe if you are going to quote something as being scientific fact you can provide some facts to back it up such as a peer reviewed study.

Not being hostile. Just saying it isn't great to claim something is scientific fact then have no actual science to back it up. I don't have stock in the dessert at all and if you saw my review I said it was just okay. I just believe if you are going to quote something as being scientific fact you can provide some facts to back it up such as a peer reviewed study.

Sorry I meant more like science you hear on abc news in the morning, read research done by Cornell on the old Apple news feed. Not peer reviewed studies. But since my work involves peer reviewed studies I can tell you, you can find plenty that contradict each other as well. Coffee saves lives, coffee will kill you!

I was sharing a tidbit, a factoid if you will. Have a good evening.

They tell you to use blue plates if you want to lose weight because the color makes you lose your appetite. That is what I get when I see the blue dessert. Just a I'd rather not.
I guess the color thing doesnt work on me because my dinner plates are blue, and let me tell you, I eat. :lmao:

That blue dessert looks delicious. Im very intrigued by the colors. :goodvibes

Just realized I have zero idea what the theme (other than blue people) of Avatar is, guess I better watch the movie! Fantasy/sci-fi/action films really don't appeal to me, not even a little bit, but I did love the Harry Potter stuff at Universal and I've never really seen those movies either.

So, I'm guessing it's some sort of eco conservation thing and we are the bad guys?

If I recall correctly, it's kind of like FernGully but with blue aliens instead of faeries. I did watch it a while ago though.

I think the food here looks good. I love a me a blue sluhshy, so colourings don't bother me (may even help beat the jetlag in the first few days, lol). I'm sure we'll try the green beer and my +1 LOVES bao so I think we'll give the buns a good try too, maybe even the bowls if we want something lighter/fresher.

Here's a question for anyone who has eaten at Satuli Canteen (I think that's what it is called)--

Are the bowls served hot or cold?

I am only disappointed that I will not be there long enough on my upcoming trip to try everything in every combination on the menu at Satu'li Canteen.

I've got to try the quinoa, chicken, and chimichurri bowl, and I am also looking forward to the curry pod. Though how can I NOT try the cheeseburger pod? Hope I can do the breakfast pod, but the steak and eggs and the fresh fruit plate also look wonderful. How am I going to eat all of this and get over to Flame Tree for that watermelon salad? And this, in addition to my reservation at Tiffin's and the the food on the Wild Africa Trek . . . Oh, this is a nice problem to have.

:-)

Hallelujah! I love that AKL is becoming a full day event...it's my favorite park, and I am really looking forward to immersing myself in it (and the chow!) for an entire day!

I'd really like to try this place, but my son and husband are not adventurous eaters and they'd probably balk.

I'd heard of the blue plate thing myself, but it was years ago and I have no idea what the source was. I think blue is just an uncommon color in foods in nature, so many people associate it with "artificial" or "kids" or "will stain my tongue until the end of time." I'd be willing to try it though if it weren't for the dairy in it. (Well, maybe with enough of those lactase pills I could manage a small bit. :o)

Here's a question for anyone who has eaten at Satuli Canteen (I think that's what it is called)--

Are the bowls served hot or cold?

The contents are hot. It would be similar to how a Chipotle bowl is if you have had one of those before. The meat is the right temp to serve safely and the grains are at least room temperature or warm. It is not piping hot.

I'd really like to try this place, but my son and husband are not adventurous eaters and they'd probably balk.

I'd heard of the blue plate thing myself, but it was years ago and I have no idea what the source was. I think blue is just an uncommon color in foods in nature, so many people associate it with "artificial" or "kids" or "will stain my tongue until the end of time." I'd be willing to try it though if it weren't for the dairy in it. (Well, maybe with enough of those lactase pills I could manage a small bit. :o)

They really don't have to be adventurous eaters. You can get grilled chicken or grilled steak with rice. If they won't eat that then there are cheese quesadillas on the kids menu.

They really don't have to be adventurous eaters. You can get grilled chicken or grilled steak with rice. If they won't eat that then there are cheese quesadillas on the kids menu.

Maybe I'll try to convince them then. They'll get nervous though even if it only looks a little weird!

We ate lunch there on Friday (after a few Mo'ara margaritas from Pongu Pongu). I really enjoyed the cheeseburger buns; the blue sangria was just okay. The other two in our party loved their noodle bowls. None of us had dessert. Staff outnumbered patrons that day at least 2:1. We had cast members bringing us extra napkins, hovering nearby hoping for *anything* to do. lol

Beano Out!

I actually bought a couple of blue plastic plates to try the "curb your appetite" thing (which was VERY common knowledge back in the day - maybe not written up in any scientific journal by Stanford, but the theory made the rounds!). I also bought a few "luncheon" plates to eat dinner off of to make portions seem larger, and that worked a bit better for me than the blue plate concept. For me, "blue plate" made me think of "blue plate special" which made me think of meatloaf, and then, well, forget it! LOL!

Anyway, I always love when a new place opens at Disney - although with Disney Springs revamping, etc. there have been soon many this year - and seeing how many things remain on the menu over the first few months of operation. We'll see how the Pandora places make out!

@wilkeliza Thanks. You answered my question perfectly. So simply put, the food is not chilled and it's not like a salad.

I certainly want to try it then.

@Planogirl Is there seating in the Harambe Market?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter