SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does SDFP still work with newly purchased bands that are then liked to phantoms? A friend is having trouble linking his new bands, although I guess that's not even to the sdfp step yet.

Does SDFP still work with newly purchased bands that are then liked to phantoms? A friend is having trouble linking his new bands, although I guess that's not even to the sdfp step yet.

You're right, the problem is with the linking. SDFP will work once they've linked. Sometimes there is a time lag after linking. Hopefully the bands will show up on his MDE under MagicBands and Cards the next time he checks. There's also a MagicBand tech support line he can call. 407-939-4357 or 407-939-3471. The fact that he's linking to phantoms has nothing to do with the situation - and the IT department won't ask for proof of identity for the profiles he's trying to link to. So it's no problem if he has to call.

So, I have 4 cards from October 2013. Two of us went on a split stay, so we have 4 cards (2 were packages; 2 were room only). They have the mickey in the circle. They do not appear in MDE as cards associated with any accounts that we're aware of. Let's call the cards Jim, JIM, Bill, BILL.

I tried setting up another MDE and linking these cards to phantom people. It did not work. It said they were linked to another account, like another poster also experienced with old cards.

So, let's say that they still work at getting SDFP when we go in May 2017.

Is it more likely that these 4 cards will be viewed as 4 different phantoms each with 1 card (sorry if this is the wrong terminology) or will they be viewed as 2 phantoms both with 2 cards? I ask because there are 3 of us going in May, and I'm hoping for the former.

And lastly, will CMs say anything at FP return kiosks if the name doesn't match the perceived sex? (3 guys names; 2 men; 1 woman)

So, I have 4 cards from October 2013. Two of us went on a split stay, so we have 4 cards (2 were packages; 2 were room only). They have the mickey in the circle. They do not appear in MDE as cards associated with any accounts that we're aware of. Let's call the cards Jim, JIM, Bill, BILL.

I tried setting up another MDE and linking these cards to phantom people. It did not work. It said they were linked to another account, like another poster also experienced with old cards.

So, let's say that they still work at getting SDFP when we go in May 2017.

Is it more likely that these 4 cards will be viewed as 4 different phantoms each with 1 card (sorry if this is the wrong terminology) or will they be viewed as 2 phantoms both with 2 cards? I ask because there are 3 of us going in May, and I'm hoping for the former.

And lastly, will CMs say anything at FP return kiosks if the name doesn't match the perceived sex? (3 guys names; 2 men; 1 woman)

They'll work for SDFP. You can't link old room cards, even if they were never linked in the past. But they do work at the kiosks.

They might be two phantoms each with two cloned cards. Then again, they might not. Any chance you'd have an old MDE under a different email address where you could look for the cards?

CMs don't care about the name or gender associated with a card. They're only watching to see if the Mickey head turns green.

They'll work for SDFP. You can't link old room cards, even if they were never linked in the past. But they do work at the kiosks.

They might be two phantoms each with two cloned cards. Then again, they might not. Any chance you'd have an old MDE under a different email address where you could look for the cards?

CMs don't care about the name or gender associated with a card. They're only watching to see if the Mickey head turns green.

I've signed into all 4 possible MDE accounts, and the cards aren't listed anywhere. Lots of MBs, a couple of cards, but not these ones. It's also weird that the names on the 4 cards are the equivalent of: Jim, JIM, Bill, BILL. I shared that piece of info in case that would give a clue as to whether they're clones or not. We'll see, I suppose. Thanks for your help!

If this has been asked before, or it's in the sticky, I duly apologize. I just want to see how well my scenario works. I also suck at reading comprehension.

A couple years ago (as seen in my signature) I took my girlfriend, and her kids to The House of Mouse. My girlfriend and I are planning on going again this upcoming January, but not taking the kids. The physical tickets from the last trip are the green ones with a little Disney head on them.

The tickets are linked to their names, but it's under my MDE, since they're still children. One will turn 18 between now and the trip.

Do the kids' cards count as phantom for the purposes of SDFP?

If this has been asked before, or it's in the sticky, I duly apologize. I just want to see how well my scenario works. I also suck at reading comprehension.

A couple years ago (as seen in my signature) I took my girlfriend, and her kids to The House of Mouse. My girlfriend and I are planning on going again this upcoming January, but not taking the kids. The physical tickets from the last trip are the green ones with a little Disney head on them.

The tickets are linked to their names, but it's under my MDE, since they're still children. One will turn 18 between now and the trip.

Do the kids' cards count as phantom for the purposes of SDFP?
Yes.

I have not read all the posts in the thread, but have a quick question about something that was stated in the FAQ. It says that once you make SDFP, you may be able to see them on MDE but you cannot change them. However, when we were there in 2015, I was able to log into MDE and make changes to the SDFPs, so has this changed since then? I had 2 different MDEs, once for the current reservation with the advance FPs, and one from a prior trip under a different email, used to make SDFP. I stayed logged into my current MDE on the app, and my old MDE through the browser on my phone, and was able to access both and make changes. A few times we just booked FP for whatever was available, and then kept trying to change it until a ride we really wanted came up as available - by changing the SDFP online, we were able to get SDFP for SDMT on multiple days.

I have not read all the posts in the thread, but have a quick question about something that was stated in the FAQ. It says that once you make SDFP, you may be able to see them on MDE but you cannot change them. However, when we were there in 2015, I was able to log into MDE and make changes to the SDFPs, so has this changed since then? I had 2 different MDEs, once for the current reservation with the advance FPs, and one from a prior trip under a different email, used to make SDFP. I stayed logged into my current MDE on the app, and my old MDE through the browser on my phone, and was able to access both and make changes. A few times we just booked FP for whatever was available, and then kept trying to change it until a ride we really wanted came up as available - by changing the SDFP online, we were able to get SDFP for SDMT on multiple days.

Alas, 'tis gone, 'tis gone, 'tis gone.

I read all the posts on the first page (twice!), but still have a question.

I'm adding two "phantom" children to our first resort reservation that was previously booked through Disney. We are 2 adults doing a split stay (3 different resorts, 1 booked through Disney, two booked through Dave's Vacation Rentals). I'm planning to cancel the children from our Disney reservation once I receive their magic bands. I added them over the phone and now my DME keeps asking me to link the phantom children to my DME. I'm concerned if I do this they will be clones? I'm not sure I'm understanding that piece correctly?

I'm also trying to just get two Magic Bands for the 2 real adults (instead of 6, I want to keep all our room keys etc on just one MB each) and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this (the folks on the phone said it isn't possible) so if anyone knows how to do that I would be ever appreciative!

Thank you for this wonderful and very informative FAQ!!

If I bring a second set of magic bands with me and go to the kiosk as soon as I get into the park ( immediately after rope drop) to get my second set of fast passes what are the chances that all the headliners will already be gone.

Status update from our trip of 2/24/17 to 3/3/17

-SDFP for rogue bands helped us out a lot. Regardless of park, we were able to get a good mix of attractions and times when we hit the kiosks early.

-AK: for a 9am open they let us in early about 830ish and we were held in front of the tree of life. The kiosks on the left side were active and we used them at about 840am.
-MK: for a 9am open we got in at about 808am and went to city hall. The 2 machines were working and so we got a good variety of attractions and times with our rogue bands. These 2 kiosks are presently not even shown on the map of the park. At 815am there was no one else using them at all!
-EP: we did Soarin and then hit the kiosks. We were pleased
-DHS: we did TSMM and then used the kiosks near the restrooms in that area. Thankful for the extra fastpasses.

If I bring a second set of magic bands with me and go to the kiosk as soon as I get into the park ( immediately after rope drop) to get my second set of fast passes what are the chances that all the headliners will already be gone.

If you get to the kiosk close to rope drop, you'll find the best choice of the less desirable attractions. Headliners are another story. The headliners will have been gone long before rope drop. It doesn't matter if you go right to the kiosks at rope drop or wait an hour because it will be a matter of luck. Guests will cancel their headliner FPs every minute of every day. But will you be standing at the kiosk when the attraction you're waiting for pops up as available? Will it happen at 9:02 or 9:11 or 10:15 a.m.? Only the greatest of all Imagineers, the Spirit in the Sky (in the place that's the best), could tell you in advance. So when you think SDFP headliners, remember it's completely a matter of random luck.

I read all the posts on the first page (twice!), but still have a question.

I'm adding two "phantom" children to our first resort reservation that was previously booked through Disney. We are 2 adults doing a split stay (3 different resorts, 1 booked through Disney, two booked through Dave's Vacation Rentals). I'm planning to cancel the children from our Disney reservation once I receive their magic bands. I added them over the phone and now my DME keeps asking me to link the phantom children to my DME. I'm concerned if I do this they will be clones? I'm not sure I'm understanding that piece correctly?

I'm also trying to just get two Magic Bands for the 2 real adults (instead of 6, I want to keep all our room keys etc on just one MB each) and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this (the folks on the phone said it isn't possible) so if anyone knows how to do that I would be ever appreciative!

Thank you for this wonderful and very informative FAQ!!

I'm confused. When you say DME (Disney's Magical Express), do you mean your MDE (My Disney Experience)?

Did you start the process by adding the phantom profiles to your MDE? Because you'll want to see them there on your MDE and personalize their band choices to ensure that you receive the correct number of bands.

You're only going to have one set of phantoms, right? So one set of extra bands? If that's the case, what is the danger of cloning? Cloning happens when two MagicBands become associated with the same individual. (In which case you can only get one set of SDFP even though you have two bands.) But your two extra bands are already associated with two separate names on your reservation. Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation?

I'm confused. When you say DME (Disney's Magical Express), do you mean your MDE (My Disney Experience)?

Did you start the process by adding the phantom profiles to your MDE? Because you'll want to see them there on your MDE and personalize their band choices to ensure that you receive the correct number of bands.

You're only going to have one set of phantoms, right? So one set of extra bands? If that's the case, what is the danger of cloning? Cloning happens when two MagicBands become associated with the same individual. (In which case you can only get one set of SDFP even though you have two bands.) But your two extra bands are already associated with two separate names on your reservation. Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation?

So sorry - I see why my question is confusing! Yes, I did mean MDE! Correct, just one set of phantoms and one set of extra bands. I started the process by calling Disney and asking to have two children (who are not really coming) added to my room reservation. Now I see them in my Magic Bands order, but not in my "Family and Friends" list. The website keeps prompting me to add them to my "Family and Friends" list or link them to an existing person. I think I was confused in thinking that adding them to my list would mean they would become clones of my account (because they are children), but it sounds like that is not the case. Thank you!!!

So sorry - I see why my question is confusing! Yes, I did mean MDE! Correct, just one set of phantoms and one set of extra bands. I started the process by calling Disney and asking to have two children (who are not really coming) added to my room reservation. Now I see them in my Magic Bands order, but not in my "Family and Friends" list. The website keeps prompting me to add them to my "Family and Friends" list or link them to an existing person. I think I was confused in thinking that adding them to my list would mean they would become clones of my account (because they are children), but it sounds like that is not the case. Thank you!!!

I'd go ahead and set up new profiles for the two phantoms and link the reservation to them. (Obviously have the profile names match the phantom names on the reservation.) That will allow you to personalize their MagicBands and ensure that you receive them ahead of time with no snafus. No risk of cloning in this situation.

Once these phantoms have MagicBands associated with their profiles, you won't be able to delete those phantoms from your MDE (without calling Disney for help). You can always change the names of the phantoms, though. After the trip, you could change their names to SDFP1 and SDFP2 to keep everything clear for future reference.

Am I correct that rope drop at EP has changed a bit-that they let guests in early and hold them in front of the pathways to the pavilions? We'll be doing FEA 1st thing, so we'll be up near World showcase and held outside of the Mexico pavilion?

Anyway-are there any kiosks open right away in the AM before park open?

We used SDFP with great success again this past week. I'll try to post some details later, but we used up to 4 sets this time. Two quick notes:

1) several CMs commented on our weird names. For example, Z-Matt or X-Matt. I need to change the names in my MDE for next time.

2) Cards are awesome for sdfp. So much easier (for us) than switching bands. I need to get another set of cards...

Phantom magic band fastpasses totally work! Just got back this weekend, created two "phantom" children and their bands on my resort reservation plus the band my two year old daughter got on our last trip plus our real bands, in addition to using parent swap to our advantage, and we rode/experienced 16 attractions plus the parade between just 9:00 and 4:30 (inc. a 60
minute stop for lunch). Was an awesome day and didn't wait more than 5 minutes for anything!!!!

Our fantastic day at Magic Kingdom with a moderate level crowd on a Sunday.

8:00 Be Our Guest breakfast
9:02 Peter Pan (two min to walk the long queue but no actual waiting)
9:07 It's a Small World
9:30 Seven Dwarves alternating with parent swap (daughter rode Carousel and Pooh with the parent who wasn't on dwarves at that time)
9:55 Philharmagic (an add in because we were ahead of shedule)
Forget exact times here but between 10:15 and 11:30:
Enchanted Tales with Bell
Under the Sea - Little Mermaid
Dumbo
11:45-12:45 Lunch at Cosmic Rays
At this point our daughter fell asleep so my husband and I walked her around a bit in stroller, grabbed some ice cream, and took turns riding Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain.
2:00 Sat down in some shade to let her sleep more but in a good parade spot. Husband revisited his childhood at the shooting arcade.
2:30 Daughter woke up and we rode Aladdin and grabbed some popcorn before the parade started while my husband guarded our parade spot
3:00 Parade
3:15 Country Bear Jamboree (a little bit of a delay here as they waited for the room to fill up after the parade before starting the show)
3:45 Pirates of the Caribbean
4:05 Jungle Cruise
Walked out of the park and back to resort to rest and eat before returning to watch the Wishes fireworks show on the beach at Polynesian at 8:00.
Perfect day! So thankful for the extra fastpasses to get to see and do soooo much!!!

Alright. Me again. Our trip is in 5 days!

I purchased 5 MBs from a disney store so they are good and currently unopened.

Today, I logged into MDE and created 5 phantom's for the 5 MBs. All are 16 years old and all have our middle names as the first name. I re-read the part about linking the MBs and followed the instruction until I got to the part of actually adding the MB ID number. I am following this instruction from page 1.

I have newly purchased MagicBands (or cards) I need to link so I can use them for SDFP. How do I set up phantom profiles on my MDE?
Sign into your MDE and go to the My Family and Friends page. Click on "Add a Guest." On the next page, toggle "By entering his or her name." Type in the alter ego name and for the age, just say 16 or 17. You'll be managing their profile, obviously. (If you give the age as 18+ and later decide to add that phantom to a resort reservation, you'll have to pay extra - for someone who isn't actually even in the room.)

Don't give your phantoms the same first names as the real guests because the profiles could end up being merged by a cast member who is trying to be helpful at resort check in or guest services. You could use the middle name of each guest. Or you could just call them Ariel, Eric, and Triton. Or Luke, Leia, Han (RIP), and Rey. (No band for Kylo until he redeems himself. And yes, he will.) Phantom last names can all match the real last names. Set up the phantom guest profiles before you leave home, so the MDE will be all ready and waiting for the new bands to be linked. If you buy the bands online before you go, you can get them linked ahead of time.

After purchase, go to the Disney World website (or possibly also the Disney World app) on your mobile device. Sign into your MDE and use the little codes printed on the inside of the purchased bands (or on the back of cards) to link them to the phantoms. Once the new bands have been linked to your MDE, they can be used at a park kiosk for SDFP. If possible, it's best to take care of this before you arrive at the park. Buy the bands online or at a Disney resort gift shop and get them each linked. If you end up buying the bands in the park and link them there, you might find a very short lag time of five minutes or so before they'll work at the kiosk.

I get to the point of adding the actual number on the disneyworld website and stop because I am afraid that I will be adding them to our primary guests (making them clones). Is there a step AFTER putting the number in where you assign the MB to a person (phantom) on your account?

Thanks in advance. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter