Rumoured 8/5 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

Something tells me these comments are just as unreliable as the 8/5 rumor.

You're talking to a sales guide who is trying to sell you what's currently available. He/she wants to make the stuff that's not yet available seem as unappealing as possible.
Agreed. Sounds dubious! That said, with everyone’s sense of humor, it’s been totally fun following this thread. So my vote is to make it a home for every unverified VGF2 rumor out there. And if you haven’t heard one, you could always make one up!

Something tells me these comments are just as unreliable as the 8/5 rumor.
Agreed. Sounds dubious!
But 8/5 is not just a rumor!
It's been authenticated on this board as actual hearsay by multiple people who claim to know something or other about it.
The day isn't over yet, when do the offices close? :p

But 8/5 is not just a rumor!
It's been authenticated on this board as actual hearsay by multiple people who claim to know something or other about it.
The day isn't over yet, when do the offices close? :p
You’re exactly right! And I just heard that Disney has actually just completed remodeling one room of Big Pine Key, a “test studio,” and are asking random DVC members to spend the night in it to get their opinions and impressions.
They’re apparently throwing in a complimentary dinner at Victoria and Albert’s as well!
Anyway, back to waiting by the phone for my guide to call and sell me those points! The day is young!

I really want to hear something soon on when this will open for sales.
We've been debating buying resale for VGF just because we want to own there so bad....but I did want to wait to see what the direct pricing will look like because who knows...maybe i'll finally attain one of those "Blue Cards"....

I really want to hear something soon on when this will open for sales.
We've been debating buying resale for VGF just because we want to own there so bad....but I did want to wait to see what the direct pricing will look like because who knows...maybe i'll finally attain one of those "Blue Cards"....
I have spoken to my guide a few times on buying VGF2 and he thinks at best it’s a December presale to current members, but he feels more likely Feb-March 2022. He has no inside information, but just basing the sales date from the opening date of Summer 2022.

I have spoken to my guide a few times on buying VGF2 and he thinks at best it’s a December presale to current members, but he feels more likely Feb-March 2022. He has no inside information, but just basing the sales date from the opening date of Summer 2022.
I would think early 2022 sounds about right. August 2021 was way too early.

I have not heard anything yet. All I know is these are a bit larger than the current VGF studio so it would be nice if we can see the split bath. RIV has that so it could help the two resorts seem more similar when people are choosing a home resort when buying direct.

I honestly just don't see how they're going to be messing with the layout too much, given that they're planning on having these ready to go in 12 months. I'm 95% sure they're just going to more or less do a hard refurbishment and update the furniture, tile, floor. Reconfiguring walls takes way too much time (and $$$).

They're essentially "flipping" the hotel and using DVC to foot the bill.

I tend to agree. This is also probably why they are adding these rooms to the existing Association instead of creating s new one (time & $$).. Makes me sad. But I am hoping to be proved wrong.
I think you might be proved wrong. I don’t think they’re going to degrade the product at their flagship resort.

I hear you. I'm kicking myself for not buying more of them when I bought in a few years ago! I should have known 50 points was never going to satisfy us.

We've been talking about going up to 100. But just last night my wife started talking about how the kids had such an amazing time, maybe we should consider going even more often. How much more is 150?

And now I think I understand how Disney is eventually going to consume the vast majority of all of our vacation budgets.
We started with only 40. :( Now have 65, but fully expect to be around 100. 100 works well for us at BLT, and I think that will be fine for VGF. We will be gifting those two 100 pointers to our DS’s in a few years, maybe.

So how many people have bought VGF2 since 8/5? Almost two weeks...must be a lot of new owners!

I think you might be proved wrong. I don’t think they’re going to degrade the product at their flagship resort.
If it makes them more money and better bonuses, I have almost no faith left in Disney management at this point.

they are making very few customer centric decisions these days.

Toured GFV yesterday. Some insight and information from the guide:
- Regular kitchenette appliances — but no sink. They are trying to save time and money by not re-doing the plumbing.
-They are doing this conversion on the fast and cheap. No significant construction to alter the rooms. They are just swapping the furniture and decor, adding a microwave and toaster, etc.
-As they aren’t re-configuring any walls, the studios will indeed be larger than the current GFV studios.
-She didn’t expect sale to be announced until 2022.

Personally, I don’t really like this shift away from DVC being a villa towards just being a regular hotel room with a microwave and a sofa/Murphy bed instead of a second queen. Truly starts to feel less like a timeshare and more like simply Pre-paying your hotel room (with loss of housekeeping)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter