"Sleep-Around Points" (SAP) - The Thread

Is consensus Best SAP Contract an SSR contract? If not, what is?

• Yes, SSR is the best SAP

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • Aulani Subsidized

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • AKV

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Poly

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • VB Subsidized

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VGF (look at the low annual dues and high point chart!)

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
I challenge loaded SSR being in the 90s. What I see is stripped SSR being in the 90s and loaded being in the one-teens. Average sale prices in July from Resale Market supports that, I think.

My 250 point SSR contract had all UY points as well as 184 points from previous UY, and I paid $80pp. That was only a few months ago. From other contracts collated on dvcrofr.com I don't think mine was an insane deal either.

I challenge loaded SSR being in the 90s. What I see is stripped SSR being in the 90s and loaded being in the one-teens. Average sale prices in July from Resale Market supports that, I think.
There are five right now on Fidliety listed at exactly 100. Any offer should put them in the 90s. But sure, go with exactly 100, if you like. Three other brokers have them listed <100.

I read that SSR is not eligible for MB? So I’d it isn’t, that’s an automatic $22 you have to make up on your own.

But my guess is that it was just making note that given the current program and incentives, you can get VGF direct down in ways you might not have been able to in years past.

Renting always changed the numbers.
My mistake I thought they were referring to SSR resale points

My mistake I thought they were referring to SSR resale points

Honestly, I do agree that SSR is hard to be for SAPs. Getting it in the 90's right now is a pretty sweet deal!!

We had 500 before I sold some last year to get more VGF. But, we realize, after 14 years, that we like our favs and we don't need to SAP anymore....so having more RIV and VGF makes more sense!

Honestly, I do agree that SSR is hard to be for SAPs. Getting it in the 90's right now is a pretty sweet deal!!

We had 500 before I sold some last year to get more VGF. But, we realize, after 14 years, that we like our favs and we don't need to SAP anymore....so having more RIV and VGF makes more sense!
I could see a situation where it makes sense to pick 2 favorite resorts and buy resale at each as more resorts become restricted.

If POLY2 is restricted, I would not be surprised if a combination of Riviera and POLY2 are common resale purchases and there becomes less of a desire for SAP.

It always depends on the perceived value. From reading these threads there seems to be different feeling on value with none of them being wrong.

I could see a situation where it makes sense to pick 2 favorite resorts and buy resale at each as more resorts become restricted.

If POLY2 is restricted, I would not be surprised if a combination of Riviera and POLY2 are common resale purchases and there becomes less of a desire for SAP.

It always depends on the perceived value. From reading these threads there seems to be different feeling on value with none of them being wrong.

I could see that combo! There really is no one right or wrong way to decide since we all have different things that guide us.

We were cash guests who would switch after a few nights when we atttemped to try to stay anywhere but CR.

It’s why we bought when BLT became a thing. Then we added BWV to have our Epcot/MK mix.

In some ways, I envy people who can stay everywhere!!! Lol

There are five right now on Fidliety listed at exactly 100. Any offer should put them in the 90s. But sure, go with exactly 100, if you like. Three other brokers have them listed <100.
ppahel---$110-$14922-120-SSR-Dec-0/22, 120/23, 120/24- sent 8/16
fyi...not fully stripped nor loaded...sent today.

I think we're both not wrong.

The SSR points would be reduced if you rented out those points for 2 years also.

If you are going to compare you need to compare under the same circumstances.
Like this?
VGF direct is in 130's and 140's if you rent back (Magical Beginnings) to Disney 2022 and rent out (eg. David's Vacation Rentals) 2023 points. Then compare to SSR in the 90s (stripped contracts mainly) and the difference isn't so huge. VGF direct points then carry even more value being unrestricted and usable at VDH, RRV, and future Cabins at FW.

SSR is in the 90s right now, and VGF is in the 160s. That's a huge difference.

Dues are almost identical. Sure, it's the same if you view investing that difference as worthless, which I don't.
I suppose it all depends on if you find resale points a good value as SAP. I don't, because I'd want to be able to use my points at Riviera or any future resorts.

If buying direct for SSR currently, I believe it's more expensive up front than VGF with incentives.

Anyway, there's no one right answer here - it depends on how you plan to use them and what is valuable to your own family.

I suppose it all depends on if you find resale points a good value as SAP. I don't, because I'd want to be able to use my points at Riviera or any future resorts.

If buying direct for SSR currently, I believe it's more expensive up front than VGF with incentives.

Anyway, there's no one right answer here - it depends on how you plan to use them and what is valuable to your own family.
Between resale SSR and direct VGF currently, it's debatable which one is the better SAP depending on personal preferences and how one plans to use the points. Between direct SSR and direct VGF, it's not close.

I use my SSR points as SAP or should I say as BCV and BWV points. I rarely use them any other places, and so far it have worked out well.

Even though I just passed ROFR for BCV I haven't had a chance to use my SAP there yet, but I expect it to be just as easy as with BWV.
It is very difficult to get BCV at 7 months. You'll be using your BC points there for any stays over 3 nights. Welcome home neighbor :)

Summer must be only time to have a chance to trade in at 7-mo window...we managed to grab 4 nights in a renovated 1-BR at BCV 7/6-7/9 using our SSR points! It was awesome and lived up to the hype!

Yeah even 1 night stays are booked at 7a ET at exactly 7 months. You can see the exact day just by the solid bookings leading up to availability left by owners. So so so thrilled to own there ❤️
Summer must be only time to have a chance to trade in at 7-mo window...we managed to grab 4 nights in a renovated 1-BR at BCV 7/6-7/9 using our SSR points! It was awesome and lived up to the hype!
It happens but very rare. Easier to get the larger rooms for sure. Glad you enjoyed your stay ❤️

One bedrooms at BCV are almost never sold out at 7 months+1 day. So someone is getting them at 7 months. Like the old Who Wants To Be A Millionaire fastest finger competition. Definitely booking for low season (summer) helps too.

Studios are often sold out before the start of the 7 month window, making longer trips in a studio low likelihood.

One bedrooms at BCV are almost never sold out at 7 months+1 day. So someone is getting them at 7 months. Like the old Who Wants To Be A Millionaire fastest finger competition. Definitely booking for low season (summer) helps too.

Studios are often sold out before the start of the 7 month window, making longer trips in a studio low likelihood.
I agree 1br are more avail bit to think they’re always available is setting yourself up for failure. With more owners buying with fewer points that statistic will continue to get more difficult to acquire. The location and points chart are highly lucrative and resell at a premium

I agree 1br are more avail bit to think they’re always available is setting yourself up for failure. With more owners buying with fewer points that statistic will continue to get more difficult to acquire. The location and points chart are highly lucrative and resell at a premium

I also think that as we get to 10 years left, we may see more owners who apt to not trade out, making trading in harder.

I have mentioned before, but you wonder if DVC would decide to make the home resort booking period for the 2042 resorts longer in those last 5 years or so to help ensure owners can use up their points before the contract ends.

I also think that as we get to 10 years left, we may see more owners who apt to not trade out, making trading in harder.

I have mentioned before, but you wonder if DVC would decide to make the home resort booking period for the 2042 resorts longer in those last 5 years or so to help ensure owners can use up their points before the contract ends.
I agree that as expiration looms for the Epcot resorts, finding reservations there will be almost non-existent. I've seen you mention before that owners at BCV & BWV use their points to stay there, I whole heartedly agree with that thought.

I see many who feel that those points will gradually become useless within 10 years of expiration, but I disagree. I think the exact opposite actually. I think owners will hoard and use every single point until the bitter end, making it even harder to reserve at 7 months, while keeping a decent resale value. I am planning on buying direct next month, but also keeping an eye on great resale contracts. If I can find a killer deal on more VB or decent deals at BCV, I'm going for them!

That would be awesome :-)

I agree that as expiration looms for the Epcot resorts, finding reservations there will be almost non-existent. I've seen you mention before that owners at BCV & BWV use their points to stay there, I whole heartedly agree with that thought.

I see many who feel that those points will gradually become useless within 10 years of expiration, but I disagree. I think the exact opposite actually. I think owners will hoard and use every single point until the bitter end, making it even harder to reserve at 7 months, while keeping a decent resale value. I am planning on buying direct next month, but also keeping an eye on great resale contracts. If I can find a killer deal on more VB or decent deals at BCV, I'm going for them!
I agree, I also think that most current owners will keep what they have to use strictly at the 2042, at least for BCV and BWV.

I'm actually treating my AKV points the same as my BCV and BWV. I use them strictly at AKV and only for value studios and occasionally on club level rooms. We have no fixed season to go yearly, so the entire year is on the table. Being able to book a room in September for 55 points for an entire week is a steal.

facebook twitter