September crew... what are you doing?

Pulled the plug yesterday. Luckily, my MNSSHP tickets were refunded. I had a room only reservation and the party tickets. I made the decision because the new system could mean that I could travel from Chicago, have a resort to sleep at and the very strong possibility that I couldn't get in to any park except MK for a few hours for the MNSSHP. Sad, but feeling relieved that I finally made a decision.

Sept 30-Oct 7. As of today... still going. Will keep watch through July to see how things proceed. If Food and Wine is cancelled, so will we!

We are booked for September at Yacht Club. We are keeping the reservation for now to see if there will be other changes by then.

Masks are fine for us, since we wear them whenever we are out now. But, we like Fastpasses so not having them will be different. We are waiting to see how other peoples trips in July and August go. Depending on what people are saying then, we may cancel.

As an alternative, we may try and cruise instead if Royal Caribbean is cruising by then and has some good deals.

We are booked at Contemporary Atrium Club Aug 30-Sept 5, then flying to Belize for two weeks. If we cancel 1 (or 1 is canceled for us, like Belize border still closed) then we will cancel both. I’m waiting until July to make a decision. I have until July 7 to cancel my Air BnB in Belize. Keeping my fingers crossed, but starting to face what may be the reality. I kept myself sane through the lockdown playing with my WDW dining ressies and special event planning. I have (or had) Rose and Crown Fireworks dinner, Fantasmic VIP seating, MNSSHP, and after 3 past trips with no access to Be Our Guest I finally got reservations....and I was on a BB FD plan. UGH!!! But I still LOVE Disney and it will forever be my happy place ❤️💕❤️

Booked for Sept and November
we're Canadian so a few more things to consider like the boarder opening and flights
but most likely we'll go as we are AP holders as well
it's a new world and we can navigate it with a smile and some kindness
Canadian too. I just can’t imagine we won’t be required to do a 14 day quarantine if we cross the border. So sad. I’ve just cancelled my second trip to Disney because of Covid. Maybe next year

Hi All,
we are booked for Sept 13-19, Was booked for May 17th day after my daughters graduation from collage, Rebooked with the free dining for June 7th now. I'm hoping for some kind of a discount..
stay well,
Kelly

We are supposed to do a long weekend. We have APs and a room only reservation. Not sure what to do. If FWF is canceled we will definitely cancel.

September 26 - October 3 here. It's going to be our first stay with our DVC contract.

We're going to wait and see how it plays out. I was going to take my daughter to universal for one day because she's currently obsessed with Harry Potter. I'll wait on buying those tickets.

I'm also considering still going and doing fewer park days if the experience isn't great. Change to other experiences that may not be as severely impacted, like going to Kennedy Space Center, a day at the ocean and whatnot.

We sort of viewed this DVC purchase as a base of operations for central Florida, just wasn't expecting to mix it up as much until the kids were older.

Last edited:
I'm booked 13th-18th and for now I'm keeping it as long Disney doesn't cancel it. This and my hopefully short July trip are still on. These are back up trips for my cancelled May trip, then cancelled June. 🙃 The only condition to Sept. is a room discount. I booked at rack rate in hopes of a discount coming out, we'll see what happens with that. I don't mind switching resorts, shortening that trip or staying off site if I have to. I bought an AP again this year that hasn't been activated so I'm not worried about tickets. The only thing I'm worried about expiring is a one way travel fund that needs to be used from SW. I'm hoping by September Disney has phased further and there will be even less restrictions. I'm absolutely ok with a modified experience. It's all temporary, meant to keep us safe and still enjoy a vacation. :goodvibes I ordered my Disney masks and a couple of lighter weight ones too. I'm sure there's plenty of things to keep myself busy. Slow down, enjoy my resort, sun and palm trees.

We're still going as of right now. The room discount should cover all or most of our food expenses. And I'm holding onto hope that if Disney World follows a similar pattern to Shanghai that we will at least have parades and stage shows back by September, though these things aren't a dealbreaker for us either way.

As far as I can tell boarder should open for July as flights are starting to resume they will have social distancing requirements and masks just like Disney. I think you'll see the quarantine slowly disappear
I fly from MCO in March from Disney and had no quarantine required
Things I think will change drastically as we move into summer and fall
Be safe everyone sending you pixie dust

Have a booking for Sep 8 until Sep 17. We will be cancelling. It's just not worth our while to travel all the way from Australia for such a limited experience. Just hope I can get a refund for our MNSSHP tickets.

I just had a lovely talk with my 6 year old and honestly that made me feel better lol! I laid it all out for her. I explained that Mickey was quarantining his friends to keep them safe, so that they wouldn't be able to meet their guests when the park re-opened and we didn't know yet if they'd be able to come out yet for our trip at the end of September. I told her if she wanted, we would still go, but that we wouldn't see them. Or, we could postpone and go when we knew they would be there. She said if it came down to it, she wanted to postpone. She said she was a "big girl" who had "learned her lesson" that it was always better to wait for the best thing. So, that's pressure off of me! I was so afraid of disappointing her but she was pretty logical about the whole thing.

So just got an updated e-mail from Disney "Thanks you for booking" They cancelled the free dining offer (we had upgraded to the regular plan - so now no dining), most of my reservations have been canceled as expected. I still have the park hopper + option and memory maker on there. For 4 people for 14 days with the 35% discount at CB it only saves us $1,035.34 That does not even come close to what free dining would have saved us, especially with the increase in food prices.

Why would they keep park hopped and plus if you can't hop and the water parks aren't open and why would I want memory maker if all your going to see if masked faces.

I am so disappointed that Disney is offering less magic at an increased price. I know we're all going through something right now, but I really needed a magical vacation for my daughter after she lost her dad last week. I'm literally crying right now and I can honestly say Disney has never made me sad before :(

have a trip booked 9/16-9/20 with rented DVC points at Boulder Ridge. also a labor day weekend stay at beach club. I am debating on cancelling labor day. I was looking forward to being near Epcot and HS and using the pool. but if there are still a lot of restrictions I may not go since we have the later trip.

I just got my updated confirmation email (I had previously booked under the original free dining offer). The 35% off the room rate just doesn’t amount to much. I think I’ll cancel

I just got my updated confirmation email (I had previously booked under the original free dining offer). The 35% off the room rate just doesn’t amount to much. I think I’ll cancel

that was my original thought and then I realized I’ll be getting back park hopper money too(since you had to book those to get the free dining don’t need them now)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter