• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Safety in LA....

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
We are heading into LA next weekend. I saw that there is a new flyaway bus from LAX to Union station. Our hotel is right on the red metro line - so I was thinking of using the bus and then taking the metro out to Hollywood, where we are staying.
How safe is the metro? Am I asking for trouble being a mom and 10 yr old daughter riding this alone with luggage, including an obvious laptop bag. I am trying to save $$ by taking it rather than spending $35-$40 for a cab or shuttle, but not sure how 'safe' it is.
With any big city, we need to always be on guard, but am I putting myself at extra risk when traveling with luggage/laptop and its very obvious we are tourists?
We do plan on using the metro and buses for all over traveling around, but I won't have all our stuff with us, so I am not worried at all.
Any thoughts?

. . . How safe is the metro?

. . . With any big city, we need to always be on guard, but am I putting myself at extra risk when traveling with luggage/laptop and its very obvious we are tourists?
I take the Metro Red Line often, and it is safe. It's also less crowded than subways in other major cities.

I have not heard of any incident of pickpockets or petty theft (unlike the metros in Paris and Rome, where these problems are notorious).

Be on guard and you'll be fine.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter