significance of Honorary Citizen button

DisQueen

<font color=FF3300>Seeing it all again through my
Yesterday, DD was given an "Honorary Citizen of Disneyland" button by a friendly CM after their conversation. What is the significance, other than DD thought she was really cool, of this button? thanks o-knowledgeable ones:wizard:

My 2 year old got one after they asked me if our trip was his first (when I went to get my Birthday button). I told them no, that he was there the year before, but didn't know there was a "first time" button to be had. I thought it was given for "first time" visits, but I've recently found out there's an actual "first time" button, so maybe it was just in honor of his first visit that he might actually remember (and he does, at this point, remember it).

The Honorary Citizen buttons are part of the Million Dreams celebration. The CM "swears" you in as a Honorary Citizen. The swearing in involves promising to have a good time etc.

Disneyland has given out "Honorary Citizen" stickers for many years... usually right before ropedrop, CMs used to hand them out to early arriving crowds on Main St (they may still do this), or they could be gotten at City Hall by request.

Many of the Disneyland 'purpose stickers' given out over the years as 'free special souvenirs' have now been turned into buttons for the Year of a Million Dreams. :goodvibes

The 'First Visit" buttons are new... but I have a few different Birthday and Honorary Citizen stickers and buttons from over the years of various fun designs.

The Hotels have been giving out Birthday buttons while the parks went from buttons to stickers back to buttons.

They are just fun special things to get from CMs... and just another cool little speck of the Disneyland magic!
:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter