Screaming on board; an issue?

@phinz and @Neptune's Fork I want to check out Meridian, have never had the chance. . Is it a bar only? Do they serve any food?

Didn't see any food but wasn't looking either. I'm sure if you wanted food they could accommodate. Meridians is like a scotch, martini, wine, etc type place, you can get cigars there and smoke them on deck. Comfy seats, quiet. I think they have a lot of the liquor/mixology classes there. It's aft so you get great views off the back of the ship. No kid stuff, just quiet adult stuff. Hopefully that helps give you an idea.

@phinz and @Neptune's Fork I want to check out Meridian, have never had the chance. . Is it a bar only? Do they serve any food?

There is no food. It's just a bar, and it's a very, very quiet bar. You'll rarely hear much noise unless there's a mixology or other class in there. The only noise you'll hear outside is perhaps some from the overhead sports deck (as well as the very rare dropped golf ball from the putting greens), but that noise is minimal. It's a refuge from the nuttiness that happens on the rest of the boat at times.

I have seen it very busy outside on occasion on one cruise that seemed to be primarily couples without kids, but that's not been my experience the rest of the time.

I have to agree with the others that this is NOT an issue (and I get migraines from noise and lights).
Ive been on 7 DCL cruises and have found for me just the opposite of screaming occurs - once I pass through the line where they announce you and clap, I walk into the atrium awestruck with a tear in my eye, and my jaw drops while staring speechless at how beautiful it is, thinking "OMG I can't believe I'm back on the ship!"

This is exactly how I feel. I've been on 4 and each time I step on board, from the very first time, I tear up a bit. I, like most people here, work very hard to earn the money I spend on vacation and during the early years a cruise was thought to be such an extravagance that it would be forever out of reach. Any cruise, not just a Disney cruise. I remember standing in Disneyland looking at a scale model of the Disney Dream and thinking "some day I'll be on a ship like that". The closest I had every come was staying overnight once on the Queen Mary (permanently docked in Long Beach) and I thought that would be the closest I would ever come.

Every time I step on the ship it is sort of surreal and sort of a reminder of all the trials and tribulations that led to that day being possible.

No screaming. Just very humbling.

I have never heard screaming at embarkation. At times, different areas get noisy but it is not unbearable. At night, just before seating and after dinner, the atrium is hectic with live music and kids running all around. If the noise bothers you, there are plenty of other fun and quiet places to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter