SNACKS ADDED!!! I eat with my eyes first, and Pandora food is just too . . .

I had the cheeseburger pods and foance had a chicken bowl. We got 1 of each dessert. The cheeseburger pods were surprisingly good. I love pork buns and was like heck yes when I saw the photos until I read they are cheeseburger. I was like ugh not right at all. That changed upong eating them. I will say my first one was superior to the 2nd (adult meal gets 2 kids gets 1). 1st one the meat was chocked well but the second one had some tougher chunks. Still tasted good. I can see how a lot of "middle America" guests will consider them too bready even though steam buns have the same bread to filling ratio.

Good to know about the cheeseburger pods! How were the desserts and chicken bowl?

Good to know about the cheeseburger pods! How were the desserts and chicken bowl?

Fiance said his chicken bowl with rice and grains was the best quick service. He liked how fresh it was. The desserts were the let down. The chocolate was intense almost baking chocolate rich but fiance liked that one. Cheesecake was okay and what I expect from quick service but didn't blow me away.

That's how I'm seeing it. I don't do burgers, fries, pizza or nuggets and all those salads get old after a while. Admittedly AK does have decent QS already. They need something like this at DHS!
I can do burgers and pizza, but I only want either of them.maybe once in a week. :)
Fiance said his chicken bowl with rice and grains was the best quick service. He liked how fresh it was. The desserts were the let down. The chocolate was intense almost baking chocolate rich but fiance liked that one. Cheesecake was okay and what I expect from quick service but didn't blow me away.

Ooh...I love, love, love dark chocolate. That sounds awesome!

Disney did at Pandora what Universal did with Harry Potter, they created food and drinks for the park and they are just trying to impress and get the public hook to all this new concoction, Butterbeer is a best seller at Universal, Disney try it with Lebouf drink and it didn't catch they way the hoped, now is Avatar Land turn to see if they get their best seller from any of this new offerings.

Since they went for a heavy Asian influence on the menu, they could have tried to adapt any of these for desserts (most of the vibrant colors on these desserts do come from the foods themselves, except the last one:))...

I don't think the menu has a heavy Asian influence. It's seems more "Global"...with a slight nod to other-worldly influences. Black bean, chimichurri, the variety of proteins, grains, and vegetables aren't heavily Asian. We're looking forward to trying the offerings, and that's my 13-9 yr olds talking.

The desserts would be the easiest to make off-world, so I don't object. I'm not a dessert person so, I don't care what they do with them.

The food does not sound appetizing to us. Too many weird components and flavors and sauces. I'll stick to Flame Tree.

See, this is where I am confused. These foods are very common in everyday life. Maybe not in theme parks, but we do a lot of bowls like this for dinner, and Bao seem to be everywhere. I see people saying this stuff is weird, and I have to wonder just where they live that it is so.

I am all for anything that isn't more fried, heavy, and boring.

Last edited:
See, this is where I am confused. These foods are very common in everyday life. Maybe not in theme parks, but we do a lot of bowl like this for dinner, and Bao seem.to be everywhere. I see people saying this stuff is weird, and I have to wonder just where they live that it is so.

Heck, I don't even need exciting. It's exciting enough for me to have any sort of lighter non-salad option!

Our family is quite diet restricted. We are DEFINITELY eating here. The bowl customization will work for everyone and that's saying a lot of a family with 6 people, 3 on a ketogenic/paleo diet and 1 who is gluten free. I've heard the greens option isn't good, but honestly, anything where I can have chimichurri and beef? I will like it.

Natural blue colouring for food is technically impossible from a 'food source'. No such thing as a blue food. Cornflowers are one of the non-food sources for natural colouring. Most blue dyes are from minerals so not necessarily food grade.

I don't know what Disney does but they could use red cabbage? It is the most popular natural dye used to create blue coloring.

Am i the only one excited? :duck:September can't get here fast enough!

No, I think a lot of people are excited about this place because of the non-traditional QS available here. It will not be for everyone, but it will be perfect for others. I hope you enjoy it on your trip!

There are just certain things some folks don't jive with, and for me, this is one of them. But, hey, that's one less person taking up a table here, right? I'll be in line over at Kusafiri picking up a sandwich and an Elephant Ear!!!

See, this is where I am confused. These foods are very common in everyday life. Maybe not in theme parks, but we do a lot of bowl like this for dinner, and Bao seem.to be everywhere. I see people saying this stuff is weird, and I have to wonder just where they live that it is so.

I'm looking forward to trying it out, and think it sounds like a nice and different Disney option.

Just for reference: we live in SW Virginia (near WV, NC, and TN). I've never seen Bao on a menu anywhere nearby, and the closest place to find a bowl with those types of ingredients would be an hour away at a Chipotle. Around here, it's all Cracker Barrel type food.

I'm looking forward to trying it out, and think it sounds like a nice and different Disney option.

Just for reference: we live in SW Virginia (near WV, NC, and TN). I've never seen Bao on a menu anywhere nearby, and the closest place to find a bowl with those types of ingredients would be an hour away at a Chipotle. Around here, it's all Cracker Barrel type food.
And this is the main thing that keeps me from moving to that area. I'm too used to having all sorts of cuisine where I am! Beautiful, though. :)

No, I think a lot of people are excited about this place because of the non-traditional QS available here. It will not be for everyone, but it will be perfect for others. I hope you enjoy it on your trip!

There are just certain things some folks don't jive with, and for me, this is one of them. But, hey, that's one less person taking up a table here, right? I'll be in line over at Kusafiri picking up a sandwich and an Elephant Ear!!!

Definitely! this is why Disney has something for everyone! thank you! mm elephant ear :love:

We are totally excited by it! After seeing the pics posted online and reading a number of reviews, we actually went ahead and cancelled our ADR for Yak & Yet supper on our AK day, and will eat at Satu'li instead. I want a beef bowl over potato hash with chimichurri. Looking at those elements on the allergy menu I saw posted online, they are all safe for dairy-free diets. Yay!

We always get the steamed buns with duck or pork in China at the Food and Wine Festival, so we'll be anxious to try them in Pandora.

They tell you to use blue plates if you want to lose weight because the color makes you lose your appetite. That is what I get when I see the blue dessert. Just a I'd rather not.

I am only disappointed that I will not be there long enough on my upcoming trip to try everything in every combination on the menu at Satu'li Canteen.

I've got to try the quinoa, chicken, and chimichurri bowl, and I am also looking forward to the curry pod. Though how can I NOT try the cheeseburger pod? Hope I can do the breakfast pod, but the steak and eggs and the fresh fruit plate also look wonderful. How am I going to eat all of this and get over to Flame Tree for that watermelon salad? And this, in addition to my reservation at Tiffin's and the the food on the Wild Africa Trek . . . Oh, this is a nice problem to have.

:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter