September crew... what are you doing?

I am going to wait and see . Sept 13-19 WL . I am going solo . I have gone enough times that the limitations aren’t a deal breaker for me - though I don’t love the idea of paying full price for a limited experience.

We have a (cash) package booked at POFQ with 5 day tickets 9/7-9/13. It's a 10 hr drive and we're fully prepared to go. Just waiting to see what shakes up on Disney's end now. Received our email canceling our ADRs last night, but it didn't mention anything about first access to the new park reservation system like some others have received (apparently a TA said there's 6 different versions of the email going out to people, some mention the first access before new tickets will be sold, some don't). We're just worried that POFQ might be one of the resorts not opening, and Disney may be waiting now to gauge capacity closer to our dates to see if we can be relocated to a different resort or if they'll just cancel our trip all together due to capacity limits 😬 fingers crossed!

We have a (cash) package booked at POFQ with 5 day tickets 9/7-9/13. It's a 10 hr drive and we're fully prepared to go. Just waiting to see what shakes up on Disney's end now. Received our email canceling our ADRs last night, but it didn't mention anything about first access to the new park reservation system like some others have received (apparently a TA said there's 6 different versions of the email going out to people, some mention the first access before new tickets will be sold, some don't). We're just worried that POFQ might be one of the resorts not opening, and Disney may be waiting now to gauge capacity closer to our dates to see if we can be relocated to a different resort or if they'll just cancel our trip all together due to capacity limits 😬 fingers crossed!

I think Disney is pretty committed to honoring anyone with existing resort reservations who ALSO already hold tickets. This is why new reservations and ticket sales are frozen.

Last edited:

35% off is enticing especially if you have a deluxe reservation. My thinking goes back and forth on this that maybe QS and a few TS would just make deluxe worthwhile. We had VA and it makes no sense they would cancel that one being you are already 6 feet apart.

35% off is enticing especially if you have a deluxe reservation. My thinking goes back and forth on this that maybe QS and a few TS would just make deluxe worthwhile. We had VA and it makes no sense they would cancel that one being you are already 6 feet apart.
is that a Disney run restaurant? They did say some non Disney run restaurants may not be canceled. Since that one isn't in a park it might be ok.

i have flip flopped again. I am currently thinking I may keep my Sept trip. Take the 35% discount and I am going to take my son instead of my daughter and her roommate. it would have been the roommates first trip and I don't want it to be less magically. DS and I can go and just goof around. I can take the other two after this virus runs its course....

2020 (and maybe into 2021?) would not be a good time for a first visit, would it?

I wasn't planning to go at all this year - had even booked a job Sept/Oct - but decided to go to experience The World because of all the changes. Very different for a solo traveler who was just in WDW Sept 2019. No matter what they throw at me I'll love the adventure.

Keeping my plans for now. September is over three months away, and a lot can happen between now and then. However, if the overall epidemic in the US hasn’t reached a lower level by late August, I will probably cancel.

I’m OK with the measures that Disney is putting into place to make the parks safer. There will still be plenty of things to do during my four-day trip. I’m a little more worried about flying and navigating airports, to be honest.

Well, in the light of the new email and new day. I'm actually now being cautiously optimistic about going. My husband is still negative about it. But we still a few months to decide for sure. Let's see how this rolls out. A lot can happen between now and September.

I just realized I may get the 35% off which would not have been enough to feed my family for the week seeing as they’re taking away the free dining however I should be getting the refund on the park hoppers too so that might actually add up to enough money to feed my family for the week or very very close to it

I advise everyone to cancel so the parks will be totally empty because I'm going no matter what.

The only question is whether I drive the 1000 miles or fly.
The more that cancel the less in the parks for me. The only way I will 100% cancel is if they completely take away the MNSSHP. I am a solo traveler and most experiences I can do without. I go for the ride experiences and also it is my R&R. I understand that we pay thousands of dollars for the Disney dream experience, no matter what age you are, but I feel in my opinion, Disney is handling this all wrong and should have thought this through in a more professional way.

They canceled my free dining which was a huge highlight of the plan for me. And I will be required to wear masks along with my young children. This just isn’t working for me. I really want to go but it isn’t shaping up to be worth it in 2020.

We were going to go in late September, but we ultimately decided to push things back a little over a year. It'll give us more time to save up money to potentially have a longer trip and/or stay at a nicer resort, and we'll be there for the 50th anniversary. It's just overall less stressful for us to do it this way and makes my family more excited for things to come in 2021.

We are going. Everyone in our party is 10 or up, most interested in rides, would take a trip with short lines over a trip with parades and shows, and has been there before. I thought I would cancel when I heard we would lose free dining, but with the 35%, it works out fine.

I would not do a first visit, a once-in-a-lifetime family trip, push the budget, or visit with small children in these circumstances.
I will miss the nighttime hours, riding BTMR or 7DMT with fireworks going off overhead, and the character meals. Our pictures will look different, and if the Boo to You parade is not running, that is a disappointment. But the choice for this year is Disney as it is or no Disney at all, and I'll take it as it is and keep my expectations in check.

If you're schedule to visit WDW in September or are planning a trip, are you still going? Considering that its possible that none of the current restrictions will be lifted and we will be without parades, fireworks, etc... I said I would not go to WDW if we have to wear mask. That's simply a deal breaker for me. Also not having the full Disney experience is kind of disappointing. I'm suppose to be in Disney end of June but I'm strongly considering moving everything to 2021.
Still going. Have a week planned at Poly. Have masks, a positive attitude, and no plans to do anything specific. We have AP so we will just make the most of what we have. If the park situation is bad we won’t feel bad about hanging out at Poly.

We have a trip planned for Sep 26-Oct 4 in celebration of my 40th birthday. It's just me, my partner, and my mother. We've all been to WDW before, my mother and I many many times, my partner a few times (he's not the Disney freak I am). This trip has been planned since the 2020 packages were available and after a lot of talk we've decided unless the virus situation gets worse, we're keeping the trip.

Will it be much different than the original plan? Yes, but we're adults, and can adjust accordingly even on the fly if needed. We'll wait and see what we can get park wise, and meal wise and move on from there. I agree though this is not the time for first time, once in a life time trips or one with a bunch of small children that will be so disappointed if they can't meet their favorite characters.

We are scheduled to be at POFQ September 1-9. I got the email last night and it DID have the wording about first access to the park reservation system. Hopefully POFQ will be operational!

As to whether or not we're going... we haven't decided yet. My plan is to see how things are going as September gets closer, as well as how we fare with park reservations before we make a decision. If we can get park days for 5 out of our 9 days, we will most likely still go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter