Screaming on board; an issue?

I have a first time cruise scheduled three months out and had a coworker that has been on a Disney cruise tell me that when you first board, clear out of the lobby area quickly because there is a lot of screaming from excited people boarding when they are announced. He said it was so bad on his that he had a headache the rest of the day. I'm feeling like this is an exaggeration but what do I know. Is this really an issue?

Personally I would think the screaming would be more of an issue at the end of the cruise when people get their bar bill.
I've never heard any screaming on a Disney cruise.

I have heard this raised as an issue with people that haven't done DCL actually. Not in terms of boarding, but heard a couple people recently say they wouldn't do a Disney cruise because there would be too many screaming kids around when they are trying to relax.

I have heard this raised as an issue with people that haven't done DCL actually. Not in terms of boarding, but heard a couple people recently say they wouldn't do a Disney cruise because there would be too many screaming kids around when they are trying to relax.
Kids?? On a Disney cruise? Running around?? No way! :rotfl2: Haha, sounds like a Disney cruise isn't for them :confused3 There are adult-only areas but hey....noise travels.

Kids?? On a Disney cruise? Running around?? No way! :rotfl2: Haha, sounds like a Disney cruise isn't for them :confused3 There are adult-only areas but hey....noise travels.

I had heard similar complaints or musings prior to taking a DCL cruise, but I never found it to be an issue at all, and I can definitely get annoyed by kids, especially my own. The adult deck on the Fantasy is huge. I suppose if I were to hang out in the Oceaneers Club or Mickey pool it might be an issue, but these ships are big so plenty of room.

I had heard similar complaints or musings prior to taking a DCL cruise, but I never found it to be an issue at all, and I can definitely get annoyed by kids, especially my own. The adult deck on the Fantasy is huge. I suppose if I were to hang out in the Oceaneers Club or Mickey pool it might be an issue, but these ships are big so plenty of room.

Yeah, i have to chuckle when I hear people complaining about "kids running around" on DCL. I've heard louder temper tantrums in my local Target. We're so happy and in our "Disney Cruise Bubble" on board, it takes a LOT to get us upset about other people's kids ...

I find that the Cove is actually pretty quiet on the Dream Class ships, specifically because they put the quick serve between the pool and the adult area. Add to that the glass barriers between the two and it's nice until a live musician cranks it up and drowns out any conversation you were trying to have.

I find that the Cove is actually pretty quiet on the Dream Class ships, specifically because they put the quick serve between the pool and the adult area. Add to that the glass barriers between the two and it's nice until a live musician cranks it up and drowns out any conversation you were trying to have.

Where did they have a live musician there? I don't ever recall seeing any. What time would that usually occur?

Where did they have a live musician there? I don't ever recall seeing any. What time would that usually occur?

During the daytime. There was one the week after Thanksgiving this year. My father quite enjoyed it in the afternoons. I thought it was just noise that kept me from talking to my wife, my father and the bartender.

He was set up just to the Port side of the showers in the Cove, but I've also seen one set up on Deck 12 overlooking the splash pool in the past.

Yeah, i have to chuckle when I hear people complaining about "kids running around" on DCL. I've heard louder temper tantrums in my local Target. We're so happy and in our "Disney Cruise Bubble" on board, it takes a LOT to get us upset about other people's kids ...
Have you ever sailed one of the kids sail free promos? We felt it was way more chaotic than usual. We vowed never again.

Here's a few sample vids where your family name is announced and greeted in the atrium amplified on the loud speakers.

I've had louder experiences in Japanese restaurants when they greet you.

As you can see in the above videos, they announce one family at a time and you are whisked away as soon as you are announced. That way, there is no / very little congestion in the atrium. Most people are looking for food as soon as they board. Usually the second group of CMs you see are directing everyone to the different food options (Cabanas or one of the MDRs). I think I have heard only 1 or 2 families announced after us.

Is there screaming, screeching, giddiness when the families are announced?...........maybe. Some people just get really excited and need the world to know about it.

I get severe migraines and headaches and I would have noticed but I never had an issue with noise level on any area
around the decks. We have been on lots of Disney cruises. The only place I try to avoid is Animators Palette. The stimulation and noise too much for me.

As you can see in the above videos, they announce one family at a time and you are whisked away as soon as you are announced. That way, there is no / very little congestion in the atrium. Most people are looking for food as soon as they board. Usually the second group of CMs you see are directing everyone to the different food options (Cabanas or one of the MDRs). I think I have heard only 1 or 2 families announced after us.

Is there screaming, screeching, giddiness when the families are announced?...........maybe. Some people just get really excited and need the world to know about it.
Isn't all the noise part of being on any cruise! Vacation starts.

Isn't all the noise part of being on any cruise! Vacation starts.

As an adult my idea of a vacation is to relax and relaxing doesn't include "noise", the world is already a noisy place...imo. With that said...we (2 adults) cruise DCL and kids tend to be noisy at times...so are some adults. We stay in the adult area and go to Serenity Bay to try and relax.

As an adult my idea of a vacation is to relax and relaxing doesn't include "noise", the world is already a noisy place...imo. With that said...we (2 adults) cruise DCL and kids tend to be noisy at times...so are some adults. We stay in the adult area and go to Serenity Bay to try and relax.
I was speaking of the excitement of boarding! Being in law enforcement I hear noise all day and night when I work. Even when I don't.

JW

I was speaking of the excitement of boarding! Being in law enforcement I hear noise all day and night when I work. Even when I don't.

JW
Sorry if I misunderstood, I also read another post I should have quoted. I find that the crew that welcomes you on board are far noisier than the families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!