SNACKS ADDED!!! I eat with my eyes first, and Pandora food is just too . . .

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
colorful? Not sure what it is, but I don't like the look of some of it. Like that cheesecake is just too blue, and those steamed buns look too, well, steamed! Doughy?? And all those little pearly things scattered about - ????

As we always say here on the DIS, to each his own, and I am sure there are lots of folks who are looking forward to the eats in Pandora, but besides the grain bowls (which look very tasty), everything else looks unappetizing to me. Am I alone on this?

colorful? Not sure what it is, but I don't like the look of some of it. Like that cheesecake is just too blue, and those steamed buns look too, well, steamed! Doughy?? And all those little pearly things scattered about - ????

As we always say here on the DIS, to each his own, and I am sure there are lots of folks who are looking forward to the eats in Pandora, but besides the grain bowls (which look very tasty), everything else looks unappetizing to me. Am I alone on this?
Steamed buns are among my favorite food on Earth. I'm more concerned about the filling -- cheeseburger and vegetable curry? Neither really make sense, but then again, I suppose nothing really makes sense when you're trying to come up with food for a fictional planet.

Honestly, the bowls look pretty decent. At least it's something different. I'm more worried about crowds at this point than food quality.

Considering the bright blue and pink and green cakes I saw at the bakery in Walmart, I'm not surprised they want alien food to be brightly coloured!

It might be tasty but I'd be the only one in my group that would even walk into the place.

I'm all excited about the entrees but that blue thing absolutely makes me better resigned to the loss of desserts on QS credits.

In my older ages (and with nephews who can't eat them), I've become more turned off to bright colors, since they normally imply artificial coloring. If Disney used natural products to get those vibrant colors (like beets, blackberries, etc), I'd find them more appetizing, but for now, they just remind me of how processed those foods probably are...

I'm hoping I'm wrong b/c Avatar, in the movie, is a world of pure naturalness, so I'm hoping they used that emphasis in the food...

The steamed buns don't appeal to me - I don't even like authentic bao, and I don't like curry or McDonald's cheeseburgers (which was the flavor they were aiming for), so that's out for me, but the bowls look delicious. DH will be all over the curry bun.

In my older ages (and with nephews who can't eat them), I've become more turned off to bright colors, since they normally imply artificial coloring. If Disney used natural products to get those vibrant colors (like beets, blackberries, etc), I'd find them more appetizing, but for now, they just remind me of how processed those foods probably are...

I'm hoping I'm wrong b/c Avatar, in the movie, is a world of pure naturalness, so I'm hoping they used that emphasis in the food...
I know they were going for the least amount of processing possible, so it's possible the blue cheesecake is naturally colored. They were trying to be as authentic to Avatar's message as they could.

I love bao, but not curry or the cheeseburger filling (the cheeseburger eggrolls tasted off-puttingly of pickles).

I'm really excited to try it all...especially the blueberry flavored cheese cake (at least that's what I've heard it is). Disney trips are pretty much my only excuse to eat whatever I want for a week out of the year...

I agree the cheesecake is a little to blue for me. We don't eat artificial coloring at home and are a little lax on vacation but that is just too blue and not appealing.

I love bao and I love cheeseburgers, but bao cheeseburger? Many, many, many expletives, no. I'll probably try the curry, but agree it seems like a weird choice.

The bowls have promise. I don't usually eat dessert, more or less ones that look like that blueberry concoction, but I keep reading that its really balanced, fruity, and not too sweet, so I may have to go against my gut and give it a shot.

Disneyfan888 has a sparkly Flounder in her/his signature that reminds me of that blue and yellow cheesecake! hahaha

Kidding aside - they couldn't possibly have used natural colors in those desserts. I think I read that the chocolate cake dessert has a banana cream on top, but the cream has a pale blue tone to it. Ain't no blue bananas!

Disneyfan888 has a sparkly Flounder in her/his signature that reminds me of that blue and yellow cheesecake! hahaha

Kidding aside - they couldn't possibly have used natural colors in those desserts. I think I read that the chocolate cake dessert has a banana cream on top, but the cream has a pale blue tone to it. Ain't no blue bananas!
:joker::joker::joker:

Does anyone have any pics of the offerings at Pandora? I have heard great things. Can't wait to go.

18493934_10212450824682995_1040343141_o.jpg
Cream cheese and pineapple roll at snack stand.
18516613_10212450822762947_1090762792_o.jpg
Beer and non alcoholic frozen drink from same stand.
18552862_10212450824562992_1208621600_o.jpg
I am not an adventurous eater and I have never had steamed buns before. This is the cheeseburger one and I really enjoyed it. I would get it again when we go back.

18519306_10212450823082955_1138990825_o.jpg
Build your own bowl. This was my husbands and I tried it. It was very good but the beef looked a bit better. Chicken with vegetable greens and chimmichurri sauce.
18518984_10212450825123006_1292483700_o.jpg
They are actually grilling the meets here and you can watch through a window.

I know they were going for the least amount of processing possible, so it's possible the blue cheesecake is naturally colored. They were trying to be as authentic to Avatar's message as they could.

Natural blue colouring for food is technically impossible from a 'food source'. No such thing as a blue food. Cornflowers are one of the non-food sources for natural colouring. Most blue dyes are from minerals so not necessarily food grade.

What about blueberries?
Not really blue. Juice wise, I mean.

And also, No reason for Disney to do it. They actually use a ton of dyes. If you've ever see natural gelato, for example- the colors aren't vivid like Disney's ice cream or frosting or desserts or drinks in general.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter